14th June 2016, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

Does scholarship included in margin under Union Bank of India Education Loan Scheme? Why?

Hello, If I get an Education Loan from Union Bank of India and also applied any scholarship during my course then the scholarship is also include in margin? I have read about the norm but unable to understand. Kindly tell me what is this? And why it is necessary?

Related Questions:
  1. Whether assistantship includes in margin of Bank of Baroda Education Loan scheme?
  2. How margin can be included in Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs in Dena Bank?
  3. Margin under Education Loan scheme of Bank Of India for studying in IIM?
  4. Will my assistantship included in Loan margin under Education Loan scheme of Allahabad Bank? -- [New]
  5. Detailed information about margin and repayment in education loan scheme?
  6. Detailed information about Margin and Repayment of Loan terms available in Bank Education Loan scheme?
  7. Margin under IDBI Bank Education Loan scheme for MBA course?
  8. Detailed information about Union Bank Education Loan scheme to study B.Tech? How much extra percentage they charge for Education Loan?
  9. Subsidy scheme of Union Bank of India Education Loan policy?
  10. Detailed information about Union Bank of India Special Education Loan scheme?
  11. Margin under Education Loan scheme of Karnataka Bank? How to pay that margin?
  12. Eligibility to get Bank Education Loan for B.Des course for an ST candidate after getting scholarship? Interest rate charges under HDFC Bank Education Loan scheme?
  13. What is the margin for an Education Loan of Rs. 4.7 Lacs in South Indian Bank?
  14. Maximum amount sanctioned under Education Loan scheme of Union Bank of India? Maximum tenure of repayment?
  15. Does every Bank has its own rate of Margin for Education Loan?
  16. How the interest rates calculated under Education Loan scheme of Union Bank of India?
  17. Can I apply for Education Loan from 2 Banks of Rs. 22 Lacs to study in Australia? Detailed information about Margin of Education Loan?
  18. Criteria to get high amount education loan for Pilot training in London? -- [Most Discussed]
15th June 2016, 10:39 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does scholarship included in margin under Union Bank of India Education Loan Scheme? Why?

No, it is not necessary that if you get a scholarship it will be included in the margin of your education loan scheme. For any amount of education loan you opt, there will be a definite margin as percentage of entire loan which will be security margin deposit. So whenever there is loan disbursement, the bank will ask you to deposit that percentage amount in your account. For example, if you take loan of 7.5 lakhs, the margin will be 15%. Hence in first installment if bank gives loan of 1 lakh, it will ask you to deposit 15K in your account and as a consequence will give 85K as loan and 15K from your account for the disbursement amount of 1 lakh. Thus, usually the bank states that if the student gets a scholarship, then it can be directly linked to this margin deposit and the amount from scholarship can be used as security margin deposit to some extent if not entirely. Security margin deposit is a mandatory clause of education loan scheme.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?