20th June 2012, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

Is CPT necessary for a graduate student?

Dear respected sir or madam, I Sudesh S Jadhav whant to ask that for the graduate student is CPT necessary

22nd June 2012, 03:25 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is CPT necessary for a graduate student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear respected sir or madam, I Sudesh S Jadhav whant to ask that for the graduate student is CPT necessary
The Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is mandatory for the following:
  • Students who have qualified Higher Secondary examination.
  • Candidates who posses Bachelors Degree in any discipline.
  • Candidates who holds a Masters Degree in any discipline.
  • Candidates who posses any professional qualification.

So, as you can see, the Common Proficiency Test is mandatory for every individual willing to pursue Chartered Accountancy course and will remain so unless the proposal is approved by the union government. As per the proposal, Commerce graduates with 55% marks in the qualifying examination and Non-Commerce graduates with 60% marks or more shall be exempted from the Common Proficiency Test.

For further information, you must refer to the official website of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
22nd June 2012, 01:42 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

CPT stands for Common Proficiency Test . It's an Entry level Examiantion for CA ( Chaterted Accountant ) Course .

If you score good percentage of marks in Bachelor degree then you may directly eligible for IPCC Course (or) Executive Course .

If your an Commerce Graduate with Mathemtics subject then you should score Minimum 50% percentage of marks in your bachelor degree course .

If your an Non-Commerce graduate with Mathematics subjects then you shoudl score Minimum 55% Percentage of marks in your graudation course

If your Non-Comemrce graduate without Mathematics subject then you shoudl score Minimum 60% percentage of marks in your gradaution .

You have completed bachelor degree , But you have not mention in which stream your belong from , So it's difficult to say CPT Examination necessary for you or Not . But if your score more then 60% percentage of marks then definitely you may directly eligible for IPCC Course without apply for CPT Examination .

If your satisfy this Eligibilty Criteria then you may directly eligible to apply for IPCC Course .
22nd June 2012, 02:20 PM
Vikas hrc

Hi friend..
CPT is not necessary for a graduate student.
I am providing you the details of CA course below:-
Chartered Accountancy is a professional course which is managed and conducted by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India(ICAI).
You can enroll for this course with ICAI after your 10th.
The enrollment fee is about 6,400/-.
After you enroll with ICAI,the will send you 4 books for CPT and 2 sample papers.

CA course is divided in three stages:-
1.CPT(Common Proficiency Test).
2.IPCC.
3.Final.

1.CPT-CPT is the entrance test for CA course.It is conducted twice in a year,once in the month of June and another in the month of December.The syllabus of CPT is
divided in four parts:-
>>Accountancy.
>>Merchantile Law.
>>General Economics.
>>Maths.

Total marks in CPT is 200 and the passing marks is 100.The exam is conducted in two sessions of two hours each.There is a break of 2 hours between both the sessions.You can appear for CPT after giving your 12th exams.For this,you will have to apply for CPT exam with IPCC.If you do your graduation,you are not required to give CPT exam but you should have scored at least 55% in your graduation if you are from commerce stream and at least 60% if you are from any other stream.

2.IPCC-This is the second stage of CA course.IPCC is divided in two groups namely Group 1 and Group 2.You can appear for IPCC group exam after qualifying your CPT directly after your graduation.You can appear for both the groups at one attempt or separately.For this also,you have to register with IPCC which will cost you around 12,000/-.Before exam,you will have to apply for the exam as well.

3.Final-This is the final stage of CA course.You can appear for this exam after qualifying both the groups of IPCC.After passing your IPCC Group 1 or after passing both the groups,you have to undergo a training of 3 years under a registered CA.After qualifying your Final exam,you will become a CA.

I hope that you are satisfied with the information provided.
If you have any doubt,leave your message here.
Best of luck.
Thanks.
22nd June 2012, 03:13 PM
jyotiprakash2108

Location: 91/3 pratap nagar, sanganer,Jaipur 302021,Rajasthan,India

hello
after graduation cpt registration or cpt entrance exam is not compulsory to give.
if you want to do ca after complete graduation then you have to take minimum 60% in graduation.
if you are not take minimum percentage then ou are not eligible for CA.
22nd June 2012, 05:53 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

CPT exams are conducted twice every year generally on the first sunday of the months of June and December.

you should have 60% marks in graduation

important dates of CPT[Common Proficiency Test ] 2012
1. Last date for registration to CPT Course with BOS 9th April, 2012
2. Commencement of sale of CPT Information Brochure containing examination form 4th April, 2012
3. Last date & time for Login Creation for filling of CPT Examination application form Online 25th April, 2012
upto 5.30 P.M. (IST)
4. Last date for revalidation of registration for June 2012 CPT Information will be published later on www.icai.org
5. Last date for receipt of hard copy of online filled up examination form 30th April, 2012
6. Date of CPT Examination 17th June, 2012
7. Likely date of declaration of result (www.caresults.nic.in) Around one month from the date of examination
(For exact date of result and other regular updates, keep visiting website www.icai.org)
27th June 2012, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
When can graduate students register for IPCC without CPT exam......... some said it will implement from july 1st.......
please reply in this regard
30th June 2012, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

i dont know anythin about ca but i want to become a ca?how?
27th August 2012, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

i have got 53.7% in BCOM can i go for ipcc
28th August 2012, 06:21 PM
komal Toksiya

Helo Sir,

I have completed my graduation in 2011, s\can i directly appear for ipcc or whether i should write CPT.
13th September 2012, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

I have completed ty.bms with 57% am i elegible for diect admission for ipcc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?