16th May 2010, 12:12 PM
Prikshit.Yadav

Eligibility for CAT after doing under graduation from USA or Any Foreign Country?

i have done my undergrad in USA and i wanted to appear for the CAT Entrance exam this year, so wanted to know i'm i eligible or not , if not the what i need to do to be one.

Last edited by Prikshit.Yadav; 28th June 2010 at 11:21 PM.
17th May 2010, 08:41 PM
sanjusays

Default Re: Eligibility for CAT after doing under graduation from USA or Any Foreign Country?

are you an indian national or a foreign national?if foreign national then you can take gmat and apply to iim's via gmat score...else you need to take cat...
20th May 2010, 09:34 AM
Prikshit.Yadav

Default Re: Eligibility for CAT after doing under graduation from USA or Any Foreign Country?

i am indian by origian ... i dont have a foreign citizenship ... , so for giving cat ... there wont be any issues about my BS degree from states ... and i can appear in the exam like any other .. candidate.
12th June 2010, 12:10 AM
Bella
Senior Member++++

the eligibility is
The candidate must hold a Bachelor's Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA)categories], awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.

this means ..since you have dont have a degree from indian government you wont be able to appear for the exam.
3rd July 2010, 05:29 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

as a nri candidate,you can apply.
minimum 60% in graduation.
see at iim sites
11th July 2010, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

cat is for becoming what?
11th July 2010, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

hey can a engineer student give CAT exam while he is pursuning in 3rd year ?
19th July 2010, 11:11 AM
NISAMTI

CAT-it is the entrance exam for studying MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION(MBA).it is the open competition..it need an experience of work.it is very tough competition
19th July 2010, 11:14 AM
NISAMTI

the persons who completed their bachelor's degree are eligle for this CAT exam..this exam is to study MBA in B-schools.these b-schools i.e;business schools of management sciences give a precious course..according to me,our Indian prime minister once participated is a session to clear their doubts regardind the Indian economy..so,by this,you can the students of B-schools are ruling..
19th July 2010, 11:18 AM
NISAMTI

yes.offcourse,an engineering student can give his CAT exam..there will be limited time for joining in the college..By following the instructions of the college..you must the rules and regulations of that particular college.because,there limited time differs from college to college.
25th July 2010, 08:42 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
as you want to know about the the information about the Eligibility for CAT after doing under graduation from USA or Any Foreign Country So it will be available on the given websites,it is not tough from the given websites,www.successcds.com
www.indiastudycircle.com, I am given only those websites names from where it will be easy to get the Eligibility for CAT after doing under graduation from USA or Any Foreign Country,So do not worry,just visits the given websites,and concentrates on your exams,and try to qualified in the exam so be ready for sure selection in the examination .
28th July 2010, 05:06 PM
NISAMTI

hi friend,after undergraduation,you must have your bachelor's degeree also..and you must have some work experience regardin this CAT..Good luck
3rd August 2010, 08:03 AM
Unregistered

IN DEGREE HOW MUCH PERCENTAGE IS MINIMUM REQUIRED TO WRITE CAT EXAM
22nd August 2010, 05:31 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
generally the eligibility for CAT is 50% in graduation if you have done your graduation from India.the eligibility criteria is same if you have done your graduation from any other country.
Wish You All The Best!
26th March 2011, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum percentage of marks to be scored in 10th,12th and during graduation(btech) especially during college studies to attempt cat exam and enter iim(if there is an arrear whether it will be neglected) i need a complete information
13th June 2011, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

i m a foreign student studng in india.m i eligible to gve cat?
18th August 2011, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

i hve complete my bachelor degree with 48% and pursuing mcom.So how much % required in my postgraduation to be eligible for cat.
4th October 2011, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

one prob...when i am entering my collage as any other i dont get USA states nor collages as an option so wht shall i do
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?