4th May 2018, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

I'm form Air Force School, Bamrauli and want to become a NDA officer. Am I eligible for NDA exams?

My name is Ayush and I am living in Allahabad due to some reasons I have opted PCB without Maths in class 11th and 12th. I want to join NDA but I am in confusion that can am I eligible for NDA exams or not. Please advise on this.

15th July 2018, 02:05 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I'm form Air Force School, Bamrauli and want to become a NDA officer. Am I eligible for NDA exams?

NDA is National Defence Academy examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Yes, you are eligible to appear in examination but only eligible for recruitment in Indian Army.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear in examination.

So, you can appear in examination and after qualifying in examination will become eligible for recruitment as an officer.
15th July 2018, 06:16 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: I'm form Air Force School, Bamrauli and want to become a NDA officer. Am I eligible for NDA exams?

The acronym NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Examination conducting body: UPSC conducts this exam twice every year.

Academic qualification: PCM subjects are necessary for Air Force through NDA examination.

Age limit: 16.5 to 19.5 years.

You can not join Air Force and Navy without mathematics but can apply for NDA exam for Indian Army.
15th July 2018, 06:32 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Having opted for PCB group for your Class 11th and Class 12th academics, you are eligible to join NDA ( National Defense Academy ) for joining its Indian Army for which their is no compulsion of a particular stream of academics at class 12th academic level.

Apart from educational qualification, you need to be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years. You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement.

For more details regarding NDA entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th July 2018, 07:38 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

NDA is National Defence Academy. It is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The examination is conducted for selection in Army, Navy and Air Force.

It is mandatory to have Physics and Mathematics in std 12th for recruitment in Indian Navy and Air Force.

There is no limitation on discipline of 12th for selection in Indian Army.
15th July 2018, 09:15 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

PCB candidates are eligible to appear in NDA examination. NDA examination is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in examination is :-

Indian Army - 12th in any discipline.

Air Force, Navy - 12th in PCM.

Age limit - 16.5-19.5 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

So, you are eligible to appear in examination. Examination is conducted in two stage is Written and SSB.
15th July 2018, 11:45 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

You can join National Defence Academy but for Indian Army only.

For Navy and Indian Air force, mathematics and physics are necessary. Some other requirements are:

Age criteria: 16.5 to 19.5 years.

Only unmarried male candidates can apply for this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?