11th September 2010, 01:38 PM
pawan.bhansali

RAS exam eligibility after B.Com with 55% in Hindi Medium? Which subjects to appear for?

Respected Sir,
I have completed my B.Com with 55% in Hindi Medium. Am I eligible for RAS. If Yes then tell me from which subject I should appear in exam.

Thanks & Regards
Pawan

11th September 2010, 06:58 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: RAS exam eligibility after B.Com with 55% in Hindi Medium? Which subjects to appear for?

Hello friend,
An individual, holding a bachelor degree, in any stream, is eligible for the exam. The age limit for RAS exam is 21-30 years(for general candidates).
The compulsary paper in the preliminary exam is General Knowledge and General Science. Following is the list of optional subjects from which you can pick any one for the preliminary exam.
Agriculture, Mathematics, Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science, Mechanical Engineering, Botany, Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics, Commerce,Political Science ,Economics ,Psychology Electrical Engineering, Public Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian History, Zoology,Law, Agricultural Engineering, Mining Engineering, Crop Husbandary with Horticulture, Dairy Processsing and Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering.

Now, since you are from commerce background, you may appear for subjects like commerce and Economics. There is no restriction regarding selection of optional paper, so you can also go for other subjects, which you think, you could do well.
The compulasry papers in the Main exams are General Knowledge and General Science, General Knowledge of Rajasthan, General Hindi and General English.
Apart from these compulsary subjects, you will also have to write any two optional paper. Apart from Political Science & International Relations,Management and Commerce & Accountancy, the optional subjects are same as prescribed for the preliminary exam.
12th September 2010, 07:43 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

Default Re: RAS exam eligibility after B.Com with 55% in Hindi Medium? Which subjects to appear for?

hii..

the eligibility for RAS exam after B.Com with 55% in Hindi Medium is 50% so u got the cut..
as u r fro commerce background u may take subjects like economics and other subjects u like..

good luck..
18th September 2010, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

hindi note for indian history
21st September 2010, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

47% wala ras exam de sakta hai
27th September 2010, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

How many chance for ras exam
27th September 2010, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Can i give optional exam in English and compulsary paper in Hindi
12th October 2010, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

how many chance in ras exam are given
15th October 2010, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

s.c walo ke liye kota nhi hai kya
15th October 2010, 11:32 AM
helpmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
s.c walo ke liye kota nhi hai kya
It is the state pcs exam, so it has specific kota for all the categories as per the government norms.
So there is definately kota for sc category students.
Need not to woory.
for details log on tohttp://www.rpsc.gov.in
15th October 2010, 03:44 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

RAS exam is conducted by Rajasthan Public Service Commission(RPSC)
The selection will be done through written test
1:Prelims Exam
2:Main Exam

Preliminary exam will consist of two papers Compulsory Paper,
Optional Subjects Paper

each containing 200 marks and of 2 hours duration
Primarily exam is for qualifying only for the main exam
Optional papers are:

Agriculture,Geology,Agricultural Engineering,Home Science,Animal Husbandry & Veterinary science,

Indian History,Botany,Law,Chemistry,Mathematics,Civil

Engineering,Mechanical Engineering,Commerce,Mining Engineering,Crop

Husbandry with Horticulture,Philosophy,Computer

Engineering,Physics,Computer Science,Political Science,Dairy Processing &

Technology,Psychology,Economics,Public Administration,Electrical

Engineering,Sociology,Electronics & Telecommunication

Engineering,Statistics,Geography,Zoology

Compulsory paper will have
General Knowledge & General Science

There will be three sections A, B, and C in each paper.
All three sections are compulsory.

Section A: It will have 20 questions of 2 marks each and all questions are compulsory.Each answer should not exceed 15 words

Section B : It will have 12 questions of 5 marks each and all questions are compulsory. Each answer should not exceed 50 words

Section C : It will have 7 questions and one has to attempt five questions from them, each question is of 20 marks each and its answer should not exceed 200 words

Rajasthan GK and GS paper Pattern :

Both papers carry 100 marks each and divided into three sections A, B and C
i)Section A of 30 marks having 15 questions of 2 marks each.

ii)Section B of 40 marks having 10 questions of 4 marks each.

iii)Section C of 30 marks having 7 question and one has to attempt 5 question and each question carries 6 marks each

The General Knowledge & General Science will contain:
1:Current Affairs

2:General Science

3:Geography and Natural resources

4:Agriculture and Economic Development of India

6:History and Culture

7:Literature

8:Agriculture & Industry

9: Economic Development and Planning

For details syllabus visit:http://rpsc.gov.in/ras_exam_2010.pdf

For important dates visit:http://www.rpsc.gov.in/PN_Exam_date_RAS10.pdf

A sample paper is in attachment below:

for more details visit:www.rpsc.gov.in

Good luck.
21st October 2010, 03:58 AM
Unregistered

u said the thing ras exam only give by that student which have 50% in graduation plz clear me this point where is written that eligibility in advertisement plz reply soon

jyoti
29th October 2010, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

for applying ras post what percentage requird in graduation or percentage is not requird only passcriteria isthere.
29th October 2010, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

u said the thing ras exam only give by that student which have 50% in graduation plz clear me this point where is written that eligibility in advertisement plz reply soon
27th May 2011, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

respected sir, may i choose physics and philosophy subjects for RAS ?
28th May 2011, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

kya jin subjects se b.com keya h vahe subjects select karne jaruri h....
21st July 2011, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

I am from commerce background and now i want to prefer for ras . I want to take business management as my optioinal subject i dont want to take accountancy with it is it possible that i can only opt for BM
8th September 2011, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

what is compulsary english in sivil sarvise e.g. IAS
14th September 2011, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

hi mene b.com kiya huaa hai....meri sari padai hindi mai hui hai iss liye meri english achhi nani h...lekin mera confidence kafi achha hai.....mai job karna chahti hu.....kya koi aisa achha job hai jaha bina english ke kam ho......mai hindi mai aur koi bhi padai bahut achhe se kar sakti hu.....thanks
28th October 2011, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

hiiii sir'
i am ummed now i am i am b.com in first yrs i got 75% and i have confidece that i will complete my b.com with 75% cross
but i donot know how to appear in r.a.s. so plz give me suggesation how appear r.a.s. and what is process of r.a.s.
thank
ummed suthar
[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?