6th June 2014, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible I could qualify for student loans again being defaulter?

With acceptance in 2002 into a nuclear med tech program, I had to take out student loans. At the end of the first year, I grew very ill, surgery was required, and I had to withdraw from the program. I never returned to school
because of subsequent pregnancies, nor did I return to work after 2005.
My soon to be ex-husband defaulted on my loans, everything is in his name. They took our 100000 fund last year. Is it possible I could qualify for student loans again? I need an education to support myself and my three children. Thanks for your consideration,
Bridgette

7th June 2014, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it possible I could qualify for student loans again being defaulter?

i am scoring 78.79% percentile in gujcet & 12th bord sci theory 84.44% percentile so pl.admission in gov.medicle college ya self finance medicle college my catagory OBC pl.reply urgently my mail id [email protected]
7th June 2014, 02:21 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible I could qualify for student loans again being defaulter?

It is quite sad to know that your health became a hindrance to your studies. However, there is no need to worry as failure is the stepping stone to success and where there is a will, there is a way. In case of any loan, the person who takes loan and his/her details are stored in the database of the Reserve Bank of India which is cross-checked by all the banks before issuing any loan. If there is a default which is of long term then there is no scope of getting loan again. In your case, even though your to be ex-husband defaulted on your loans, you cannot take loan unless he becomes your ex-husband. After that you need to show some guarantor to the bank, based on whose assurance and guaranty the bank will offer loan.

For now, the best option for you is to go for online job, which is part time. Earn a handsome amount and support your studies and your children.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?