Requirements and procedure to become a Forest Ranger
Bachelor degree holders in any of the areas of Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Agriculture, etc are eligible to apply for the post of Forest Ranger. Selection of eligible candidates to this position is carried out through certain written exams conducted by State Public Service Commission. Written exam is followed by a physical fitness test and an interview stage as part of the final selection process.
Eligibility to apply for the post of Forest Ranger
In order to apply for the post of Forest Ranger, the candidate must possess bachelor’s degree from any recognized educational institute. Graduation must be obtained in any of the following areas
- Natural sciences
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Pure mathematics or
The selection of candidates in to the post of Forest Officer is carried out through written examination. In order to attend the exam one must posses certain physical qualifications also.
For Male candidates, the physical requirement is
- Height - 163 cms
- Chest - 84 cm normal, expandable up to 5 cms
For Female candidates the physical requirement is
- Height - 150cms
- Chest - 79 cm normal, expandable up to 5 cms
The general eligibility conditions may vary with the state and according to the authority that carry out the entrance test.
Selection Procedure for the post of Forest Ranger
The selection of candidate to the post of Forest ranger is done through an entrance exam. In order to fill up the vacancies that arise in a specific state, one should attend the competitive exam carried out by state PSC. Application for the written exam can be submitted through the official web portal of the concerned PSC. The question paper for the written test mainly comprises questions from English language, General Awareness, etc.
In case of written exam carried out by Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission, the question paper comprises questions from general studies, English language, mathematics, etc. This test also includes questions from the certain optional subjects mentioned in the exam notification. One can select their preferred subject from the list of optional subject given and should specify the same at the time of application process.
Those who pass the written exam will be called for physical fitness test. In this, the physical conditions of the aspirant are evaluated. Physical test also checks whether one can cover 25kms on foot within 4 hours.
Aspirants who have passed these two levels will be short listed and will be called for interview. Those who get qualified in this final section will be short listed for the post of Forest Ranger.
- Forest Ranger - How to become a Forest Ranger?
- Forest Conservator, Forest Ranger, Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Park Ranger – How to become a Park Ranger?
- Difference between Foresters and Forest Range Officers
- Forest Manager - How to become a Forest Manager?
- Diploma in Forestry, Forestry diploma
- Ph.D in Forest Research Institute – Streams and Admission Process
- Government Jobs in Forest Sector
- Indian Forest Service, Statistics Paper II Papers
- B.Sc in Forestry, Forestry B.Sc
- Indian Forest Service, Statistics Paper I Papers
- Junior Research Fellow, Field Assistants, Institute of Forest Genetics & Tree Breeding
- PG Courses in KAU and Admission Details
- Indian Forest Service, Physics Paper II Papers
- Career prospects after B.Sc in Botany