23rd February 2011, 02:37 AM
gaurikhandelwal

Which course should I do after B.Com. for a career in the field of Mass Communication?

hi
m a student of b.com 2nd yr. i want to pursue mass communication course. should i go for graduate or masters course. plz tell me.

23rd February 2011, 07:01 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I do after B.Com. for a career in the field of Mass Communication?

Sure you can enter the field of Mass Communication. After completion of graduation you must apply for Postgraduation in this field. Try for the best institutes in the country like MICA. For this you will need to appear for the CAT entrance exam. You can write the exam when you are in the final year.
23rd February 2011, 01:10 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I do after B.Com. for a career in the field of Mass Communication?

as you are in second year of B.Com then first you should complete your graduation then you should try for mass communication. you can take admission in graduation course in mass communication after graduation. but you will not be eligible to take admission in master degree of mass communication as you do not have graduation in mass communication. first you have to go for graduation course in mass communication from a good institution.

there are some private institution like NIIT which provide some course on mss communication you may go for this type of course. and after completion of the course you will get job in mass communication field also.

best wishes.
23rd February 2011, 05:19 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello,

Yes you can do Mass Communication course after completing B.Com.

For more details login IIMA (Indian Institute of Media Academy) website.

Good Luck
23rd February 2011, 08:44 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

You are right now in second year so i will suggest you to first complte your graduation.
If you leave your graduation right now then your 2 entire years of career will be wasted.
So you need to have some patience.
After completing your graduation you may apply for post graduation courses.
You can apply for post graduation in mass communication & journalism after graduation.
After gradution you can also apply for some certificate courses in mass communication & journalisn .They are of 1 year in duration.
There are many universities offering Post gradution & certificate courses in this field.
3rd March 2011, 08:18 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

course should do after B.Com. for a career in the field of Mass Communication
you should try for mass communication. you can take admission in graduation course in mass communication after graduation. but you will not be eligible to take admission in master degree of mass communication as you do not have graduation in mass communication. first you have to go for graduation course in mass communication from a good institution.
there are some private institution like NIIT which provide some course on mss communication you may go for this type of course. and after completion of the course you will get job in mass communication field also.

good luck
6th March 2011, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

I am interested im doing mass communication but can u tell me the total amount of fees to be paid???
23rd April 2011, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

i have competed b/sc.(bio).which type of job can I do
5th May 2011, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my graduation in commerce field. now i i have only one year so i am thinking to do post graduate diploma in retail management so can i get job further after this in coming years or i should do something else?
6th May 2011, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

please suggest me some of the best colleges of delhi in mass communication
28th May 2011, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

i m bba 3rd year student,i want to be a reporter in news channel, can i take admission in post graduation program in electronic media ?
26th August 2011, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

can i do law after comliting my b.com .i am 3rd year student..
4th September 2011, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

which course in mass communication is best ? Is pg in advertisement a gud option?
30th October 2011, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

types of fields after b.com.
2nd November 2011, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

i m in s.y.b.com n have completed a diploma in pr and journalism , nw i want to pursue masters in media...of mba in media/mass omm kindly suggest
11th November 2011, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE JOBS WITCH ARE OFFERED AFTER MS C MASS COMMUNICATION
21st February 2012, 04:29 PM
aspire007

Yes you can do Mass Communication course after completing B.Com.

6th March 2012, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Hello,
I m a student of B.com 3yr. i want to do PG in mass and media communication, should i go for PG. in that. plz tell me and tell me how to apply in best colleges in India.
6th March 2012, 08:27 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

yes, you can apply in Post Graduation Courses.

There are Various universities which are offering courses in mass media.

Almost all the reputed college conduct Entrance Examination

Entrance Examination conduct questions on ENGLISH, MEDIA APTITUDE, REASONING AND ON GENERAL AWARENESS.

Group Discussion

Personal Interview

For selecting candidate for the courses in mass communication/media.

If you have flair for languages/expressions and have wide knowledge than this is the profession for you.

Top Ten Colleges of Mass Media/Communication.

Mudra Institute of Communications
Asian College of Journalism (ACJ)
AJ Kidwai Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia
IIMC
Film and Televion Institute of India
Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute
Xavier Institute of Communication
Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication (SIMC)
Sophia SBKS Polytechnic
Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media
9th May 2012, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Im in b.com 2nd and because of some misshappening there is an year back in the 2nd year in the year 2011 now should get an addmission in mass communication after my graduation
29th July 2012, 11:45 PM
samatha89
Member+

Thumbs up Re: Which course should I do after B.Com. for a career in the field of Mass Communication?

you can take admission in graduation course in mass communication after graduation. but you will not be eligible to take admission in master degree of mass communication as you do not have graduation in mass communication. first you have to go for graduation course in mass communication from a good institution.

7th December 2012, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

what should i do for mba in economics and what carrior in mba
7th December 2012, 04:29 PM
JYOTI TOP
Member+

yes, you can apply in Post Graduation Courses.
There are Various universities which are offering courses in mass media.
Almost all the reputed college conduct Entrance Examination
Entrance Examination conduct questions on
ENGLISH,
MEDIA APTITUDE,
REASONING AND
ON GENERAL AWARENESS.
But you will not be eligible to take admission in master degree of mass communication as first you have to go for graduation course in mass communication from a good institution.
20th May 2013, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

can i do bcom/bba with mass communication. Does it will hace any bad effect on MBA with doing mass comm.
20th May 2013, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i do bcom/bba with mass communication. Does it will hace any bad effect on MBA with doing mass comm.
aspiring journalism and mass comm students should read this useful book: "Nuances of Journalistic Writings" (by Raza Elahi, a sr journalist). The book helps in enhancing writing skills and has example-based approach as well as carries some selective write-ups.The book has got good reviews.
https://sapnaonline.com/nuances-of-journalistic-writings-1483021
19th August 2014, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Sir. I am student of b.com2nd .I want to make a reporter.so what course is best for making a reporter.?
6th March 2015, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which course should I do after B.Com. in field of Mass Communication?

sir im bcom graduate.. but i want to do pr course in media and looking for overseas education and jobs.. so shall i go for MA in pr or any other course in media.. also please guide about demand for pr and media courses and colleges in mumbai..
6th March 2015, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

sir im graduate in commerce stream but i want to switch my career in media.. are media course demanding much? i was looking for PR course in media and i want to do overseas study in that.. so shall i go for MA in pr or any other option.. also please guide me about media courses and its colleges in mumbai..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?