SSC Officer Dental Corps, Indian Army
Indian Army has its headquarter located at New Delhi. It is a part of Ministry of Defence and Indian Armed Force. There are total 1,100,000 active personnel working in Indian Army at present. Indian Army is a land based branch which actually came into existence in the year 1947. It is also considered as the second largest standing volunteer army of the world. General V. K. Singh is the Chief of the Army staff. The main aim or function of the army is to ensure the national security of the Republic of India. Maintaining peace and security within the borders of India is also a prime mission of Indian Army.
Indian Army is making recruitment of eligible and qualified candidates on the position of SSC Officer Dental Corps in Indian Army. Only eligible Indian Nationals are invited to apply for the grant of Short Service Commission in Army Dental Corps.
The age of interested candidates must be less than 45 years of age as on 31 December 2011. 45 years is the maximum age limit or upper age limit set for the specified position. All candidates are required to follow or fulfill this age criteria for the post. Relaxation of few years will be provided to candidates belonging to reserved category candidates. The relaxation will be provided as per the rules of Government of India.
Candidates should have passed BDS degree with atleast 55% marks in aggregate in final year. The degree must have been done from a recognized institute or university. Candidates with MDS degree from a recognized university are also eligible to apply for the specified position in Indian Army. Interested candidates should also have completed one year rotatory internship recognized by Dental Council of India. Permanenet Dental Registration certificates are also need to be possessed by the candidates besides the specified educational qualification.
No. of posts: Total 32 vacancies are available.
Pay Scale: A prescribed amount of salary i.e. Rs. 15600-39100 with a Grade Pay of Rs. 6100 will be given to the selected candidates.
Candidates will have to face two stages of the Selection process for getting selected on the above mentioned position in Indian Army. Candidates are required to qualify in both the stages of the selection process or else they will not be considered at the time of making final selection. The two stages of the selection process are mentioned below:
1. Shortlisting of Candidates: Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview against Selection Board on the basis of their final BDS marks. Candidates will be allowed to appear in the next stage of selection process only if they qualify in this stage.
2. Medical Examination: Candidates will then have to appear for a Medical Fitness test before a Medical Board. Candidates are required to meet with the Physical Standards set.
How to apply: Candidates are required to send the completely filled in application form on a plain paper and other required enclosures to the prescribed address. All enclosures should be sent in a sealed envelope or cover only. The address to which the application should reach is given below:
Director General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS/DENTAL),
Room No. 24, ‘L’ Block,
Ministry of Defence,
New Delhi - 110001.
Government of India.
Last date to apply: 15 October 2011
For more information visit http://indianarmy.gov.in
- SSC Officer Dental Corps - Indian Army
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) in Army College of Dental Science, Secunderabad
- Short Service Commission (Trainee) - Indian Army
- Career In Defence Services (Army)
- Remount Veterinary Corps, Indian Amry
- How to join Indian Army?
- Dental Surgeon, Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Short Service Commissioned (SSC) Officer (in Medical Corps), Indian Army
- Dental Officers, Indian Army
- Best colleges for doing MDS
- Veterinary Corps, Indian Army
- Short Service Commissioned (SSC) Officer, Indian Army
- Army Officer - How to become an Army officer?
- List of Dental Entrance Exams
- Career Avenues after BDS