Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission conducts examinations every year for recruiting persons for various services of the State Government of Tamil Nadu, including State, Subordinate and Ministerial Services. TNPSC conducts over 170 examinations for the recruitment in these services. Notifications for these examinations are released from time to time. The applicants have to follow the set rules and regulations for these examinations. The candidates have to fill an application form and submit it within the given time frame in order to enroll their names for these exams.
TNPSC conducts Combined Subordinate Services Examination –I(CSSE-I) for direct recruitment in a number of services under Tamil Nadu Government. The services are divided in two parts: One for which both Written and Oral Exams are conducted and one for which only written exams are conducted. For example to get in to positions like Station Officer – Fire and Rescue Services, Junior Inspector (of Co-operative Societies), etc one must go through both written and oral exams. Selection to job positions of Storekeeper, Assistant Supervisor, etc is carried out through written test only.
Educational qualifications and age requirements may differ with job profile. Matriculation is the basic qualification required for the post of Grade IV Executive Officer. Minimum age requirement for this post is 25 years. Junior Assistant, Field Surveyor, Steno-Typist, etc are some positions included under Group-IV Services. Minimum age requirement for Group IV services is 18 years and Maximum age requirement for these jobs is 35 years. Graduation is the basic qualification necessary for the profile of Station Officer, Junior Inspector, etc under CSSE-I. Those who are applying for the position of Station Officer must be in the age group of 20-30 years.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Like Eligibility Criteria of TNPSC, exam pattern and syllabus will also differ with job position. There will be a total of 200 questions for Group IV services exam. Exam covers topics on General Knowledge, General Tamil, and General English. There will be two set of question papers for this exam. First set of questions covers topics on General Knowledge, and General Tamil. Second set comprises questions on General Knowledge and General English. Exam pattern and syllabus for CSSE-I written tests is also similar as mentioned.
Applications for various job positions under TNPSC can be submitted via any of the following websites.
Only online method of application submission is possible. Before the applicant start with the application process, they must be ready with the certain documents. The following documents should be submitted along with the application.
- Scanned Photograph
- Scanned Signature
- Valid E-mail ID/ Mobile Number
Application fee for attending the exam can be paid either through online or offline mode. Online fee payment can be made at the time of application process itself. A separate page will be displayed for payment, where the applicant must select their convenient payment method as Net Banking, Credit card or Debit card. Offline payment can be made through any of the branches of Indian Bank or via specified Post Offices. In this case, payment must be made after submitting the application form through online method. By completing fee transaction process a Registration Number/Application Number and Password will be generated, which can be used for future reference.
- Address: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, Omanthoorar Government Estate, Anna Salai, Chennai – 600 002
- Website: www.tnpsc.gov.in
- TNPSC papers
- Junior Assistant - Tamilnadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)
- Typist - Tamilnadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)
- Assistant Section Officer-cum-Programmer in TNPSC - Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Labour Officer - Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)
- Steno Typist (Grade-III) - Tamilnadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)
- Audit Inspector – Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Forest Apprentice - Tamil Nadu Forest Subordinate Service, TNPSC
- Assistant Commissioner - Tamilnadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)
- Supervisor of Industrial Co-operatives in the Industries and Commerce Department - Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category-I) - Tamilnadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)
- Revenue Assistant in Revenue Department - Tamilnadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)
- Assistant Section Officer in Finance Department, Secretariat - Tamilnadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)
- Deputy Collector - Tamilnadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)
- Assistant Commerical Tax Officer - Tamilnadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)