Pay scale for Associate Professor in Government Jobs
Associate Professor is normally full-time and permanent professor in the UG and PG level educational institution and colleges. Classroom teaching is normally the job profile of an associate professor on the basis of the quality and size of university or institution for which they are appointed, these professionals normally teach a combination of both UG and PG courses.
In India, associate professors are appointed by many government-run organizations and the pay scale for this position in these government-run educational institutions is 15600-39100+ grade pay of Rs. 6000, which is same as the pay scale for the candidates appointed for the position of Assistant Professor. However, some educational institutions offer them a pay scale of Rs. 37400-67000 + Grade pay of Rs.10000, which is the pay scale offered for the position of Professors. Even some government institutions pay them a consolidated monthly pay.
Recent job notification for the position of Associate Professor in Government institutions:
• Tamil Nadu Central University
• National Institute of Ayurveda
• Government Medical College, Haldwani
• Uttar Pradesh Research Institute of Medical Sciences & Research
• Government Engineering College, Bharatpur
• Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak
• Central University of Bihar
• Central University of Punjab
In addition to these institutions, several other educational institutions, run under the control of different state governments and central government of India also call for applications from eligible candidates for the position of Associate Professor frequently.
What is the educational qualification required to apply for the position of Associate Professor in government institutions?
Normally, most of the government-run institutions require that candidates must be PG degree holders in the respective subject for which applications are invited. For instance, in the case of National Institute of Ayurveda, the institute required that to apply for the position of associate professor candidates must have completed their post graduation in Ayurveda. Even though PG graduates are required, candidates with Ph. D in respective subjects will be given much preference.
Should I have any experience to apply for the position of Associate Professor?
Yes, most government-run institutions require that candidates must have some five to seven years of experience of working as a senior lecturer or assistant lecturer either in a private institution or in a government institution.
Hierarchy of the position of Associate Professor:
Some institutions appoint assistant professors at the entry-level and after gaining some five to seven years experience in the position of Assistant Professor, they are promoted as Associate Professors.
- Faculty Jobs, Jammu & Kashmir Entrepreneurship Development Institute
- Professor, Assosiate Professor, Malaviya National Institute of Technology
- Professor, Associate Professor, Malaviya National Institute of Technology
- Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Research/Faculty Associate, Gautam Buddha University
- Professor, Associate Professor, Central University of Himachal Pradesh
- Faculty Jobs, National Institute of Rural Development
- Associate professor, Assistant Professor, Government Engineering College (Bharatpur)
- Faculty Jobs, Hyderabad University
- Professor, Associate Professor, IISER
- Faculty Jobs, LGB Regional Institute of Mental Health
- Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Indian Institute Of Technology Delhi
- Professor, Associate Professor, NIT Bihar
- Professor, Associate Professor, RIMSNR
- Professor & Associate Professor - Ganpat University
- Faculty Jobs - Doon Univesity, Dehradun