12th February 2011, 08:07 PM
mukeshpp

How to prepare for IPS exam? Date of IPS exam?

what all i need to prepare for ips exam .
when ips exams are conducted

24th February 2011, 10:23 AM

Default Re: How to prepare for IPS exam? Date of IPS exam?

hi,
i am attachind some details regarding IPS Exam

IPS Syllabus for Preliminary Examination

This is the first stage of the recruitment process. This stage has two papers:

Paper 1

General Studies: For this exam you will have must study current events, Indian history of India, global and Indian geography, Indian economics and polity. This paper will require you have an understanding of normal day to day issues. You are not expected to have specialized knowledge on any subject, but a common understanding is necessary. You must know current national and international events and have detailed knowledge of history of Indian political system, society and economy.

Paper 2

Optional Subject: For this exam, each candidate has to choose one subject from a wide list and prepare for it. This optional subject depends on the type of job that he or she wants to take as an IAS officer. One can choose anything from animal husbandry to philosophy, from law to political science. There are about 23 different subjects from which the candidates can choose their favourite subject. The syllabus to each of these subjects is very diverse.

Here is a list of all the optional subjects:

Psychology
Agriculture
Botany
Commerce
Economics
Geography
Indian History
Law
Civil Engineering
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Electrical Engineering
Political Science
Geology
Public Administration
Sociology
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Chemistry
Statistics

IPS Syllabus for Main Examination

Modern Indian Language Exam: For the Modern Indian Language test, the candidate will have to choose one out of 22 scheduled languages. The test will include comprehension, usage and vocabulary, précis writing, translation, and a short essay. This paper will be up to matriculation level of the chosen language.

Following is the list of languages that can be studied for this exam:

Hindi
Sanskrit
Urdu
English
Russian
Chinese
German
Persian
French
Nepali
Arabic
Gujarati
Marathi
Kashmiri
Bengali
Punjabi
Assamese
Dogri
Manipuri
Santali
Konkani
Pali
Bodo
Sindhi
Telugu
Oriya
Kannada
Malayalam
Tamil
Maithili

Paper 2

General English: This paper is to test the student's English skills. The candidates must have ability to understand complicated prose and express their ideas in clear and grammatically correct manner. This test will include comprehension, usage and vocabulary, précis writing, and a short essay in English. This paper will be up to matriculation level standard of English.

Paper 3

Essay: Candidates are required to write an essay on any given topic. The candidates will be given a number of topics to choose. Candidates are required to practice writing comprehensive, factually correct and relevant essays. The candidate must maintain regular flow in the tone of the essay and ensure that it doesn’t have any grammatical or spelling mistakes.

Paper 4

General Studies I: Candidates need to study about history and culture of India culture, Indian geography, constitution, polity, current issues and social relevance topics.

Paper 5

General Studies II: This exam is to test the general knowledge and awareness of the candidates. It will include questions about

India and the World: This will test your knowledge about India in context of the entire world. You must study about foreign affairs related to our neighbouring countries and South East Asia region. Matters related to country’s security and defence, nuclear policy and the contribution of Indians around the world.
India’s Economic Interaction with the World: Study about India’s foreign trade, policies relating to foreign investment, countries economy and issues related to fuel and energy. The candidate must also have knowledge about WTO, IMF, WIPO, World Bank etc.
Developments in the Field of Science & Technology, IT and space: The candidate should gain knowledge about issues related to science, technology, IT, space, nanotechnology, biotechnology etc.
International Affairs and International Institutions: The candidate must have a firm knowledge about these.
Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams: The candidate should have the skills to read and understand graphs, statistics and diagrams. He should be able draw conclusion from them.

Paper 6 and 7

Optional Subjects- These two exams test candidate’s aptitude towards the first optional subject chosen by him. Candidates have to choose an optional subject. The choice of subject depends on the type of job they are applying for.

Paper 8 and 9

Optional Subjects- These two exams test candidate’s aptitude towards the second optional subject chosen by him. Candidates have to choose an optional subject. The choice of subject depends on the type of job they are applying for.

IPS Interview

After clearing all the exams, the successful candidates are called for an interview. This interview assesses the personality, physical capability (if required) and mental strength of the candidates. The candidates must possess the right confidence, mindset and mental attentiveness to succeed in this exam.

The interviewer might ask you the following type of questions:

Meaning of your name or about a famous person who has the same name as you
About your choice of career
Recent current topics
How do you plan to perform your duty
About your academic record
Hypothetical questions
After a candidate is declared successful in the written exam, he has to undergo training at the Civil services academy at Dehradun, Mussorie. The police service requires tough training.

In order to complete the training successfully, you will have to fulfill the following requirements:

A weekly run of 10 kilometres in 60 minutes.
Route march of 25 k.m.
Horse riding, rock climbing, assault courses,
PT obstacles,
Rope climbing etc.
The services are later divided in technical and non technical categories. The standards for technical courses are more demanding.

So, make sure that you study hard and prepare for each of these stages. Remember, nothing in life is impossible if you work hard for it.

BEST OF LUCK
24th February 2011, 12:02 PM
manish2588

well if you are talking of IPS(indian police services) the for this exams are conducted by
UPSC jointly for IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS,IRtS etc.
for this you need a complete information which you can get from
www.upsc.gov.in
24th February 2011, 02:35 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

For preparation information:
You should focus on mainly NCERT books for history,geography,economics etc.For aptitude test you can follow RS AGGRAWAL's book.For general study focus on daily newspapers. india today,yojna etc.

For more Details check Employment News or visit www.upsc.gov.in

Eligibility conditions
Age limits: Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on 1st August, 2011
The upper age limit is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC and certain other categories of candidates to the extent specified in the notice
Educational qualifications: Degree of a recognized university or an equivalent qualification
Physical standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to the regulations given in the appendix-III of rules for the civil services examination, 2011 published in the gazette of India extraordinary dated 19th February, 2011
Number of attempts: The maximum number of attempts permissible to different categories of aspirants, who are otherwise eligible, will be as follows
General category (04); P.H. candidates belonging to general category (07); OBC (07); SC/ST/ (no limit)
How to apply: Candidates may apply online using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website
Candidates may also apply off-line in the common application form devised by the commission for its examinations which can be purchased from the designated head post offices/post offices (specified in appendix III of the notice published in employment news dated 19.02.2011) throughout the country against cash payment of Rs 30/- (Rs thirty) only. Each such form can be used only once and only for one examination
In case of any difficulty in obtaining application forms from the designated HPOs/POs, the candidates should immediately contact the concerned post master or UPSC’s forms supply monitoring cell over Tele 011-23389366/Fax 011-23387310
Address and last date for receipt of applications
Online: The online applications can be filled up to 21st March, 2011 till 11.59 p.m. after which the link will be disabled
The candidates are strongly advised to apply online well in time without waiting for last date for submission of online application
Off-line: All off-line applications must reach the controller of examinations, Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahajahan road, New Delhi-110069 either by hand or by post/speed post or by courier on or before the 21st March, 2011
However, in respect of candidates residing abroad or in certain remote localities specified in the notice the last date for receipt of applications by post/speed post only (not by hand or by courier) is 28th March, 2011

24th February 2011, 08:05 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

How to prepare for IPS exam? Date of IPS exam?

If You Are Interested To Prepare For Civil Services Examination, Then I will Suggest You Just Prepare for This Exams, According to the Pattern. To Crack The IPS examination, You Need Lots of Practice And Hard Work, It is Not the Exams, That You will Be Crack In One Day Prepration, It Requires 1 Year Hard Work.

The Exams Are Consist Of - Preliminary And Main Exams.

And The Preliminary Examination Would Consist of two Papers -

- Paper I

- Paper II

So, I Will Suggest You Just Prepare for Civil Service Exams According to The Syllabus, If You Will Study According to The Pattern And Syllabus, Then Definitely You Will be Able to Crack the IPS Examination.

And If You Really Intrested to Prepare for This Exams, And Need the Syllabus, Then I will Suggest You Just Download the Syllabus From the Below Attach Files -

Important Dates -

The Notification Was Declared in 19/Feb/2011 And It Was Availiable in the Official Websites of UPSC.

And Last Date of Recipt Of Application Was 21/March/2011

And the Exam Was Held on 12/June/2011.

For Complete Information Regarding IPS Examination, Please Read the Given Notifiction OR Visit the Official Websites -

http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/exams.htm
Attached Files
File Type: docx Syllabus of IPS.docx(12.6 KB, 195 views)
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 154 views)
24th February 2011, 11:26 PM
omprakash sharma

Hi,
if you are interested in IPS(indian police service) you can hard working for prepare this exam. and you can see 5 year old papers.
if you want to select in this sector you can be hard study.

Important Dates -

The Notification Was Declared in 19/Feb/2011 And It Was Availiable in the Official Websites of UPSC.

And Last Date of Recipt Of Application Was 21/March/2011

And the Exam Was Held on 12/June/2011.

For Complete Information Regarding IPS Examination, Please Read the Given Notifiction OR Visit the Official Websites -

http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/exams.htm
25th February 2011, 01:42 AM
wagle
Senior Member+

hey,
some details regarding IPS Exam are given below:-

Information:-
i will give advsie for this exam if you are Prepare For Civil Services Examination,for this you have to done lot of study and pratic for fiting these exam.

cnsists of two thing:- Preliminary And Main Exams.

Preliminary Examination Would Consist of two Papers:-

Paper I :-General Studies: current events, Indian history of India, global and Indian geography

Paper II :-Optional Subject:each candidate has to choose one subject from a wide list, 23 different subjects are consider from animal husbandry to philosophy, from law to political science.

*************IPS Syllabus for Main Examination*************

in this section cadidates knows about some language can be studied for this exam:

Hindi Sanskrit Urdu English Russian Chinese German Persian French Nepali Arabic

some test are also given by person

General English,Essay,General Studies 1 ,General Studies II:
25th February 2011, 01:43 AM
wagle
Senior Member+

hey,
some details regarding IPS Exam are given below:-

Information:-
i will give advsie for this exam if you are Prepare For Civil Services Examination,for this you have to done lot of study and pratic for fiting these exam.

cnsists of two thing:- Preliminary And Main Exams.

Preliminary Examination Would Consist of two Papers:-

Paper I :-General Studies: current events, Indian history of India, global and Indian geography

Paper II :-Optional Subject:each candidate has to choose one subject from a wide list, 23 different subjects are consider from animal husbandry to philosophy, from law to political science.

*************IPS Syllabus for Main Examination*************

in this section cadidates knows about some language can be studied for this exam:

Hindi Sanskrit Urdu English Russian Chinese German Persian French Nepali Arabic

some test are also given by person

General English,Essay,General Studies 1 ,General Studies II:

good luck
25th February 2011, 08:56 PM
xavi

hi

AIIMS MBBS 2011 IMPORTANT DATES
1. Applying Online Application on www.aiimsexams.org …………. 15.02.2011 to 15.03.2011
2. Off-line sale of prospectus-cum-application forms: by post 15th February, 2011 to 10th March, 2011; by hand 15th February, 2011 to 15th March, 2011
3 Last Date for applying On-line/ Off-line Application ... ...... ……15.03.2011
10th May 2011, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

respected sir.
m arpit srivasta from vadodara n hav given my 12th sci exam.
jst wanted to kno vt i hav to do now for this xamination...??
please let me know as soon as possible.!
24th June 2011, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

hi,
respected sir.
my name is harpreet sarangal from Punjab .in future i wait to become a I P S .i am doing M B A . How to prepared for this exam ?
what can i do sir ? plz help me ? i belong to a poor family. i can i will sir .plz suggest me what can i do?
12th July 2011, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

tell me about...........the intrviews
24th July 2011, 10:49 AM
Tribhuwankumar1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshpp View Post
what all i need to prepare for ips exam .
when ips exams are conducted
FOR IPS EXAM YOU NEED TO HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT AFFAIRS AND GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

IN MAINS YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE OPTIONAL SUBJECTS FROM THE LIST OF THE SUBJECTS PROVIDED

FOR MORE DETAILS OF THE EXAMS AND DATE OF THE EXAM VISIT THE WEBSITE
www.upsc.gov.in
31st January 2012, 12:03 AM
despire007

well if you are talking of IPS(indian police services) the for this exams are conducted by
UPSC jointly for IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS,IRtS etc.
for this you need a complete information which you can get from
www.upsc.gov.in
12th July 2012, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

how do we know that the date of exams n filling of forms?
19th July 2013, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

i want to pepr ips
28th March 2016, 04:05 AM
Unregistered

Sir , I'm Rahul Kumar . so please Sir give me information for how to prepare for I P S entrance exams .
28th July 2020, 12:32 AM
deepikapandey9999

In order to crack this exam within this short period, it is better to join for some coaching classes. There will be short term coaching classes offered by reputed institutes. They will provide you specialized training to crack this exam. You should identify your weak subject areas and try to focus more on those areas. Practice is the only solution to gain success in this exam. You should refer model question papers and attend mock test so as to gain success in this exam.

Tips to crack IPS exam is as given below:

* Read NCERT BOOK 6-12
* READ NEWSPAPER like DAINIK BHASKAR, THE TRIBUN, TIMES OF INDIA
* READ MAGAZINES LIKE UPKAR, COMPETITION 100%,
* WORK CONSTANTLY
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?