11th February 2012, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Air Force being a candidate from Commerce stream?

Can i join air force if i am from commerce

12th February 2012, 04:32 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Air Force being a candidate from Commerce stream?

The minimum eligibility criteria with which a candidate can join Air Force is by completion of 12th class from a recognized institute with Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects.

For this, one has to crack NDA Exam which is going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year.

One can the following Defence wings by cracking this exam.
-Navy wing
-Army wing
-Air Force wing.

As per age criteria, one should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years to be eligible for this exam.

Apart from this, only unmarried male candidates are eligible to take up this exam.

As you are a candidate from Commerce stream, you might not be having Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects in your 12th class.

If so, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to take up this NDA Exam.

If you have gone through Mathematics and Physics in your 12th class and if you possess other required eligibility criteria, then you can appear for NDA Exam.

You did not mention the highest academic qualification that you have. If you are a candidate having completed Graduation, then prepare for CDS (Combined Defence Services) Exam to enter into Air Force.

This Exam is also going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

So, visit the official website of UPSC to know the updated information regarding NDA cand CDS Exams.

Here it is,
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
12th February 2012, 01:59 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

You can not join Indian Air Force through NDA after 12th as you are from Commerce stream.

NDA - NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to three wings of NDA i.e. Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male within the age of 16.5 to 19 years of age having either appearing for the final 12th exam or passed from any stream from a recognised Central/State Board with good physical fitness is eligible to apply for NDA.

As you are from Commerce stream and if from 12th standard, you are eligible to apply for Indian Army wing of NDA, but for Indian Air Force and Navy you should have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects in 12th.

The process of registration for NDA-I has already been completed the exam will be held on 15.04.2012.

For more information you may log on to official website of UPSC i.e.www.upsc.gov.in

But if you are interested for Indian Air Force, you can do that after graduation through AFCAT.

AFCAT exam is conducted for the selection of candidates as an officer in Indian Air force for the various branches as follow-

1.Flying Branch

2.Ground Duty Branch

3.Technical Branch

Eligibility criteria for AFCAT:

• You must have complete your Graduation degree in any stream from recognized INSTITUTE university
• You must secured minimum of 60% marks(aggregate in all paper put together).
• Your Age must be in between 19-23(for Flying branch), 18-28(for Technical branch) & 20-23(for Ground duty post).

>>If you want any other detail regarding AFCAT Exam, then Visit Official website: http://careerairforce.nic.in/home.html
14th April 2012, 08:33 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

You can Join Indian Air-Force only through AFCAT Examination, But you are Only eligible to apply for Ground Duty Branches.​ So you can Only apply for Administration and Logistics or Accounts.

You are Not eligible to apply for Flying Branch or Technical Branch Because for this Branch you have to complete your Graduate degree course with Compulsory subjects like Maths and Physics in 12Th as well as in Graduation. So you are only eligible for Ground Duty Branch.

>> For Administration and Logistics : You have to passed in your Graduate degree course in any discipline with minimum 60% Marks form a recognised Board.

>> For Accounts : You have to complete your Graduation in Commerce and you have to scored minimum 60% Marks in your Graduate degree course.

Minimum Height : 157.5 Cm with Correlated Weight.

Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination. So please wait for the Notification and then apply for this examination.

But to apply for this Branch, you must have attained the age of 20 Years and Not attained the age of 23 Years

And if you want to need more Information, then please check the official website :

http://careerairforce.nic.in
24th April 2012, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Things needed to become a pilot in IAF
6th June 2012, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

sir i have done class 10 in science stream & class 12 with commerce with computers in place of maths is i am eligeble for a post in indian air force?
14th October 2013, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Can I join Air Force being a candidate from Commerce stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i join air force if i am from commerce
yes you can join this easily
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?