Siliguri B.Ed. College, Darjeeling


Siliguri B. Ed College came into existence in the year 1989 and the college is affiliated to the North Bengal University. The college is recognized by the National Council of Technical Education and has earned B+ accreditation from the National Assessment & Accreditation Council.

Course Details:

Siliguri B. Ed College offers Bachelor of Education Course and the duration of this course is 12 months. The classes normally begins during the 1st of July every year and in the course duration, candidates are offered practical teacher training for 40 days. The medium of instruction is English and Bengali.

Eligibility requirement:

For seeking admission to the Bachelor of Education course offered by the Siliguri B. Ed College, candidates must have completed their graduation or post graduation with not less than 50% of marks, which is 45% for candidates belonging to SC/ST category. Even teachers working for state government aided schools recognized by WBBSE are eligible to apply for the course. Candidates who are more than 35 years of age are not eligible to apply for the Bachelor of Education course. However, there is no upper age limit for reputed teachers if they have not less than one year of teaching experience without any break.

Admission Procedure:

Admission of fresh students is done based on the merit secured by them in the qualifying examination. In the case of experienced candidates, selection is made based on their number of years of teaching experience.

Reservation of seats:

Out of the total number of 100 seats available for the Bachelor of Education course offered by the Siliguri B. Ed College, half of the seats are reserved for fresh students and remaining 50 seats are reserved for deputed teachers.

In addition, 95% of the seats are for candidates who have completed their graduation from the North Bengal University and remaining 5% of seats are for candidates who have completed their graduation or post graduation from other universities.


Siliguri B. Ed College is provided with various facilities like language lab, science labs, well-lit and spacious classrooms, spacious ground, auditorium, etc… There is also a women’s hostel in the campus with a capacity of accommodation 36 students. The college has a well-stocked library with a rich collection of journals and books covering Bachelor of Education subjects and there are also reference books pertaining to other subjects as well. The college also offers 24 hour broadband internet facility to the students.

Contact Information:

Siliguri B. Ed College,

(Near North Bengal University),

Baramohan Singh Jote,

Kadamtala P.O.

Darjeeling – 734 001

Phone: 0353-2581566




Do you have any question? Please ask:

Questions will be answered on our Forum section

4 Responses to “Siliguri B.Ed. College, Darjeeling”

  1. 4
    Prasansa Mukhia:

    How much fees I have to pay for education honours

  2. 3
    Debabrata Sarkar:

    how much fees have to pay for b.ed course in English?

  3. 2
    biswajit barman:

    what is the course fee and i am s.c. i have 43.5 % can i get addmission .

  4. 1

    charges and what about attendence.