24th December 2016, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria, physical fitness and educational qualification for a girl to apply for Air Force?

Hello sir, I am a girl student and want to get job in Indian Air Force. What is the eligibility criteria and educational qualification for it? Physical fitness for girl?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What are physical, medical and educational qualification a girl should possess to become a Wing Commander in Indian Air Force?
  3. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy if got 47% in 12th with Science (PCM)? What is the eligibility criteria and physical fitness required for a girl?
  4. Information about X and Y group in Airforce branch
  5. What is the procedure, eligibility criteria, educational qualification and physical fitness to join Indian Army GD? Which type of relaxation present there?
  6. What is the physical fitness required for girls to join IAM, Air Force and Naval Academy
  7. Eligibility criteria and educational qualification needed to take admission in 11th standard of Army School? Will I have to pass physical test?
  8. What is the criteria for glass user in Rajasthan Sub Inspector post? Eligibility criteria and physical fitness required for it? -- [New]
  9. Eligibility criteria and physical fitness to apply for Indian Army Clerk job?
  10. Am I eligible for GR 1 and II? I have passed Hindi
  11. Can I become a Fighter Pilot in Indian Air Force? Information about Physical eligibility and exam pattern?
  12. What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for Indian Air Force?
  13. Educational qualification, physical fitness and age required to apply for Assam Civil Services Exam?
  14. What can I do to join Indian Air Force after 10th being girl?
  15. Eligibility criteria to take admission in Indian Air Force for a girl? Procedure to take admission?
  16. Eligibility criteria to join Armed forces after graduation in commerce?
  17. Can I join the Indian Air Force after completing class 10th? What is the eligibility criteria required for applying?
  18. How can a girl candidate join CDS at 17 years age?
25th December 2016, 07:58 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria, physical fitness and educational qualification for a girl to apply for Air Force?

AFCAT-- Air force Common Admission Test

AFCAT exam is conducted by Indian Air force in every year to choose eligible
canddate for Indian Air force. Their are three branch in Indian Air force.

Eligibility-->

Flying Branch-

Candidates must have complete graduate degree with minimum 60% aggregate marks of a recognized university. Age should be minimum 19 year and maximum 25 years.

Technical Branch-

Candidates must be complete Aeronautical Engineering in Mechanical Engineering OR Electronics Engineering with minimum 60% aggregate marks from any recognized university. Age should be between 18 to 28 years.

Ground Duty Branch-

Candidates must have bachelor's degree or post graduate degree with minimum 60% aggregate marks from any recognized university. Age should be between 20 to 27 years.

Eye sight must be 6/6 for both men and women for all three Branches .
25th December 2016, 10:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria, physical fitness and educational qualification for a girl to apply for Air Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am a girl student and want to get job in Indian Air Force. What is the eligibility criteria and educational qualification for it? Physical fitness for girl?
This entarnce exam is conducted bu UPSC through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Air Force Academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized University.

Age Criteria:-

Air Force Academy: - 19 to 23 years

Physical fitness criteria:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
26th December 2016, 12:37 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

A girl candidate can join Indian Air Force through the AFCAT only as girls are not allowed to sit for NDA exam.

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test .

One can apply for Technical Branch,Flying branch and Ground duty branch of Indian Air Force through AFCAT exam .

Eligibility criteria required for AFCAT exam are as under :-

Flying branch :

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 - 24 years .

-The candidate should have passed Graduation in any discipline with at least 60% marks from a recognized university .

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics .

-The candidate should have passed Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT).

Physical standards :

Height : 162.5cms for both men and women with correlated weight

Eyesight : 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in another.

Technical Branch:

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 - 26 years .

-The candidate should have passed Bachelor of Engineering with at least 60% marks from a recognized university .

Physical standards :

Height :

For Men : 157.5 cms

For Women : 152 cms

Ground duty branch :

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 - 26 years .

-The candidate should have passed Post Graduation degree in any stream with at least 50% marks from a recognized university . .

Physical standards :

Height :

For Men : 157.5 cms

For Women : 152 cms

Selection procedure :

Screening Test

Psychological Test ,

Group discussion & Interview .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?