20th July 2017, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

How to study Hotel Management course from top government college? How to prepare for entrance exam?

Hello sir, I am studying in 11th with Science stream and after it want to study Hotel Management course from a government college. Please tell me how to study it from top government college? How to prepare for entrance exam?

Related Questions:
  1. List of colleges available in Pune to study Hotel Management course through IIHM entrance exam?
  2. How to study Hotel Management course from top government college? How to prepare for entrance exam?
  3. Preferred books for the preparation of Hotel management entrance exams?
  4. Recommended course to become a Chef after PUC?
  5. What is procedure to get admission in Hotel Management in a Government college?
  6. How to study Bachelor of Hotel Management after 12th Commerce?
  7. In which IHMS can I get after scoring 4495 rank in NCHM JEE?
  8. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study Master of Hotel Management in IHM, Hyderabad? Total Fee expenses of this course?
  9. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study Bachelor of Hotel Management in Institute of Hotel Management, Lucknow? Detailed information about the entrance exam?
  10. Entrance exam to be answered to do Hotel Management course after passing 12th commerce?
  11. Entrance exam available to study BSc(Catering Science and Hotel Management) in Anna Science and Management College?
  12. Should I have to appear in American College Test to study MBA(Hotel Management) in US?
  13. Is Hotel Management Course from Government Colleges Not Good? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Entrance exam available to study MBA(International Hotel and Restaurant Management) in GD Goenka University? -- [New]
  15. Entrance exam available to study BSc(Hospitality and Tourism Studies) in Herbarium Institute of Hotel Management?
  16. Am I eligible to appear in Entrance Exam for study Hotel Management after completing 12th Science?
  17. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study Diploma in Hotel & Catering Management in International Institute of Hotel Management, Ahmedabad?
  18. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study Hotel Management course in Abroad?
21st July 2017, 08:44 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study Hotel Management course from top government college? How to prepare for entrance exam?

Some of top government institutes for Hotel Management includes:
  • IIHM Delhi
  • IIHM Kolkata
  • IIHM Bangalore
  • IIHM Pune
  • IIHM Jaipur
  • IIHM Ahmedabad
  • IIHM Hyderabad

For getting admission to these institutes, you will have to crack NCHM JEE Exam.

You must have passed 10+2 with any stream (say commerce/science/arts) to be eligible for this exam.

Basic Maths, GS, Quant, Reasoning questions will be asked in the exam.

To be eligible for getting admission into IIHMs, you will have to score higher marks so as to beat others and also clear the cutoff marks.

Other exams that you may give are:
  • IIHM eCHAT
  • AIMA UGAT
21st July 2017, 02:10 PM
GopinKumar

Lightbulb Re: How to study Hotel Management course from top government college? How to prepare for entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am studying in 11th with Science stream and after it want to study Hotel Management course from a government college. Please tell me how to study it from top government college? How to prepare for entrance exam?
Top universities for Hotel Management courses in India are
Institute of Hotel Management in Delhi,Mumbai, Bangalore etc
Vogue institute'
Lovely Professional university
Pearl Institute
Zee Institute etc.

The admission is possible based on your 12th score or by qualifying in the university test. Some of these universities are offering good amount of scholarship too.
21st July 2017, 07:31 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study Hotel Management course from top government college? How to prepare for entrance exam?

If you want to study Hotel Management degree quotes from a government college then you have to appear in the entrance exam known as NCHMCT. And if you're able to qualify this entrance exam with a good rank then definitely you can get government college for your degree course as per your choice.
This entrance exam can be given by any student of any stream who has completed 12th standard from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks.
21st July 2017, 07:58 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to take admission in Government College of Hotel Management:

Aspirants must have passed 10 + 2 in any discipline from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks.

Minimum age should not be less than 17 years.

Entrance exam: NCHMCT

Tips to prepare for entrance exam:

Entrance exam consists of general awareness, current affairs, General Maths. So prepared according to the syllabus. Prepare previous year question papers as much as you can. Be faithful. Make your calculations strong.
21st July 2017, 07:59 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Hotel management is one of the most sought after courses in the hospitality sector in India

Eligibility Criteria for Hotel Management Course:-

The candidate should have passed 12th or equivalent preferably above 50% marks in aggregate for seeking admission in any hotel management institute.

Admission are done on the basis of rank in the MU- OUT, NCHMCT JEE etc.

Age limit:-

22 years for general category and 25 years for SC/ST category.

However, required percentile and admission procedure various college to college

Hotel Management Entrance Exams Preparation:

There are many hotel management exam coaching institutes in Chandigarh.

To prepare students for NCHMCT entrance exam. You can take coaching in that institutes for cracking HM related written exams.
21st July 2017, 11:15 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

BHM (Bachelor of Hotel Management) is an 4 years graduation course. There are different type of Hotel management courses like B.Sc in hotel management, BBA in hotel management, BA in hotel management. Based on the course the eligibility may vary.

The basic eligibility required to study Hotel management course is the candidate should complete their 10+2 education in any stream with minimum 50% from any recognized board.
The age limit is 22 years. There is 3 years age relaxation for SC/ ST candidates.

The admission process varies from university to university.
There is an entrance exam named UGAT (Under Graduate Aptitude Test) conducted by the AIMA (All India Management Association).
The syllabus for the entrance exam is numerical ability, language and reading comprehension, logical reasoning and general knowledge.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?