19th January 2011, 02:48 PM

Which is a better career option after B.Pharm., 'MBA' or 'M.Pharm.'?

hi,
im sandhya im B.PHARM im confused what should i do M.PHARM,MBA, suggest me the better career option.

19th January 2011, 04:17 PM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which is a better career option after B.Pharm., 'MBA' or 'M.Pharm.'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
hi,
im sandhya im B.PHARM im confused what should i do M.PHARM,MBA, suggest me the better career option.
Hello Sandhya;
greeting for the day;

First of all you have to Think about your Area of Interest,Your command because both the field are good in their respective Areas.

According to me the better career option for you is M.Pharma or if You want to pursue MBA then join MBA(Pharmaceutical) or MBA(Clinical Research).

Thanks
19th January 2011, 04:38 PM
tharaniammu
Junior Member+

Default Re: Which is a better career option after B.Pharm., 'MBA' or 'M.Pharm.'?

to excell in your core field you should prefer M.Pharm and MBA is the extreme cross over from your core field to Marketing side.
it is easy to get opportunities by doing MBA. But, M.Pharm make you confident and it will increase your demand of work.

After B.pharm. , MBA - marketing is the good combination which has good scope in job market
19th January 2011, 05:19 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
hi,
dear friend,
actually now a days, MBA is having great scope & MBA students are getting best placements but since you have done B.PHARM, it will be better for you to do m.pharm because it will keep you in the same field whereas mba will change your field to management
19th January 2011, 05:41 PM
aps_2009

look u r from B.Pharm. so as per my thinking u continue u r education with 'M.Pharm bcoz it is helps u to become professional in pharm. so y? ur confuse between mba and m.pharm mba is difffrent from wat was u do.okkk
19th January 2011, 07:25 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Its quite obvious that if a student has completed HIS b.pharma then definitely HE chooses m.pharma for a Higher studies as He is totally familiar with the subject.But if someone has good in management and personally have leadership quality then HE can go to MBA.The reason for it is as follows-
1. Now a days Pharma MBA is most demanded in market. You are from pharmacy background, therefore you can get more beneficial than others. In recent economic recession only pharma-industries are remain unaffected or less effected than any other industries in the world. So be in the field is more beneficial.
2. HR studies is also valuable in any companies or industries.
3. Your interest in this field.
An important point must be keep in your mind as whenever you appear for an interview first of all you will be asked that why you did pharmacy? You can do same
with any other B.Com or B.A.... So its better to first get the solution of this question * then take any step further.
19th January 2011, 07:28 PM
nanty29

Hello Sandhiya,

With regards to your query for which option you have to choose then i tell you that this will totally depends upon you.What i mean is to say that you first think about your needs and interest because these two courses has much of a difference.One course leads you to a master in pharma and another one leads to you a master of business.

So that i think that you have to first make up your mind about these two.Whether you wants to upgrades your knowledge by doing M.Phara or you wants to go for business.

If you are working professional then it will also depends upon your industry needs and your industry requirement.

So what's i suggest you to first check your needs and interest and then adopt the course.
19th January 2011, 08:17 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Both are very good options. Join the course where you have good interest.

M.Pharm is the most common option and the good option. Once you qualified in the entrance exam and if you get seat to study M.Pharm in a college, you will be given stipend too. So many pharmaceutical companies may hire M.Pharm candidates by giving very good packages. Otherwise teaching and research will also be good options after M.Pharm.

MBA- the fully demanded course in the recent times, will also be a good option. In MBA too various specializations related to life sciences like Hospital management and pharmaceutical management too available. You can join those specializations. Otherwise traditional functional specializations you can join like finance, marketing and hr. keep it in mind that after B.Pharm, MBA from B schools and IIMs is preferable.

My ultimate suggestion is to go for M.Pharm
19th January 2011, 09:18 PM
amahajan

Smile Re: Which is a better career option after B.Pharm., 'MBA' or 'M.Pharm.'?

Hello sandhya,
I can understand your situation. I hope my suggestion would help you enough. See MBA and M.Pharma both are good courses and specialized courses in their respective areas. If you want to remain in this field that is Medical field then go for M.Pharma. And if you want to change your field then you can go for MBA.
Choose the field according to your area of interest.
21st January 2011, 04:38 PM
rahul_kumar066

For getting more knowledge you could join M.pharma and if you wish to mba then you should do mba with Pharmaceutical subject.
27th January 2011, 04:30 PM
mychandru024

M.pharm is better for you since you have done your degree in the same field.... it will extend your knowledge and skills.
23rd June 2011, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

hi... i am tamanna...m in b.pharma final year..i want to ask after b.pharma which has a better scope msc in clinical research or mba in hospitality mangement nd health care.
8th November 2011, 11:43 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Which is a better career option after B.Pharm., 'MBA' or 'M.Pharm.'?

If you have done B.Pharma from a good university and now stuck about what next, let me provide you with a few options:

1. Firstly you have to decide whether you want to continue with your studies, or you want to work.
Since here in this question you have asked that you want a deal between MBA or M.Pharmacy.. I can read that you want to continue with your education.

Now M.Pharma is an advanced course, and it certainly takes two year full time. So many people opt it out. But let me tell you, give full time to your academics if you want them to pay you back the rest 50 years of your life or more.

So M.Pharma is a better deal for me. Ofcourse MBA is not going anywhere, and there is no age limit for MBA, so very easily after your completion of M.Pharma you can go for your MBA.

Since Pharmacy is a research field, I suggest, M.Pharmacy is a better option for you to go with.

All the best.

Regards
RJ
21st June 2012, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

can i open medical store after doing mba pharma?

Naveen
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?