10th September 2015, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Education Loan of Rs. 2 Lacs to deposit admission fee if already applied through college? Should I take Personal Loan?

Hi,
I need to deposit Rs. 2 Lacs in 2 weeks to a B-School as an admission fee for MBA course. I already have a pre approved loan for rest of the amount from tie up banks with the school. Will I be eligible to apply for an Education Loan from some other bank or do I have to avail a Personal Loan?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I apply for a Personal Loan of Rs. 1.75 Lacs to study MBA if already pre-approved Education Loan of the remaining amount?
  2. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan of Rs. 12 Lacs if taking Personal Loan of Rs. 1 Lacs and having Credit card bill of Rs. 1 Lacs?
  3. Can I apply for Education Loan from 2 Banks of Rs. 22 Lacs to study in Australia? Detailed information about Margin of Education Loan?
  4. How can I apply for Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs if already taken Rs 15 Lacs against Property?
  5. Possibility to get Education Loan of Rs. 12 Lacs to study in Abroad for a candidate who has taken Personal Loan and having Credit Card with HDFC Salary Bank Account?
  6. Can I get Education Loan of Rs. 5.75 Lacs to study MBA and for Internship which cost Rs. 90000?
  7. Which Bank provides Education Loan of Rs. 45 Lacs to study MBBS in US? Requirements to apply?
  8. Can I get Bank Education Loan of Rs. 32 Lacs if secured admission in Undergraduate Aerospace Engineering course in US?
  9. Banks cannot sponsor Education Loan more than Rs.10 Lacs? Possibility to do Pilot Training Course which costs Rs.20 Lacs?
  10. Possibility to apply for an Education Loan of Rs. 3.5 Lacs if already taken which has limit of B.Tech 1st year? Procedure to apply?
  11. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 24 Lacs to study MS in Germany?
  12. Should I apply for Bank Education Loan of Rs. 20 Lacs to study MS in Abroad if managed Rs. 10 Lacs?
  13. Possibility to change Personal Loan into Education Loan if applied in SBI to study B.Tech?
  14. Can I get Education Loan of Rs. 32 Lacs after secured admission in B.Tech of National University of Singapore if my father is passed away?
  15. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
  16. Which Bank can provide me another Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs for Higher Education if already taken Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs?
  17. Is it difficult to get Education Loan to study MBA in India for a candidate who has taken Personal Loan?
  18. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 9 Lacs to study in Newzealand? -- [Most Discussed]
6th April 2023, 03:32 PM
SurajKapoor

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Education Loan of Rs. 2 Lacs to deposit admission fee if already applied through college? Should I take Personal Loan?

You may be eligible to apply for a supplemental education loan from another bank or lender for the additional Rs. 2 Lakhs required as admission fee deposit. As long as you have already secured an education loan for the main tuition fees and can show admission in a recognized MBA program, banks may provide a small top-up education loan for admission costs. However, the conditions, rate of interest and fees would depend on the individual lender. It is worth exploring but Personal Loan may have better terms.

Taking a Personal Loan to fund the admission fee is also an option. While the loan would not have the tax benefits of an education loan, the interest rate could be slightly lower than an education loan top-up. The process would also likely be quicker. However, you would have to repay the Personal Loan amount with interest, which would add to the overall financial burden of your education.

Some other steps you could consider:

Request the college to defer the admission fee deadline by some days so you have more time to arrange the funds. Most schools work with students on genuine requests for short extensions.

Reach out to family or friends for financial support as a last resort. If possible, plan to return the amount once you receive other financial assistance.

Explore part-time job options for the next 2 weeks to generate funds through short term earnings. Every bit helps.

Check if you can pay a part of the fee now and the remaining amount in installments over the initial months of the course. Some flexibility from colleges is possible, especially for deserving candidates.

Research scholarship, assistantship or work-study programs offered by the college that could reduce out-of-pocket costs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?