Veterinary Technologist – How to become a Veterinary Technologist?
Veterinary Technologists are the technicians who assist the veterinarian in treating sick animals. They are responsible for conducting blood tests, developing x-ray and making tissue samples. It is their duty to feed and control the animals which are kept under research laboratory settings. Those who have much experience in this field can counsel the pet owners about how to take care of the animals. They can also train the newly appointed technician in the concerned institution.
To become a Veterinary Technologist, one should complete their veterinary technology program from any recognized institution. They can choose either two year or four year program according to their interest and eligibility. Both of these courses will enable them to pursue their career as Veterinary Technologist.
Who are eligible to apply?
Candidates who have completed any veterinary technology program can join any institution as Veterinary Technologist. To pursue this program, one should pass their 12th standard examination with Biology and Mathematics. Not only they should pass their 12th standard examination but also they should satisfy the eligibility criteria required to get admission to a Veterinary College. Sometimes there will be entrance test for the intake of candidates to the concerned Veterinary College. In that case, candidates should also score the required marks in that entrance test to take admission. To fetch the job of Veterinary Technologist, one should forward their application to the concerned institution right after completing their Veterinary Technology course. Eligible applicants will be selected for the test and interview. Candidates will be selected for the job after examining their performance in the test and interview. Experienced candidates can apply for higher posts in more reputed institution.
Key elements in the process
- Complete two year or four year Veterinary Technology program
- Acquire much clinical experience
- Apply for the job of Veterinary Technologist at any institution
Skills required for a Veterinary Technologist
Veterinary Technologists should have good communication skills to interact with the pet owner about the sickness of the animals. They should have good organization skills and listening skills so as to accomplish their assigned tasks within specified time. Apart from all these skills, Veterinary Technologist should possess real passion for their job.
- Difference between a Technician and a Technologist
- Higher study Options after B.V.Sc (In India)
- Surgical Technologist - How to become Surgical Technologist?
- Government Jobs in Veterinary Sector
- Difference between Medical Technologist and Medical Transcriptionist
- Higher Study Options after M.V.Sc (In India & Abroad)
- List of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry Institutes
- List of Postgraduate Courses in Veterinary Science
- Best colleges for doing Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- IFS Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science (Paper II) Papers
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science, Veterinary Science Bachelor
- Difference between Rubber Technologist and Ceramic Technologist
- IFS Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science (Paper I) Papers
- Difference between Medical Writer and Medical Technologist
- Difference between a Pathologist and Medical Technologist