28th April 2012, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

What is better between BSc Medical Microbiology and BSc Industrial Microbiology?

i have just passed 12 and i want to know what is better either bsc medical microbio or bsc indutrial microbiology..from the point of view of career& job oppertunities

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for M.Sc(Microbiology) after B.Sc(Microbiology) and DMLT nearly 18 years ago? Subjects to be opted for M.Sc?
  2. What is better between BSc medical microbiology and BSc industrial microbiology?
  3. What is the scope of B.Sc in Microbiology? Which PG course should I do after that?
  4. Which Post graduation to do after BSc Microbiology? Medical microbiology, applied microbiology and clinical research? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which courses is best between medical microbiology or industrial microbiology?
  6. What should be the aggregate percentage in BSc Microbiology to opt for MSc in Medical Microbiology -- [New]
  7. Which course is preferred after completing B.Sc in MLT, either M.Sc(medical microbiology), M.Sc(clinical microbiology), M.Sc(microbiology)? List of universities offers these courses?
  8. List of entrance exams of medical microbiology? Names of colleges offering medical microbiology in Hyderabad?
  9. Which is the best course after BSc Microbiology?
  10. Can I get medical microbiology in MSc after studying BSc?
  11. After completing BSc MLT with 63% from Janardhan Rai Nagar Vidyapeeth Deemed University can I do MSc Medical Microbiology/Clinical Microbiology?
  12. Should i take Microbiology or both Microbiology and Biochemistry in BSc?
  13. Which are the BSc Microbiology colleges in Hyderabad?
  14. Can I do MSc in medical microbiology or Ph.D in medical microbiology?
  15. How to do MSc Medical Microbiology or Agriculture Microbiology from well reputed college? I have passed BSc Microbiology with 70% marks
  16. List of the colleges for MSc medical microbiology? Is there any scope for medical microbiology? I have completed my BSc in Medical Microbiology
  17. How to study MSc Medical Microbiology after doing final year BSc Industrial Microbiology? What is the fee structure and the entrance exam date?
  18. How to do Ph.D in Microbiology after completing MSc Microbiology?
9th August 2012, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is better between BSc Medical Microbiology and BSc Industrial Microbiology?

HI This his Tamil Arasi. S, I have completed my D.M.L.T this year & i am very much interested in pursuing B.S.C DMLT , Requesting you to kindly let me know the procedures & do the needfull.

Have a pleasant day!!!
16th December 2012, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is better between BSc Medical Microbiology and BSc Industrial Microbiology?

i am b.sc 3year student bat i am no ideas by agen stady plyis help me
21st December 2012, 05:44 PM
sagar2212

Thumbs up Re: What is better between BSc Medical Microbiology and BSc Industrial Microbiology?

Microbiology > B.Sc. - Industrial Microbiology

B Sc Industrial Microbiology stands for Bachelor of Science in Industrial Microbiology. It is basically a 3 year degree course. The minimum eligibility is Intermediate (10+2)in Science. Industrial microbiology or microbial biotechnology encompasses the use of microorganisms in the manufacture of food or industrial products. Subjects usually studied under this degree are Microbial Physiology and Biochemistry, Environmental Microbiology, Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Microorganisms, Immunology, Industrial and Food Microbiology etc

Basic Eligibility

For admission into bachelor’s degree program a student must pass higher secondary education or 10+2 with biology or mathematics as subject and minimum of 55%-60% marks from any Institute/university. The duration of the program is of 3 years.

Job Prospects

There are several job opportunities for those who want to pursue a career in microbiology. Microbiologists can find job opportunities in sectors such as government and private hospitals, food industries, research and development organizations, chemical industries and pharmaceutical industries They can also choose a career as science writer, who writes articles for professional microbiologists The salary for microbiologists differs on the factors such as qualification, experience and job profile.

Few job profiles: -

Biomedical scientists
Mycologists
Protozoologists
Biochemist
Biotechnologist
Analysts
Microbiologists
Cell Biologists
Geneticists
Immunologists
Parasitologists
Science Writer
Teachers
Virologists

Some Employment Areas: -

Laboratories
Private Hospitals
Research Organizations
Universities
Pharmaceutical Industries
Food Industry
Beverage Industry
Chemical Industries
Environmental Agencies
Agriculture Department

Pay Package: -

Those who are working in a government or private sector get handsome remuneration along with perks and other benefits which are revised time to time. Initially the salary for a fresher in this field starts from Rs12,000 to Rs20,000 per month. For professionals who are working in pharmaceutical industry or biotech labs can draw a salary in between Rs15,000 to Rs25,000 per month.

Those who have MSc or Phd degree in microbiology can get a salary ranging from Rs30,000 to Rs60,000 per month in a reputed Industries. Those who are working in teaching profession can earn a salary of Rs15,000 to Rs20,000 per month The salary gets doubled with a experience of 2-3 years. The pay scale depends on the factors such as sector/industry, profile, eligibility and experience of the candidate.

Institutes Offering B.Sc. - Industrial Microbiology

Siddhartha Institute of Paramedical Sciences - Bachelor of Science in Industrial Micro Biology

Bhilai Mahila Mahavidyalaya - Bhilainagar - Bachelor of Science in Industrial Microbiology

D. B. S. College - Bachelor of Science in Industrial Microbiology

D.A-V. College - Bachelor of Science in Industrial Microbiology

DAV College of Girls - Bachelor of Science in Industrial Microbiology

Dayanand Brajendra Swarup College - Bachelor of Science in Industrial Microbiology

Guru Nanak Khalsa College - Bachelor Of Science with Industrial Microbiology
Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya - Bachelor of Science in Industrial Microbiology

Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya's College of Science - Bachelor of Science in Industrial Microbiology

Mukand Lal National College - Bachelor of Science in Industrial Microbiology
Patna Women's College - Bachelor of Science Hons. Degree in Industrial Microbiology

University of Calicut - Bachelor of Science in Industrial Microbiology
30th December 2012, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

sir i completed my m.sc degree in general microbiology in 2012 i wants to know that there are some institute that give training for few month and offer for job after the completion of training .please give me suggestio about it . It is useful for me or neither.
26th January 2013, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

Which course is better between Microbiology and Biotechnology ? Which has good job opportunities and salaries ?
31st May 2013, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

I am pass 12th with 58% in science so i can do bsc in microbiology
4th June 2013, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

Sir pls tl me the list of colleges offering medical microbiology
7th July 2013, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

What i can do after 12th medical science.
20th December 2013, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

which 1 is the best career opt after 12th related to science(bio)
20th December 2013, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

which 1 is the best opt for career after 12th related bio? plz tell me!!!!!
30th June 2015, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

which stream should I prefer,bsc microbiology or bsc medical microbiology?
13th March 2016, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

sir i am very confused what to pursue after bsc in microbiology and from where? i am from a lower middle class family. so what are the best options after bsc in microbiology? plzz help
20th April 2016, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have done Bsc general microbiology or industry microbiology then can I do MSC medical microbiology
10th May 2017, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

I have just completed my studies in bsc medical microbiology and now I am so confused about my career that what can I do for better job in this field
17th July 2019, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my Bsc in microbiology but i want to be A pathologists what should I do?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?