15th August 2012, 02:03 AM
Unregistered

How to continue with MCA after completing B.A in open university of Mysore

I have completed BA in open university of Mysore and now i want to continue with MCA, is it possible to do??or PGDCA is needed for MCA??and what is percentage required in BA and PGDCA for MCA..plz reply

15th August 2012, 08:04 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to continue with MCA after completing B.A in open university of Mysore

You are eligible to pursue higher studies only if you have completed BA from recognised institute. You need not pursue PGDCA to pursue MCA course. You can appear for the MCA course if you have studied Maths during first year of BA and 12th standard. If you have not pursued the same then you will not be eligible even after you complete PGDCA. If you have studied these subjects then prepare and appear for the entrance exam.
15th August 2012, 07:16 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to continue with MCA after completing B.A in open university of Mysore

Getting admission for Master of Computer Applications after completing BA is possible but could be very tricky. The basic requirement to pursue MCA course is that you need to have Mathematics/Statstic as compulsary subject in either 12th standard or the graduation course which in your case is Bachelor of Arts.

Therefore only if you had Mathematics as one of the subjects in 12th, you can apply for MCA course. Else I would suggest you other options like going for MA followed by NET exam and get lecturer job in central government colleges.

MCA is purely related to computers therefore only if you have interest in computer softwares and other technology, there is a sense of taking MCA as post graduate course. MCA specialize in:

System Management

Programming Languages

Application Software

Hardware Technology

Trouble Shooting

Software Development Networking

Internet

The job options after completing MCA are plenty but only if you have scored good marks. Those who have scored around 65 percent marks can easily apply for top IT companies in India like:

TCS

Infosys

HCL

Microsoft

IBM

Google

HP

Tech Mahindra

Wipro

Eligibility

You need to complete graduation course in any stream from recognised college.

Maths/Statistic should be one of the subjects in 12th or graduation level course.

You need to secure at least 60 percent marks in graduation. However some colleges would also give admission on 50 percent marks.

Entrance Examination for MCA course:

A lot of universities in India conduct their own entrance exam for MCA admission. However there are few MCA entrance exams you should appear in:

Integrated Common Entrance Examination

National Institute of Technology Entrance Examination

All India MCA Entrance Examination

Velore Institute of Technology Entrance Examination
15th August 2012, 07:27 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..............
As you are interested to do MCA , I am providing you the details information of MCA course........

If a person has an interest in Computer Application, he can pursue an MCA (Master of Computer Applications) course. An MCA course is a postgraduate graduate course which is preferred by most students these days as it provides good job opportunities. The duration of this course is 3 years. Numerous colleges and universities provide MCA programs in India.

Various specializations are available in an MCA course. There are some specializations where a student can opt for during the final year of their MCA course, some of it are given below:
• Application Software
• Development
• Engineering
• Hardware Technology
• Internet
• Software Development Networking
• System Management
• Trouble Shooting

The general eligibility criteria for Indian students:
Candidates who have completed their BCA, BBA or B. Tech can apply for an MCA course. Candidates who have done their graduation in science can also apply for this course as these candidates must have studies Mathematics as a subject in their 10+2. There is no age limit regarding the admission to this course.

Academic Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates should have a graduation degree with more than 60 per cent marks and they need to write an entrance exam in order to get admission to an MCA course.

Top Institutions that offer MCA courses in India:
• Banaras Hindu University
• Bharathiar University - Coimbatore
• Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS)
• Delhi University
• Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
• Jawaharlal Nehru University
• MN National Institute of Technology (NIT)-Allahabad
• Vellore Institute Of Technology
• Punjab University
• Madurai Kamaraj University

Good luck............
15th August 2012, 08:04 PM
vishwasourabh

Thumbs up Re: How to continue with MCA after completing B.A in open university of Mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed BA in open university of Mysore and now i want to continue with MCA, is it possible to do??or PGDCA is needed for MCA??and what is percentage required in BA and PGDCA for MCA..plz reply
MCA ENTRANCE EXAMS - 2012 ALERTS

BS Abdur Rahman University Chennai PG Programme Admission 2012
Andhra University School of Distance Education MCA Admissions 2012
University of Mumbai MCA Correspondance Courses Admission Notice 2012
University of Mysore Admission Notification 2012
Chaudhary Devi Lal University (CDLU) Sirsa Distance Learning MCA Admissions Notice 2012
Osmania University Distance Education MCA Admissions Notice 2012
SRMSCET Bareilly Admission for NRI Mangement and Outside State 2012
North Orissa University MCA Admissions Notice 2012
Amity University MCA Admissions Notice 2012
University of Calicut MCA Admissions Notice 2012
Dibrugarh University PGDCA DCA Admissions Notice 2012
SJPMLIET Yamunanagar MCA Admissions Notice 2012
Central University Karnataka MCA Admissions Notice 2012
Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Management and Technology (GIMT) Guwahati MCA Entrance Test 2012
Kurukshetra University MCA Admission Notice 2012
Manav Rachna College of Engineering (MRCE) Faridabad MCA Admission Notice 2012
Bharathidasan University Tiruchirappalli PG Diploma and Certificate Programme Admissions 2012
YMCA University of Science and Technology (YMCAUST) Faridabad MCA Admission Notice 2012
Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) Bangalore MBA MCA M.E. M.Arch MBA 2012 (PGCET-2012)
Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya (DAV) Indore MCA Common Entrance Test 2012
Punjab University Chandigarh Admission Notice 2012-13
Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University (MDSU) Ajmer Admissions Notice 2012
University of Kashmir Distance Education PGDCA Courses Admission 2012
Punjabi University Patiala MCA Admission Notice 2012
Punjabi University Patiala Affiliated Colleges Admission Notice 2012
Federal Institute of Science and Technology (FISAT) Kerala MCA Admissions 2012
PTU Gaini Zail Singh College of Engineering Admissions Notice 2012

ALL THE BEST....
15th August 2012, 08:33 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

You can continue your MCA after YOUR B.A

Eligibility

TOP MCA COLLEGE

Govindam Business School

Pune University

Jawaharlal Nehru University - New Delhi

Hyderabad Central University
15th August 2012, 08:35 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

You can continue your MCA after YOUR B.A

Eligibility

TOP MCA COLLEGE

Govindam Business School

Pune University

Jawaharlal Nehru University - New Delhi

Hyderabad Central University
5th March 2013, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

Completed B.A Without math to take addmission MCA(distance learning) Is follishness and take your carrer a difficult situation .Because MCA Stands for math & Logic and your mind logicness after completing MCA Your carrer goes on Software field so its very difficult for a BA Gradute(Without Math) to continue his carrer in Software field..
Birupaksha Lodh MCA
15th May 2013, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

how many my score in diploma after join 3 year latral entry BE
20th May 2013, 05:29 AM
Unregistered

Hi I want know about after doing mca by open university . we are eligible for tcs,accenture,ericsson like this type companies's as a fresher for get ajo or not pls answer my question.
23rd August 2013, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam i had discontinued mca in anna university due to health problems in 2013.can i join for the same course in madras university in regular this year after writing tancet in 2014?
5th October 2014, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

I have done my graduation(B.A) with 47% marks & 12th with mathmatics but I m interested to do MCA. How can go for MCA even part time also.Is it possible I can do MCA (IT field) alongwith my job. plz tell me whatever good for me.
E mail - [email protected]
23rd October 2015, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

I have already completed B.A with 65% mark. But in 2 i have the subjet economics. So can i do MCA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?