3rd June 2010, 10:55 PM
ikr

Biotechnology Jobs and Basic Salaries: M.Sc with biotechnology after B.Sc with biotechnology?

sir
i have completed B.Sc with biotechnology if i do M.Sc with biotechnology
what jobs will i get & what will be the basic salary?

Related Questions:
  1. What are the jobs in Biotechnology after completing MSc Biotechnology
  2. What can I do between MSc Biotechnology and MBA after completing BSc with Biotechnology
  3. Information about MSc Biotechnology? I have completed BSc Biotechnology
  4. Which course is better between M.Sc in Bio-Analytical Sciences and M.Sc. in Biotechnology having completed B.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  5. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for M.Sc Biotechnology?
  6. Which course is preferred after completing B.Sc(biotechnology), either M.Sc(forensic) or M.Sc(microbiology) or M.Sc(biotechnology)?
  7. How to do MSc biotechnology? I am a student of BSc Biotechnology
  8. Am I eligible to do M.Sc Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc in Life Sciences? -- [New]
  9. Should I go for MSc or MBA? I have finished graduation in BSc Biotechnology
  10. Which course is better between M.Sc in Microbiology and M.Sc. in Biotechnology having completed B.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  11. After graduating in Biotechnology what can i do between MSc and MBA Biotechnology?
  12. Jobs related to biotechnology field after doing B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  13. How to go for further studies in Biotechnology? I have done BSc Honors in Biotechnology
  14. Should I go for BSc Biotechnology or B.Tech Biotechnology?
  15. Can I do Agriculture in MSc after doing BSc Biotechnology?
  16. Scope in Clinical research after M.Sc (Biotechnology)? Salary variation between PG Diploma and M.Tech (Biotechnology)? Scope of M.Tech (Biotechnology) after M.Sc? Areas of jobs?
  17. Eligibility for admission in Msc. in Plant Biotechnology and Animal Biotechnology under ICAR
  18. What should I do after passing BSc Biotechnology between MSc Forensic and MSc Medical Biotechnology
3rd June 2010, 11:41 PM
help100%

Default Re: Biotechnology Jobs and Basic Salaries: M.Sc with biotechnology after B.Sc with biotechnology?

Look dear ,biotech is a subject which is really in a boom state .The $28 billion biotechnology industry, in a broad sense, uses organisms, cells, or molecules isolated from cells to make products or solve problems. Scientific breakthroughs in the 1970s allowed companies to capitalize on biotechnology techniques to make products ranging from better pharmaceutical drugs to the enzymes. Today, the industry's nearly 1,457 companies employ more than 179,000 people in research, development, manufacturing, sales and other types of jobs. The biotech industry is predicted to employ a large number of people, with hundreds of high-paying scientific and technical jobs, coming open every year.

India is becoming the major biotechnology industry & there has been seen huge development & growth in Indian Pharmaceutical market. The biotech industry in India is expected to grow to $4.5 billion by 2010.With this several companies and institutes of biotechnology have come up in the recent timee that will generate many jobs in biotech. India has the vast pool of talented scientists with techno savvy government. Foreign investors as well as Indian corporates are thus investing into this sector. Further with the formation of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) within the Ministry of Science & Technology, the major breakthrough medical & plant biotechnology, research & regulatory affairs have been done. Along with this, the National Institute of Biologicals (NIB), New Delhi has also been established for doing research, clinical studies and manufacturing. With this there are now numerous biotech jobs in India both for freshers and experienced.

Biotechnology is the stream where technology is combined with the biology for research & development. It is used in medicine, agriculture, living organisms, industrial & manufacturing process et al. In India, all the courses are regulated by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology under the Government of India. Candidate can join the colleges, institute or university for the graduation in biotechnology. In this B.Sc. B.E., B.Tech. can be done. After this student can then opt for the Master's programme in biotechnology. To enter into PG one must have done graduation in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Microbiology.

Research & Development:
Research and Development is the chief component of biotechnology. So from the entry level to the higer position, every type of biotech job in this segment is available. You can become a Scientific Director, Scientist, Research Associate, Research Assistant, Bioinformatics Scientist/Engineer, Bioinformatics Analyst/Programmer, Molecular Modeler, Facility Manager/Supervisor (Animal Sciences), Veterinarian, Lab Assistant or Glasswasher.

Clinical Research:
Clinical research in the main thing behind any job in biotechnology. You can become Clinical Research Manager, Biostatistician, Clinical Data Manager/Associate, Manager of Regulatory Affairs or Medical Affairs Director.

Biotech Pharmaceutical Jobs:
Here you can become a clinical pharmacist, clinical researcher, pharmaceutical representatives, process engineer, quality control manager. This career in biotech is very lucrative but you must have a desire to discover new things that are beneficial for humans & environment.

Biotech Sales Jobs:
To do biotech sales job you must have bachelor's degree and experience in the same field. Candidates from pharmaceutical and laboratory are preferred. You must be familiar with all the pharma products of the company in detail to have a biotech sales job. Companies that sell medical products must be targetted to have career in this sector.

The Job Demands:
International Employers look for cross-disciplinary education, as Biology problems are too big to be solved by people trained in only one discipline. The aspirants need to possess science and technology basics, training in computer use and information technology, and education in biotechnology & bioethics to anticipate and present options for solving prickly social issues. Community and four-year college training in biology and related disciplines, including integrated science and technology programs that incorporate computer science, information technology chemistry, biology, engineering principles, and bioethics, are preferred.

The industry's diversity and potential for growth mean exciting and rewarding career opportunities for Indian Professional, since, Indians have two great skills; a sound base in mathematics and knowledge of biosciences.
Major Biotechnology Companies in India
• All India Biotech Association (AIBA), New Delhi
• Biotech Consortium India Limited, New Delhi
• Rajiv Gandhi Center for Biotechnology, Kerala (RGCB)
• Amersham Pharmacia Biotech Asia Pacific Ltd., Chennai
• BrainWave Bioinformatics Ltd., Chennai
• Aristo Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Mumbai
• Catalyst Pharma Consulting , Mumbai
• Excel Industries Limited, Mumbai
• Sisco Research Laboratories Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
• Hi Tech Bio Laboratories, Pune

The city of Hyderabad in Andhra Pradesh is one of the leading places for having biotechnology companies in abundance. It is the city's climate for biotechnology research & manufacturing that has led to the vast establishment of the biotech companies, health care centers & hospitals.

Biotech Companies in India:
• Albany Molecular Research Centre Pvt Ltd. Hyderabad
• Anshul Biotechnologies Aurobindo Pharma Ltd
• Biomax Life Sciences BioGenex
• EPR Pharmaceuticals Ltd EPR
• GVK Biosciences Pvt Ltd
• Helvetica Industries Pvt. Ltd
• Indigene Pharmaceuticals Ltd
• Laurus Laboratories Ltd
• LAXAI AVANTI Life Sciences
• Mithros Chemicals
• Nektar Therapeutics India
• Pioneer Overseas Corporation
• Regain Biotechnology
• Sai Life Sciences
• United States Pharmacopeia (USP)
• Indian Institute of Chemical Technology
• Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology
• Vivimed Labs Ltd
• Accelrys Inc. - (A subsidiary of Pharmacopeia)
• Advanta India Ltd.
• Alltech Biotechnology Pvt. Ltd.
• Animal Biotech (Bangalore) Pvt. Ltd.
• AstraZeneca R&D
• Avestha Gengraine Technologies Pvt. Ltd
• Aurigene Discovery Technologies Ltd.
• Bhat Biotech
• Biocon
• Care Biomedicals
• InfoPro Solutions
• Labland Biotechs
• Prescientis
• ReaMetrix India Pvt. Ltd
• Sami Lab
• Sartorius
• Strand Genomics
• Syngene International
• Triesta LifeSciences
• Xcyton

So, from the above mentioned describtion ,i think you might solved your problem.For any further queries free to post here.

Good Luck,
help100%
4th June 2010, 12:02 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Biotechnology Jobs and Basic Salaries: M.Sc with biotechnology after B.Sc with biotechnology?

After Msc Biotechnology, you can mainly have two career options, either you can take a SET or NET exam and go for teaching. You can also apply for career in research organisations like Rajiv Gandhi inst of biotechnology. Some pharma firms also have opportunities for biotechnology post graduates.
4th June 2010, 06:09 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

To have a better career in the field of biotechnology, you must go for integrated MSc/MTech in Biotechnology. There will be a huge prospect for the course in coming few years. according to the professionals, more than 150 foreign firms are planning to set up shop in india to outsource research and development jobs.
After the successfull course period, you will be eligible to join as an researcher/scientist at pharmaceutical, biotech companies, government bodies and also as manager in agri-biotech firms.
The salary could range between Rs 25000 to 42,000 (starting)
But to have such career you must pass out from some of the best institutes like
St. Xaviers Calcutta
University of Pune
Annamalai University
SRM Institute of science and Technology
Amity Institute of Biotechnology, Noida
4th June 2010, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

salaries?
4th June 2010, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

cet is required for biotech??
4th June 2010, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my MSc in biotechnology.for writing SET exam is BEd essential?
10th June 2010, 02:24 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

dear friend ,

yes there r many job oppertunities in india even after bsc in biotechnology u can join iny pharma company or bioprocessing industries in recent years but ur salary will be low upto 8000 to 10000 but salary also increases upon expriences and ucan also go for mba or msc biotechnology doing job but it depends upon experiences.
10th June 2010, 02:29 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

All India Biotechnology entrance examination

Combined Entrance Examination for admission to M.Sc./M.Sc. (Agri.)/M.V.Sc. (Animal) Biotech/M.Tech.

Biotechnology is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University at various participating Universities as per details given against each programme at the undermentioned Centres :

Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Baroda, Bhubaneshwar, Mumbai, Calcutta, Calicut, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwar, Guwahati, Goa, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Lucknow, Chennai, Madurai, Pant Nagar, Pondicherry, Danapur Cantt (Bihar), Pune, Ranchi, Shillong, Shimla, Thiruvananthapuram, Varanasi and Vijayawada.
10th June 2010, 02:30 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

Programme of study

M.Sc. Biotechnology-candidates with bachelor's degree under 10+2+3 pattern of education in Physical, Biological, Agricultural, Veterinary, Fishery Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering, Technology or Medicine (MBBS) with at least 55% marks are eligible to apply for M.Sc Biotechnology at :

(1)Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi;
(2)Birsa Agriculture University, Ranchi,;
(3)Calicut University, Kerala;
(4) Central University, Hyderabad;
(5)Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyala, Indore;
(6)G.B. PantUniversity of Agriculture& Technology, Pant Nagar;
(7) Goa University, Goa;
(8)Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar;
(9) Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla;
(10) Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi;
(11) M.S University of Baroda, Baroda;
(12) Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai;
(13) Punjab University, Chandigarh;
(14) Pondicherry University, Pondicherry;
(15)Poona University, Pune;
(16) Punjabi University, Paitiala, Tezpur University, Assam
(17)Jammu University.
10th June 2010, 02:32 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

M .Sc. (Agri .) Biotechnology /M . V Sc. Animal Biotechnology-Candidateswith Bachelor's degree in Agriculture,
Horticulture,
Forestry,
Fisheries
, Veterinary Sciences or
Agricultural Engineering and (only B.V.Sc, degree for Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chennai) with 70% marks or CGPA of at least 3 out of 4; or 7 out of 10 in the grading system in case of Tamil Nadu Agricultural, University of Tamil Nadu
Veterinary and Animal Sciences (10+2+4) and 55% marks in case of G.B Pant University of Agriculture & Technology are eligible to apply (10+2+3 pattern).
10th June 2010, 02:33 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

M. Tech. Biotechnology-
Candidates possessing B. Tech degree with minimum 60% marks or equivalent in Chemical Engineering,
Biochemical Engineering,
Industrial Biotech (BE),
Leather Technology,
Pharmaceutical Technology,
Food Technology,
B.Pharma,
and Dairy Technology or Master's Degree (Biotech) with minimum 60% marks or equivalent in Life Sciences,
Botany,
Zoology,
Bio-chemistry,
Microbiology,
Genetics,
Physiology,
Pharmacology
and Biophysics
are eligible to applyj for M.Tech, Industrial Biotech (BE), Biotechnology offered at Anna University, Chennai & Jadavpur University, Calcutta.

MSc/ MVSc in Veterinary Biotechnology is a 2 year course at the Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar (UP)

Medical Biotechnology (PG course) is offered at All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi and University of Delhi (PG/MPhil/PhD) (Dr.B R Ambedkar Centre for Biomedical Research)
Marine Biotechnology (m.Sc.) can be4 studied at Goa University
MTech in Biomedical Engineering and Biotechnology is available at Jadavpur University, IIT Delhi and Kharagpur, Anna University, Madras.
10th June 2010, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

so taking up the integrated Msc/Mtech in biotech would be the better option?
10th June 2010, 02:38 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

you can also seek for higher educations by applieng for gate and by having a valid gate score you can definitely acheive high goals including admissions to some precious iit's as well .

feel free to post as many doubts as you can .we will feel worthy to solve your doubts
thank you ....!!!
12th June 2010, 04:44 PM
chinnu varghese

after m.sc in plant biotechnology,wat jobs will i get & the basic salary?
12th June 2010, 04:45 PM
chinnu varghese

jobs after m.sc in biotechnology? wat will be the salary?
12th June 2010, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

hi,im b.sc agri.biotech student want to dp mtech in biotechnology is there any job priority and of what kind of job or should go for PGDABM {DIPLOMA IN AGRI BUSINESS MANAGEMENT}
14th June 2010, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

i am doing b.tech in biotechnology,,,i ll clear it next year ,,and i am planning for m.tech in biotechnology ,,but i am worried that will i get job ,,after doing m.tech also in india ,,please reply me soon
18th June 2010, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

is it will be good for going for ms after doing mtech through gate?
18th June 2010, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Entrance exams for M.Sc Biotechnology?
19th June 2010, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

job placements and salary for btech buotechnologists
20th June 2010, 05:49 PM
sandy B

hello friends,i think in india biotechnology works is very low.though in abrod it have a very good carrier prospect.if u will get chance as a lecturer in college,i think it will be very good opportuniy for you....
21st June 2010, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

Biotechnology Jobs and Basic Salaries: after b.tech engineering
21st June 2010, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

job after m.sc. biotech. in companies
24th June 2010, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir, Iam doing M.Tech INDUSTRIAL bIO-TECHNOLOGY IN SASTRA UNIVERSITY,TANJORE. which are the good companies to do the project in chennai.Kindly guide me. will they allow to do project along with my friends
26th June 2010, 03:44 AM
sandy B

hello friend,according to my knowledge if you do m.sc in biotechnology,then you have a chance to join in a college as a lecturer.as it is a govt job,so it salary also very high...
28th June 2010, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

what will be salary expect in india if i complete msc in biotech
29th June 2010, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

iam doing msc biotech final year.i want the awareness of good job opurtunities for msc biotech.
1st July 2010, 02:34 AM
Unregistered

m doing bsc(h)biotech from amity noida...n want to do msc biotech.jst want to knw wat salary shud i expect after dat????
1st July 2010, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

what is aco
7th July 2010, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Is m.sc biotech or m.tech biotech?
7th July 2010, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

why i do m.sc biotechnology?
8th July 2010, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, i m doing b.tech biotech from VIT, after that i m planning for gate....i m willing to make my carrer in this field but also want to know even after doing m.tech from reputed colleges what will be the expected packages and carrer oppurtunities...
11th July 2010, 02:12 AM
Unregistered

M.sc in biotechnology is a professional science course or basic science course?
11th July 2010, 10:30 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Friend,
You are in such a sector which has great future scope, there is going to be great boom in this sector. So without any hesistation go for M.sc in Biotechnology.
As per regarding salary it depends upon the field in which you are. You can go for teaching after completion, research work , industry etc, But you will get near about 15,000-20,000 as a bigener and further on the basis of your performance.
11th July 2010, 02:46 PM
Shagun Makin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikr View Post
sir
i have completed B.Sc with biotechnology if i do M.Sc with biotechnology
what jobs will i get & what will be the basic salary?

Dear friend after Msc Biotechnology you can look for either SET or NET exam.

You can also look forward for you career in research organisation.

BEST OF LUCK!!!!
16th July 2010, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

sir i m going to join lovely proffesional university under course m.sc biotech...so could u tell me what is its status and what kind of job
iwill get????/ ...........for getting job in good firm wht shud i do after msc biotechnology?
17th July 2010, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

dear sir ,
i hav completed msc biotech. do i have more options to do phd if i couldnt select in net or set ......???
25th July 2010, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

I am m.phil biotech.what kind of job i wil get in uae.
27th July 2010, 08:32 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Biotechnology Jobs and Basic Salaries: M.Sc with biotechnology after B.Sc with biotechnology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am m.phil biotech.what kind of job i wil get in uae.
Better to go for research work in India itself. Its looks very attractive to go to foreign and work there but reality very different. So I suggest better to remain In India and serve the nation.
Go ahead!!!!!!!
28th July 2010, 01:28 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

there have various kinds of jobs opportunity for biotechnology holders candidate.they can do

1.they can go into the teaching profession.

2.they can do work in food processing industry.

3.they can do agriculture related research works.

4.they can work in pharmacitical industry.

the salary will be 12000-20000/- pm at the starting of joining.

all the best.......
29th July 2010, 04:23 PM

Post Re: Biotechnology Jobs and Basic Salaries: M.Sc with biotechnology after B.Sc with biotechnology?

Sandeep,

I have completed B.Sc/M.Sc BioTechnology integrated course in Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, TN. in 2009.

Could please give me the suggestions about this course for getting Jobs and the university level in Biotech industries....

Thanks in Advance.

-Sathish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDEEP891985 View Post
To have a better career in the field of biotechnology, you must go for integrated MSc/MTech in Biotechnology. There will be a huge prospect for the course in coming few years. according to the professionals, more than 150 foreign firms are planning to set up shop in india to outsource research and development jobs.
After the successfull course period, you will be eligible to join as an researcher/scientist at pharmaceutical, biotech companies, government bodies and also as manager in agri-biotech firms.
The salary could range between Rs 25000 to 42,000 (starting)
But to have such career you must pass out from some of the best institutes like
St. Xaviers Calcutta
University of Pune
Annamalai University
SRM Institute of science and Technology
Amity Institute of Biotechnology, Noida
3rd August 2010, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

AMIT Institute
3rd August 2010, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

what are the jobs to m.sc., marine biotechnology? and how much the salary?
4th August 2010, 12:11 AM
prathamesh22

basic salary is around 20 to 25 thousand
depending upon the company applied and experience
5th August 2010, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

Is there any govt jobs apart from lecturership after M.Sc Biotechnology?
11th August 2010, 12:55 AM
Unregistered

I completed M phil Biotechnology.. What kind of job i will get?
11th August 2010, 01:56 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

India's pharmaceutical industry is taking in a lot of biotechnologists. The core biotech industries are yet to pick up in a big way as compared to other industries. But this is a growing sector.

With MNCs like Biocon, Ranbaxy and Wockhardt recruiting directly from reputed
institutes there is no dearth of jobs for MSc. biotechnology students.

Employment Opportunities will be in Pharmaceutical Companies, Food Processing Industry, Dairy, Brewery, Cheese, Baked Products, Fertiliser and Chemical Companies, especially in the R & D department or the quality control department, waste management, agriculture and allied industries.

Research laboratories run by the government as well as the corporate sector are another source of employment.

Starting salaries in India range from 10000 to 40, 000 depending upon the industry you get into and the college you graduate from and also the experience you have.
11th August 2010, 01:58 AM
happy to help

Entry Level Income Biotechnology Jobs

The following Biotechnology job titles are in the salary range of $10,000 - $30,000 (Change Job Category)

Jobs by Salary Range

» Six Figure Jobs ($100,000+)

» High Income Jobs ($80,000 - $100,000)

» Upper Middle Income Jobs ($50,000 - $80,000)

» Middle Income Jobs ($30,000 - $50,000)

» Entry Level Jobs ($10,000 - $30,000)

» Six Figure Jobs ($100,000+)

» High Income Jobs ($80,000 - $100,000)

» Upper Middle Income Jobs ($50,000 - $80,000)

» Middle Income Jobs ($30,000 - $50,000)

» Entry Level Jobs ($10,000 - $30,000)
11th August 2010, 02:06 PM
Rickers

Hello friend,

There are many jobs after B.SC in biotechnology.
You may apply each and every compny for the job related to biology and medicine.
Otherwise if you not want to do job right now then you may go for PHd. Because after phd you may get chance for research. you may called by some research organization across the world. So you become scientist.

After B.sc you did't get good salaries while after M.sc and Phd you may get very much good salaries as compared to the former.

So the choice is yous go for a good desision.
Good luck!!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?