21st March 2015, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer? I am going in class 11th

How to become an ias officer . I am going in class 11 and i will take commerce subject. I want to know role of commerce in ias exams.

23rd March 2015, 02:04 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer? I am going in class 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to become an ias officer . I am going in class 11 and i will take commerce subject. I want to know role of commerce in ias exams.
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. If you want to become an IAS officer then, you should have to apply for the Civil Service Examination. This exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year.

Candidates who have completed their bachelor degree in any discipline from the recognized university are eligible to sit for this exam. However, those who are pursuing in their final year degree course are also eligible for this test.

As you have mentioned that you are in your 11th class right now, then don't worry about your stream (Discipline) because candidates with graduate degree from any stream are eligible to apply for IAS exam.

Age Limit:
  • Minimum age should be at least 21 years.
  • Maximum age should not exist 30 years for general category candidates.
  • Maximum age for OBC category candidates should not exist 33 years.
  • Upper age for SC/ST category should not exist 35 years.
  • And for PWD category candidates it should not exist 40 years.
Maximum Attempt Limit:
  • For General category ~ 4 times.
  • For OBC category ~ 7 times.
  • For SC/ST ~ No limit.
24th March 2015, 12:23 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
24th March 2015, 08:34 AM
violent viper

Quote:

To become IAS officer, you need to crack civil service exam conducted by UPSC.

There are three levels in UPSC exam say,

>>CSAT
>>Mains
>>Final

To apply for CSAT, You must be a graduate from recognized Indian institution.

Age Limit for CSAT:

Minimum age should be at least 21 years.
Maximum age should not exist 30 years for general category candidates.
Maximum age for OBC category candidates should not exist 33 years.
Upper age for SC/ST category should not exist 35 years.
And for PWD category candidates it should not exist 40 years.

Maximum Attempt Limit for UPSC exam:

For General category - 4 times.
For OBC category - 7 times.
For SC/ST - No limit.

You can prepare yourself for Civil services after completing graduation or during your graduation.

For more details: - www.upsc.gov.in
24th March 2015, 05:04 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

First of all you need to know about the eligibility criteria for the IAS exam. This will clear most of your doubts.

1) Graduate.
2) Minimum age should be at least 21 years.

Now since you are in 11t standard so you have to first clear your intermediate and then have to do graduation in any of the discipline, then only you will be eligible to apply for the examination.

So you have a sufficient amount of time for your preparation.
For now, my advise would be that, you stay up to date with the social events and make an habit of reading newspapers and news. Discuss different sort of facts with your friends, this will help you to retain what you have read.

So, first focus on your intermediate and along with this stay connected to the world. This will help you when you later when you start your preparation after graduation for the exam.
26th March 2015, 05:54 PM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.
IAS is one of the most respectable job in Indian Society. Candidate who want to be IAS have to apply for Civil Service Exam. Civil Service Exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Service Exam :

To apply for Civil Service Exam candidate have to first complete his graduation degree from any recognised university in any discipline.

Age Limit : Age of candidate must be from 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation is also provided as per goverment norms. Age relaxation is provided as follows :

For OBC Candidate : 3 years
For SC/ST Candidates : 5 years

Nationality : Candidate must be citizen of India.

Selection Procedure :
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Examination
  • Interview

Preliminary Exam consists of two papers, one is general studies and second is optional subject.
General Studies paper consists of 150 marks and optional subject consists of 300 marks.

Candidate can opt from the following subjects : Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Civil , ngineering, Commerce, Economics, Geography, Geology, Indian History, Law, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, , Medical Science, hilosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Electrical, Engineering, Sociology, Statistics, Zoology

Main Examination consists of nine papers. All paper is of 3 hours. It consists of following papers :
  • One Indian Language of 300 marks
  • English of 300 marks
  • General Essay of 300 marks
  • General Studies of 300 marks
  • Any two optional papers of 300 marks each

Candidate who passed Main exam will be called for Interview.

For more details just go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
26th March 2015, 09:43 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

For apply IAS exam first you have completed Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

Because the minimum Education qualification is Graduation degree for apply Civil Services exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC under Civil Services exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Candidate should be completed Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

Age should be between 21 years to 30 years for General category candidates.

Age relaxation for OBC category candidates 3 years

And SC/ST category candidates 5 years.

Number of Attempts:-

General category candidates - 4 time

OBC category Candidates - 7 time

SC/ST category candidates - No limit.

So, first you have completed Graduation degree after that you are eligible to apply Civil Services exam.
26th March 2015, 09:48 PM
er.animesh6
Member+

Hi Guest,

First If you want to become an IAS officer then you have to first complete you graduation.

ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION FOR MBA:

* Candidate who have completed graduation in any discipline can appear for IAS exmination.

* Canddates who are in final year of graduation can also apply for IAS examination.

AGE QUALIFICATION:

* For general candidate age limit is in between 21 to 30 years.for OBC upper limit is 33 years,for SC/ST 35 years.

CITIZENSHIP:

* Only Indians can appear for IAS exam.

ATTEMPTS:

* General candidate can attempt atmost 3 times.OBC can attempt 5 times.But no such rules for SC/ST.

SELECTION PROESS:

--> Written Test.

--> Personal Interview.

--> Medical Test.

To know about examination updates regarding IAS you can visit www.upsc.gov.in website.

Good Luck.
27th March 2015, 01:06 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Becoming an IAS officer is a great decision of serving the country and to join in the post you would need to follow the procedure. Procedure involves writing the IAS exam known as one of the Civil service exams in India being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

To apply for the IAS exam you need to satisfy eligibility standards which includes:
  • Nationality
  • Age Limit
  • Education qualification

>> The Nationality standard states that the candidate should have a Citizenship in India.

>> The age limit needed is that for general category candidate it is 21-30 years.

>> There is certain relaxation which is allowed for other category candidates. For SC/ST 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years

>> Educational qualification needed to apply for the IAS exam is that candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university and it can be from any stream of education.

Selection Process:
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

You are just going to 11th standard, and there is a long way to go. So, it is better that you concentrate on your studies and finish your graduation to apply for IAS exam to join in as an IAS officer.

Reference Books For IAS:

General Studies:
  • Indian Polity - Constitution of India by Bakshi
  • Indian Economy - 11th & 12th Books, Pratiyogita Darpan

Indian History & Culture:
  • NCERT - Ancient India, Medieval India, Modern India
  • Bipin Chandra - Modern India

Geography:
  • NCERT : Physical Geography of India for X - XII Std
  • General Principles of World Geography by Charles Farro
  • Economic and Commercial Geography of India by Sharma & Cotinho

Indian Economy:
  • Indian Economy - Mishra & Puri or Dutt & Sundaram

For more info regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?