21st October 2014, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

How can I join AME after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Entrance test for admission in AMIE?

Sir, i am studing diploma in mechanical enng.
please tell me after diploma.How can i join AMIE after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?what entrance test for AMIE?

23rd October 2014, 11:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join AME after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Entrance test for admission in AMIE?

There is no entrance exam for AMIE admission. If you have the diploma in mechanical engineering from an AICTE approved college, then you can directly apply for registration in AMIE as a member. If you have valid documents and have applied in a correct way, then surely you will get admission in AMIE.

Hence, apply for registration in AMIE, when the registration starts. The registrations are open two times in year and you can easily apply for it through their website.

For a diploma holder there are 13 subjects, that have to be cleared for getting a graduate engineering degree. You can study at your home or take some coaching classes for passing these subjects. You have to pay examination fee and other courses fee in the form of demand draft.

For more information about registration visit https://www.ieindia.org/member_application.aspx
24th October 2014, 09:54 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I join AME after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Entrance test for admission in AMIE?

Yes, you are eligible for admission in to AMIE. Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers (AMIE) is being conducted by Institution of Engineers (India). Basically, there are two streams that can be applied for.
• Technical Members
• Senior Technician Members
As you have done Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, you can go ahead and apply for Senior Technician Members. AMEI is considered as B.Tech/B.E and you are eligible for every government Job.

Eligibility Criteria:

• Candidate should be 18 years of age.
• Should have an aggregate of 45% in 10+2 subjects
• Should have 45% in Diploma in all subjects

Examination Pattern:

There are 2 sections of papers and each paper is of 3 hours long.

• Section A : 4 papers
• Section B : 4 papers

Section A Examination:

This is conducted twice a year in May/June and November/December. It has four types of subjects.

• Fundamentals of Design and Manufacturing
• Material Science and Engineering
• Computing and Informatics
• Society and Environment

Section B Examination:

After passing Section A, candidate is allowed to attend Section B and in this you have to pass 4 papers. Later, you will be assigned with project work.

Following Engineering branches are covered:

• Aerospace Engineering
• Architecture Engineering
• Chemical Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• CSE
• EE
• ECE
• Mechanical Engineering
• Metallurgical and Material science Engineering
• Mining Engineering
• Production Engineering
• Textile Engineering.

After graduation from AMIE, you are eligible for Civil Services, Indian Engineering Service, GATE, etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?