19th March 2015, 02:21 AM
Unregistered

How can I get admission to study B.Tech after completing Diploma in IT?

Dear Sir/Madam,
Currently I am pursuing Diploma in IT
please give me advise how I take admission in B.Tech?
Please help me to know the further process.
Waiting for your reply.

20th March 2015, 10:20 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission to study B.Tech after completing Diploma in IT?

If you are interested to pursue B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course, you need to appear in entrance examinations like LEET/JELET/ECET to get admission in B.Tech course. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college in the counselling process. By qualifying the entrance examination, you can get direct admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
20th March 2015, 11:19 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission to study B.Tech after completing Diploma in IT?

To get admission in B.Tech, after the completion of Diploma in IT, you have to appear for Lateral entry exam, which is conducted in your state. So, try to know about the Lateral entry exam, which is conducted in your state and try to appear for such exam. If you can qualify such exam, you will get direct admission in second year of B.Tech.

List of Lateral Entry Exams in different states of India:-
Following are some of the Lateral Entry Exams, which are conducted in different states of India.
->Calicut University Lateral Entry Entrance Exams
->Delhi technical University Lateral Entry Entrance Examination
->Kerala University Lateral Entry Exam
->KIIT University Lateral Entry Entrance Examination
->Lateral Entry Entrance Test LEET
->LPU NEAT (National Engineering Aptitude Test)
->MIT-Manipal BE Lateral Entry Entrance Exam
->Mumbai University Lateral Entry Entrance Examination
->Punjab Technical University Lateral Entry Entrance Test (PTU LEET)
->UKSEE B.Tech (Lateral Entry) Entrance Exam
->Uttarakhand Technical University Lateral Entry Entrance Test
->West Bengal University Joint Entrance Exam for Lateral Entry (JELET)
21st March 2015, 12:05 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For Diploma holders there is lateral entry exam for getting admission in a B.Tech course. This entrance exam will allow you to get admission in 2nd year of the B.Tech degree course through lateral entry admission. Every state has their own lateral entry exam which is mostly conducted by the individual University. For example in West Bengal it is known as JELET and in the same way there is LEET which is mostly conducted for lateral entry admission in India.

You can also go for AMIE which is also equivalent to a Engineering degree and is approved by AICTE. AMIE is like a distance education Engineering degree and you can study at your own expense without any regular classes.
21st March 2015, 09:06 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

You can take admission in B.Tech after Diploma in IT through LEET exam. LEET exam stands for Lateral Entry Engineering test.

Eligibility:-

You should have passed a diploma from a recognized university. You must consist at least 55% marks in your diploma.

No backlogs at time of exam.

Maximum age limit is 25 years.

You will get direct admission in 2nd year of your engineering degree.

There will be two papers:-

Paper 1 General

Paper 2 Profeessional
21st March 2015, 06:45 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Here you need to qualify and score in Lateral Entry Engineering Test i.e. LEET. Once you complete your Diploma then you are eligible for this examination.It is basically consist of two exams :- General Exam and Professional exam.

After that you need to go for counselling for getting your desirable engineering college.After counselling results will be announced and seats are allotted to the selected candidates.There after you just visit to that college and claim your admission on behalf of counselling result.
10th June 2015, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

HI I AM SIVA..I APPLY A LATRAL COUNSELING FOR DEPT MECH.I DID NOT GET A ACKNOWLEDGEMENT CARD...AND MY OVER ALL PERCENTAGE IS 86.92.I GET A GOOD ENGINEERIG COLLEGE PLEASE REPLY ME..
19th June 2015, 05:22 PM
satya praveen96
Junior Member+

1.First of all let you know the courses that you are eligible in your graduation course after doing your diploma in IT.

i.CSE(Computer Science & Engineering),
ii.CSS(Computer Science & Systems Engineering),
iii.ECM(Electronics and Computers Engineering),
iv.Information Technology(INF).

2.These are the course that you can do in your graduation course.

3.To get seat into your graduation course you have to appear for the entrance exam conducted by your state education board named LEET/ECET/JELET.

4.These are the names of the exam in different states.

5.For the exam the final aim is common i.e., entrance into recognized university for graduation after diploma.

6.So you apply for the exam which will be held in your state and qualify with more than minimum cutoff marks to get seat in graduation course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?