26th July 2013, 12:08 AM
christuto

How can I join banking sector instead of engineering job?

What should be the answer if a Mechanical Engineer is asked why he wants to join the banking sector instead of Engineering jobs?

26th July 2013, 08:42 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join banking sector instead of engineering job?

If you want banking job then apply for the Bank PO entrance exam by the Institute of Banking Personnel Services. The exam is conducted for 19 government banks and could be your ticket to banking sector.

You need to have completed the Engineering degree. If you are still in final year then wait till you have completed the course. After completing graduation you will become eligible for the IBPS Bank PO.

IBPS Bank PO Eligibility

1. You should have completed graduation.

2. Minimum of 60 percent marks in it.

3. Must have certificate in Computer operating skills.

4. If don't have certificate/diploma then Computer Science should be subject in 12th or graduation.

5. Your age should be between 20 to 28 years.

6. Upper age relaxation is 3 years for OBC.

7. Same is 5 years for SC/ST.

8. For PWD the relaxation is 10 years.

If you are not meeting the percentage criteria then appear for the SBI Bank PO. Rest of the criteria will remain the case only there is no percentage criteira. State Bank of India removed this requirement in 2013.

However if you want better jobs in banking sector then I will suggest you to complete Master of Business Administration after completing graduation. The MBA is 2 years post graduation course and you should complete it in Finance or Banking to get good jobs in banking sector.

To apply for MBA you must appear for entranc exam. In my opinion Common Admission Test is the best option. It is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management, the best business schools in India.

Although the CAT score is accepted by several other colleges in India. To apply for Common Admission Test, you should meet the following criteria.

CAT Eligibility

1. A bachelor's degree in any discipline.

2. 50 percent marks in it.

3. SC/ST will need 45 percent marks.
27th July 2013, 12:26 AM
kkaran.khatri

Quote:
Originally Posted by christuto View Post
What should be the answer if a Mechanical Engineer is asked why he wants to join the banking sector instead of Engineering jobs?
hi
There are many reasons for choosing banking sector instead of engineering jobs few are
1 It is a very versatile sector because you are direct interact with customer.
2 It will give you a good reputation in society.
3 Banks provide you a very good chance of earn by salary package.
27th July 2013, 01:14 AM
anuragkumarjeemains

Quote:
Originally Posted by christuto View Post
Start reading Pratiyogita darpan,Upkaar books and Kiran prakashan books.Join any bank and SSC coaching institution immediately.Always do practice.the main thing in preparation of bank exam is to do a lot of practice in reasoning,Maths and GK.Power in marketing and English is more countable.Try to escape idol times and chats and do practice only.Always do rough tests in homes by taking stop watches as time limit is main thing.In these examination it is not important what you know,but it is important what you know better than others and speed is master key in these exams.
Best of luck!!!!!!!
10th April 2014, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

I have completed electrical engineering. I had got selected as po in karur vysya bank and waiting for call letter. But still i have lots and lots of confusion whether to wait and go for banking sector or to go for any engineering field job.
So please suggest some idea..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?