2nd October 2010, 02:37 AM
Unregistered

Jobs after completing B.Tech in 5 years due to pending backlogs

Hi

I am a student of IP university, of B.tech(IT) 2005-2009 batch. I had some backlogs which extended my degree duration. I have completed my backlog exams in May 2010 and still waiting for my marksheets and provisional degree.

As the time is passing by, i am feeling more and more depressed. Hope of getting a job for myself are looking dim. I have dont have anyone to guide me and thus I am very confused and depressed.

I want to ask you guys about the the chances of getting a job for a 2009 passout. Will it be tough for me to get a job considering i am still a fresher and have no job experience.

I am very good at practical knowledge and have interest in IT sector. But my backlogs wasted 1 year of my career.

I am looking forward for guidance and help.

Thanks

Related Questions:
  1. Too many backlogs in B.Tech. I want to do part time jobs while I clear the pending papers? What other options are there?
  2. Any government jobs available for me after completing Biotechnology with backlogs and 42% and 58% in 12th and 10th?
  3. Jobs after completing B.Tech in 5 years due to pending backlogs -- [Most Discussed]
  4. List private sector jobs for EC Engineering students with backlogs?
  5. Is it possible for me to do higher studies if I completed graduation with backlogs but cleared all?
  6. Clearing backlogs after 2 years of graduation will affect opportunities to get jobs?
  7. Am I eligible for any good jobs with 4 backlogs in B.Tech?
  8. Can i get student visa for abroad study with 19 backlogs pending?
  9. Details of backlog and cutoff marks required in overall academics to apply in Off-Campus Interviews of TCS, Accenture, HCL and HP? Eligibility to apply?
  10. Can i get admission in MS course in USA with 32 backlogs pending?
  11. Is it possible to get placed after B.Tech or I can pursue post graduation course?
  12. Am I eligible for any government jobs after completing B.Tech from AP university with backlogs?
  13. Am I eligible to apply in Mu Sigma On-Campus Drive while having 2 pending backlogs being an Integrated M.Tech student?
  14. Will the 2 years of backlog affect my chances for getting a good job?
  15. Am I eligible for placement if I am a final year engineering student
  16. Am I eligible to attend L&T Infotech On-Campus Drive if had 5 backlogs in B.E.?
  17. What are the various jobs which we can get being a back bencher and having 9 backlogs in B.Tech? -- [New]
  18. Am I eligible to get a government job in railways if I have one backlog?
2nd October 2010, 11:06 AM
mseetharamster

Default Re: Jobs after completing B.Tech in 5 years due to pending backlogs

India produces more number of professionals and especially in IT sector.
So MNC's of IT have enough no.of professional every year...
As the demand is reached with enough supply MNC's starts searching for the quality,
so as you understood backlogs are one minus point...that can be overcome somehow if if you come out with passouts of 2009.But a year wasted is the black mark.....
But many with these black marks have successfully got jobs........
The things necessary is a good reason for your backlogs in the interview ...that can save you....
once you entered nothing can stop you back....

so if cant do the above ......pursuing M.Tech(regular) helps
5th October 2010, 08:12 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii..
Jobs after completing B.Tech in 5 years due to pending backlogs

so as you understood backlogs are one minus point...that can be overcome somehow if if you come out with passouts of 2009.But a year wasted is the
The things necessary is a good reason for your backlogs in the interview ...that can save you....
once you entered nothing can stop you back....

so if cant do the above ......pursuing M.Tech(regular) helps

good luck.
6th October 2010, 05:35 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Jobs after completing B.Tech in 5 years due to pending backlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi

I am a student of IP university, of B.tech(IT) 2005-2009 batch. I had some backlogs which extended my degree duration. I have completed my backlog exams in May 2010 and still waiting for my marksheets and provisional degree.

As the time is passing by, i am feeling more and more depressed. Hope of getting a job for myself are looking dim. I have dont have anyone to guide me and thus I am very confused and depressed.

I want to ask you guys about the the chances of getting a job for a 2009 passout. Will it be tough for me to get a job considering i am still a fresher and have no job experience.

I am very good at practical knowledge and have interest in IT sector. But my backlogs wasted 1 year of my career.

I am looking forward for guidance and help.

Thanks
dear friend,

as you understood backlogs are one minus point...that can be overcome somehow .But a year wasted is the the things necessary is a good reason for your backlogs in the interview ...that can save you....once you entered nothing can stop you back....

just work hard on your studies.other wise you can persue m.tech from iit s or nits that can give you an adventages.

good luck.
13th October 2010, 05:51 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

look, you back log will not make any affect to get a job easily if you have good academic records.

or if your academic records is full filling the criteria of IT companies, then you will get a job easily.

so this is high time to crack a job.

all the best.........
10th November 2010, 07:49 PM
malini k

Dear friend,
Don't worry yaar..
Doors will open if you are knocking on it...!
since you have backlogs in B tech you can't catch the jobs in famous established companies..But you have scope in the companies which are in starting state ,they will give job to you with the course certificate itself
With the experience in those companies we can try for good companies later .
Also you can go for higher studies and by getting good marks in that you can get good placements.
Don't worry...and try hard...
Better option is one that to be a job provider rather than a job seeker...!!!!
27th November 2010, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

hi malini k...
same is my problem....so can u suggest me some compani names in which i can try....i am in bangalore
27th November 2010, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by malini k View Post
Dear friend,
Don't worry yaar..
Doors will open if you are knocking on it...!
since you have backlogs in B tech you can't catch the jobs in famous established companies..But you have scope in the companies which are in starting state ,they will give job to you with the course certificate itself
With the experience in those companies we can try for good companies later .
Also you can go for higher studies and by getting good marks in that you can get good placements.
Don't worry...and try hard...
Better option is one that to be a job provider rather than a job seeker...!!!!

Hi malini k...

Plzzz mail me at [email protected] want to talk to u in dis context only...
waiting for ur rep..
18th December 2010, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of btech from uktech presently in 7th sem i was debarred from practicals of 5th sem the college authority first said that they will conduct the practicals along with 7 sem but now they are not conducting whenever we are asking they are not giving us satisfactory answer please help us out is it possible to give 5 sem practicals in 8 th sem please help us
7th January 2011, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

sir,any problem in future if we completed btech in 5 years
21st February 2011, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

I had a backlog in mca 1st semster but cleared by completion of degree in time and as on date.Most companies asks for mca/b.tech with no backlogs/backpapers.what does it mean Am I apply to appear .My name is Arun sharma from BPUT orissa.Also explain what does first attempt mean in completion of mca degree
25th February 2011, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

did all the subjects should be completed in btech 1st year?i am having only m1 back log.can i get certificate .plz reply me
25th February 2011, 11:32 PM
saisindhu

i am having only m1 back log in first year,did i get my btech certificate?i heard that we can leave two subjects in btech by means of 8 credits.is it true
???????///
7th March 2011, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

There will be no problem, unless and until you have good Communication skills and good taking power with friends and collegues. Best of luck. Yours Amruth Varma
29th March 2011, 12:52 PM
saswat1989
Senior Member+

Hi
First of all don't get depressed by the fact that you made it in five years after all its your past .
With booming IT sector this won't stand as a wall in starting your career if you have good communication skill ,confidence and above all your basic concepts .
You can look for starting with some middle level companies and then switching to bigger corporates after gaining experience.
29th March 2011, 12:53 PM
saswat1989
Senior Member+

Hi
First of all don't get depressed by the fact that you made it in five years after all its your past .
With booming IT sector this won't stand as a wall in starting your career if you have good communication skill ,confidence and above all your basic concepts .
You can look for starting with some middle level companies and then switching to bigger corporates after gaining experience.
17th May 2011, 04:27 AM
Unregistered

hiiiii,if someone having backlogs after completed their b.tech then it counted as 4 year degree or 5 year degree program......plz reply as soon as possibile.
15th June 2011, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

BACKLOGS ARE NOTHING , BE KOOOOOOOOOOOOL MAN
17th June 2011, 07:24 PM
sachin6

Your chances are 50% only. You improve your skills and have aggregate above 60%.
30th June 2011, 03:06 AM
Unregistered

as i met an accident last year and was severly wounded , so that i can not able to full fill my attendance and was asked to continue my degree (b.tech) with c.s.e. , now iam continuing my degree with jubior batch will ithis effect in future. if yes how ? and how to overcome
28th July 2011, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

i completed my btech bitoech 2010 batch in affiliated andhra univesity but i have 42 backlogs in my btech can i eligible for jobs
29th July 2011, 12:19 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
you have just completed your backlog so you are eligible for software company because software company allow one gap in career so you can apply for those company.
maximum software company want 60% in through out in career like TCS,CTS,IBM,HP,L&T etc.
some few software company allow 50% above criteria like WIPRO, SYNTEL etc.
so you are eligible for above company.

Also you are eligible for .NET and PHP company so you can contact those company.

All the best.
2nd August 2011, 03:45 PM
muthucharam

I have a query i completed engg in 6 years due to backlogs.During the backlog period i worked in networking BPO.With that experience i moved to IBM infrastructure after clearing backlogs.Now I'm working in IBM for 8 months.Will i be able to apply in TCS CTS in future?? I satisfy the percentage criteria.Pls reply ASAP
4th August 2011, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

iam ankur verma persuing b.tech in electronics and communication from gbtu,u.pu (formerly known as uptu) ,igot year back in 2nd year. so, now pls suggest me that what will i do?
can i continue my b.tech or leave it? if i continue then how yb affect my career? and after getting yb ,i have 2 options 2 continue my b.tech, these r to re-admitted to 2nd yr and other is as a ex-student, so what will i choose.....................pls ans. me............i am highly depressed.
11th August 2011, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

i completed my btech biotechnology i have 42 backlogs in my btech can i eligible for jobs my inter % 42 and 52 %in my 10
29th August 2011, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

sir,i am a student from mechanical engg...branch, NIT,SILCHAR.....i failed in 4th semester,due to the backlogs that is 3 subjects in 1st,2 in 2nd,3 in 3rd and 2 in 4th sem.....will i got a job after completing my b.tech....i am very tensed.....
30th August 2011, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

i m kiara
i hav 4 backlogs in my first semester of b.tech(it)
but hav completed my engg.in 4 years
would it b a hindrance in getting into a good company....??
31st August 2011, 01:59 PM
cool.cristae

Hi dear,

India produces more number of professionals and especially in IT sector.
So MNC's of IT have enough no.of professional every year...
As the demand is reached with enough supply MNC's starts searching for the quality,
so as you understood backlogs are one minus point...that can be overcome somehow if if you come out with passouts of 2009.But a year wasted is the black mark.....
But many with these black marks have successfully got jobs........
once you entered nothing can stop you back

Thanks
9th December 2011, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

hello friends..i am pursuing b.tech in mech branch...my engg ws cmpletng in 2012 bt cz i met an acidnt dis yr.i wsnt abl to fulfil atndnc criteria n got an yearbak..nw plz sugst me wat do i do aftr engg.

shud i go 4 mba.? wil i get admision in gud clg?
will dis yearbak afct my higher studies as well?
18th January 2012, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

i have got 86% in 10th, 59% in 12th and 62% in my btech...are there any chances of getting a good job in it sector..plz do reply soon me worried ..
23rd February 2012, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

I passed out 8th semester of B. Tech in 2009 with one back paper which I cleared in Dec'2010. Which year should be mentioned in my Degree Certificate, 2008-2009 or 2009-2010 ?
27th February 2012, 01:28 AM
edward1989

look, you back log will not make any affect to get a job easily if you have good academic records.

or if your academic records is full filling the criteria of IT companies, then you will get a job easily.

so this is high time to crack a job.
27th February 2012, 04:44 PM
michael_scofield

If you have completed your diploma & want to join B.tech then make sure that you have at least 60% marks in diploma so you can easily get entry in second year of engineering in reputed college but that college will be private & many of govt. engineering college,there are reserve seat for diploma holders.but there are admission depend upon merit marks.because there are only some reserve seats.There are also main difference of fees in govt. & private college.so take care & best of luck for your future.
27th February 2012, 04:52 PM
michael_scofield

After diploma it's your choice to choose the university from which you have to do your b.tech. course.
Just buy the brouchure of that particular university and read that brouchure perfectly and apply for the lateral entry programme..
1st March 2012, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

i have completed b.tech 2009 till now not getting any job
10th April 2012, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir,wil i get admision to m.tech if i have backlogs at the time of admision..? Please reply soon. I m very very tensed and disappointed.. I don't know what to do..
13th April 2012, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

I am student of GBTU university, of B.tech(IT) 2006-2010 batch. I had one backlogs which extended my degree duration. I have completed my backlog exams in march 2011 , so my question is what is a my passing year of b.tech 2010 or 2011 ?
14th April 2012, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

i hav got year back due to my short attendance in 3rd sem.... bt i scored more than 70prcnt in first year... and more than 80% in next cpl of years.... bt the prblm is that now m gonna cmplt my b.tech in 5years instead of 4....... so I WANNA ASK YOU THAT CAN I PERSUING FOR GOVERNMENT SECTOR JOBS AFTER MY B.TECH.... PLZ HELP ME PLZZZ
20th May 2012, 12:09 PM
y.anusha007
Junior Member+

My friend is a b.tech student.
she is doing her engineering in a college and she is a 2 year student.she did not fulfill her attendance so she is detained in her college.now she will get 5 years certificate.will that be a black mark for her career??can she get job after her engineering and is she eligible for doing her MS after engineering??
20th May 2012, 12:11 PM
y.anusha007
Junior Member+

My friend is a b.tech student.
she is doing her engineering in a college and she is a 2 year student.she did not fulfill her attendance so she is detained in her college.now she will get 5 years certificate.will that be a black mark for her career??can she get job after her engineering and is she eligible for doing her MS after engineering??
4th July 2012, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

completing b tech degree in 5 years from IIT will it have any impact on my courrier
5th July 2012, 06:38 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
You have completed B.Tech in 5 years in stead of 4 years.
So there is no problem to get a job.
You have 1 year study gap here so you can apply for these companies

LIST OF PRIVATE COMPANIES :

1.TCS
2.CTS
3.WIPRO
4.ACCENTURE
5.INFOAYS
6.IBM
7.SATYAM
8.HCL

LIST OF GOVT. COMPANIES :

1.SAIL
2.BHEL
3.GAIL
4.NTPC
5.DRDO
6.BSNL JTO
7.ONGC
8.IOCL

All the best........
5th November 2012, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

i have only one back in 6th sem.can i skip this paper........
8th November 2012, 12:54 PM
AAI ..

HELLO SIR..........

PLZ don't get depressed by the fact that you made it in five years after all its your past .

With booming IT sector this won't stand as a wall in starting your career
if you have good communication skill ,confidence and above all your basic concepts .

ALL THE BEST.............
12th December 2012, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

i have 99.9% in 2 and 99.99 in 10th am i eligible to be a rickshaw puller
31st December 2012, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

if we have backlog in bca 5th sem is it difficult to apply for jobs from now itself or whats the next step?
19th January 2013, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

i had completed btech in cse in 2011 i had an aggregate of 68% but due to family problems i didn't attend for interviews properly due to that reason i didn't get any job.suggest me how to approach further
17th March 2013, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

I completed my graduation in BE(ECE) in 2008 with 76%. I dont have any experience in IT, I know .net. and having 3 yrs experience in BPO industry(non voice). Is it possible for me to get a job in IT as a fresher.

Please guide me and also help me, if i cant enter in to IT what should i do.
18th April 2013, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Hi
i am a student of b.tech( final year). having backlogs in 1 year in mechanics and in 2 year in math. if i cleared these two paper in december 2013.

i am student of 2009-2013 batch,

if i clear my backlogs // at my degree // 2009-2013 will be written or 2009-2014 will be written // i am very confused/// please help me

reply me as soon as possible.
14th May 2013, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

hi i was a student 2008to12 b.tech batch bt due to backlogs my degree completedin 6 years now i wana do mba in it plz suggeest me shoud i do that or in which field i sud do
i m straight forward so tell me what all the problems will occur in my career bcoz of my b.tech
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?