29th November 2012, 02:17 AM
varohthini

Can we top up MBBS after Bachelors?

I am currently doing my BSc(Hons) Forensic science. Can I top up MBBS after completing Bachelors for 3 years?

29th November 2012, 11:23 AM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can we top up MBBS after Bachelors?

Hi,

Yes, you can do MBBS after graduation also.

You have to clear entrance exam conducted for admission in MBBS.

From this year Medical Council of India is going to conduct acommon All Indian entrance test for admission in medical courses , known as NEET

NEET -National Eligibility Entrance Examination

Eligibility criteria for NEET-

12th class with minimum of 50% in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board before admission.

Exam Pattern -

There are three papers of total 250 questions-

1. Physics - 75 questions

2. Chemistry - 75 questions

3. Biology - 100 questions

The exam is of 3 hours duration.

Mutiple choice questions will be asked.
29th November 2012, 02:09 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by varohthini View Post
I am currently doing my BSc(Hons) Forensic science. Can I top up MBBS after completing Bachelors for 3 years?
Dear,

Basic qualification to appear for MBBS entrance exam is 12th with maths, chemistry and biology. If you had BIO, PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY in 12th with minimum 60% then you can appear for MBBS entrance tests like NEET or AIIMS MBBS.

Your BSc will just be counted as a gap of three years if you get selected. If you are really very much into MBBS then go for it but i will suggest you not to leave what you are doing right now and waste whatever you have learned and done in these 3 years. You can have a good future in this too but yes not as good as compared to MBBS but at least your graduation will not be wasted.

If you want to go for for MBBS then start preparing for it as its really tough and require sincere effort.

Best of luck!
29th November 2012, 03:24 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
Candidates are admitted for MBBS through entrance exam. Even after completing B.Sc biotechnology you have to write the entrance exam to join MBBS course. Different entrance exam for pursuing MBBS are AIIMS MBBS Entrance exam, State MBBS CET, JIPMER, CMC Vellore entrance exam, AIMS MBBS Entrance exam, etc. The entrance exam is objective type with multiple choice answers. The syllabus for the entrance exam is that of topics covered in plus 2. The subjects for the exam are Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
30th November 2012, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
my daughter currently doing bds 3rd year. her wish is to study MBBS. After compleating BDS can she join MBBS. How many years she want to study. what is the procedures?
18th January 2013, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

i have interested in medicine field . but iam not take bilology group in 12th standard. iam a ba degree holder. so what can i do after completing ba . iam not interested in arts stream iam interested in medicine field.so can you tell me some idea for me to go to medicine field
6th February 2013, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

What type of questions are asked in NEET entrance exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?