12th July 2013, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

Which books are to be referred for KAS exam?

i am planning to write kas exam .my optional subject is Geography
... and i am confusing which book should refer? SO please help me and send to my email id.... thank you...Mail ID [email protected]

16th July 2014, 07:31 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which books are to be referred for KAS exam?

K.A.S stands for Kashmir Administration Service and it is conducted by Kashmir Public Service Commission. The eligibility for the candidate is as follow minimum age should be 19 years. Candidate should be citizen of India and completed graduation from a recognized university. The exam is conducted in three parts of preliminary examination, main examination and personality test. For more details visit the website
http://www.kpsc.kar.nic.in.
Books for reference are as follow: You can refer to the books like NCERT’s Modern India by Bipin Chandra or SC Mittal of Class XII(Old Version).
Rajiv Ahir’s A brief history of Modern India (Spectrum Publication)
Statistical Analysis: Graphs and Diagrams 19th Edition
Publisher: Spectrum Books Pvt. Ltd. (2012)
Laxmikanth’s Indian Polity
Subash Kashyap’s Our Constitution
Geography of Jammu and Kashmir by Majid Hussain or G.N. Yatoo
NCERT India’s Physical Geography of class XI and India’s People and Economy of class XII
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?