13th December 2012, 03:55 PM
amitbrock095

How can I take admission in IIT after completing diploma in E&TC

hi!!!
Im studied at Kkw polytechnique Nasik. after complting diploma in E&TC can I take admission IN IIT ..HOW??CRITERIA? ??

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in civil?
  2. Can I join IIT after completing my Diploma?
  3. How can I take admission in IIT after completing diploma in E&TC
  4. How to get admission in IIT program after completing diploma in chemical engineering?
  5. How can I take admission in IIT after completing diploma in engineering?
  6. Can I get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in mechanical? I am studying diploma in governmet polytechnic Karad -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I get direct admission in IIT college after completing diploma?
  8. Can I get admission in IIT after completing diploma in Information Technology
  9. Can I get admission in IITs after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  10. How to take admission in IIT after completing diploma? I am a student of Architecture
  11. How to get admission for IIT after completing diploma in mechanical?
  12. Can I take admission in IIT after completing diploma in computer engineering
  13. Is it possible to pursue degree course in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?
  14. Diploma to degree admission in IIT is possible?
  15. Can I study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma course? Course duration of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student?
  16. Can I get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in electrical? I am studying diploma in government polytechnic
  17. Can I get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in engineering?
  18. Is it possible to get seat in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical? -- [New]
14th December 2012, 04:47 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I take admission in IIT after completing diploma in E&TC

It is not possible to take admission in Indian Institute of Technology after diploma. The only way to seek admission in IIT is after completing 12th and then apply for the entrance exam known as IIT-JEE.

In case of diploma students, they are not eligible for IIT-JEE entrance exam. The exam is conducted for 12th standard pass students, where diploma is taken after 10th. Since diploma is not considered equal to 12th, it is impossible for diploma students to appear for IIT-JEE entrance exam.

Another major drawback is that IIT does not accept any candidate through lateral entry. Through lateral entry, diploma students can get admission into the second year of B.Tech. This is simply not possible with IIT and as a matter of fact with NIT.

However you can take admission in other engineering colleges. The restrictions are only limited to IITs and NITs. Rest of the universities would not hesitate in giving you admission through lateral entry.

But you will have to follow the procedure to get admission. You must first appear for LEET entrance exam. Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET) is accepted by various universities across the country.

Clearing this exam would open door for you to take lateral entry into Engineering course. Apart from that there is a possibility of direct admission through merit. Some universities accept the candidate if he/she has scored minimum of 60 percent marks in diploma.

There are also universities who prefer to conduct their own entrance exam. Therefore while it is possible to take lateral entry admission into Engineering. Its not simply possible with to take admission in IITs or NITs.
21st July 2013, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

I am studing polytechnic mechanical engineering in final year so what i do to get admission in IIT and how many percentages required?
9th October 2014, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

can i get admission IIT college after completing diploma in e&tc ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?