28th December 2012, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

What government job can a civil engineer get? I am a final year student

Iam final year student.what are the govt jobs for civil engineers

Related Questions:
  1. What government job can a civil engineer get? I am a final year student
  2. Government jobs in West Bengal for B.Tech Civil Engineers?
  3. Criteria to be eligible for a government job? What should I do to pursue a government job after final year?
  4. Is experience candidate preferred fro government job? What is the eligibility criteria for it?
  5. Which exam I should take up being Computer engineer to get into government job?
  6. Is there any job that I can go for which is related to Civil Engineering? I am a 3rd year B.Tech Civil student
  7. How to work in NASA as a civil engineer?
  8. How can I get a government job if I am a Civil Engineer and 35 years old?
  9. What should I do to get a job in technical side? I am a final year civil engineering student
  10. Suitable job in Abroad for B.Tech Civil Engineering final year student? Detailed procedure to apply for it? -- [New]
  11. Job for girls Civil engineer which does not involves field work?
  12. Will there be any Entrance Exam for Civil Engineer to get Government Job in Tamil Nadu?
  13. What are the government jobs for civil engineers? I am a student of 3rd year Civil
  14. How to get a government job after completing of diploma? I am a final year student of diploma in electronics and telecommunication
  15. How to get a government job in any government organization after B.E Civil?
  16. How can I get a job in government sector? I am doing civil engineering
  17. What are the exams which will help to get a government job after completing civil engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. B.Tech final year is eligible for any government?
29th December 2012, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What government job can a civil engineer get? I am a final year student

I AM STUDENT OF B E FINAL YEAR IN CIVIL BRANCH . WHAT CAN I DO FOR GOVRNMENT JOB???
30th December 2012, 06:39 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What government job can a civil engineer get? I am a final year student

Civil Engineers have good scope in the government sector. You basically have two options. First one is Public Sector Undertaking and second option is Indian Engineering Service. Both options are good. Depending on your choice, pick any for your career.

Public Sector Undertaking (PSU)

PSU stands for Public Sector Undertaking that is a company in which government of India has at least 51 percent stake. A minimum requirement to keep the control over the company. At present there are more than 150 PSU in the country.

These Public sector companies conduct entrance exam to hire engineers. Some of these companies also require Civil Engineers. You need to apply for the entrance exam of the companies that are looking to hire Civil Engineers.

Eligibility

1. Candidate should be Indian citizen.

2. A Bachelor of Technology degree from any recongnized university.

3. Minimum of 60 percent marks in B.Tech.

4. There should be no pending backlogs.

5. A valid GATE score may be required to job in some PSUs.

6. Age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years.

7. The relaxation for OBC is 3 years.

8. SC/ST get 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.

List of PSU

Bridge & Roof Ltd

DMRC

VIZAG STEEL

BSNL

IOCL

HEC

MECON Ltd

SJVNL

NALCO

Indian Engineering Service (IES)

Indian Engineering Service exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. It is very prestigious entrance exam which is why thousands of engieering graduates apply for it. After clearing the exam you will be given job in various departments of the central government.

Eligibility

1. A B.Tech degree in Civil/Mechanical/Eletrical/Eletronics and Communications.

2. There is no percentage criteria.

3. Final year candidates can also apply.

4. Age limit for IES is 21 to 30 years.

5. The relaxation is 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.
31st December 2012, 02:09 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

You can give the UPSC conducted Engineering Services Exams.

Educational Qualification Required to appear in this exam is BE/BTECH PASS
Final Year student can also apply

Age should be bewteen 21 and 30 years
Also Age relaxations is given to OBC and SC/ST candidates 3 and 5 years respectively

Next UPSC Engineering Services Exams will be held from 28th june 2013 for 3 days
Notifications for this exam will come out on 16th March 2013
Last date to apply is 15th April 2013

Also you can give the GATE exams that will b eheld in the year 2014
GATE 2014 exams will be held in January 2014
Notification will come out in August 2013
GATE scores is manadatory to apply to Public Sector Companies like BHEL, GAIL, NTPC, SAIL etc
22nd June 2013, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

How much the rang of rank we have to score to the job in psu?
23rd September 2013, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

SIR I WANT TO KNOW THAT WHAT ARE THE GOVERNMENT EXAM FOR CIVIL ENGINEERS LIKE TNPSC PLEASE SEND THE ANSWER TO [email protected]
1st October 2013, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

hi this is balu i m looking for central govt job what can i do must reply
24th October 2013, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

what are exams that we need to write to get government job?
2nd December 2013, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

sir I am doing mechanical engineering final year. I don't have any idea about my jobs please help me..
11th December 2013, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

Hi. I am doing Diploma in Civil Engineering . I want to get a government job so that i am safe and secure.. but with good and reasonable salary. What exams can I write for it ? and also tell me for private sectors as well. But im more interested in government
23rd January 2014, 07:49 AM
Unregistered

A m final year civil engineering student. I need job.. Wat can I do.. plzz guide me ... ([email protected])
19th March 2014, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

I'm pursuits my last semester in civil engineering.
tell me plz how to find government job
15th July 2014, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

Government college or private college which is the best choice for engineering
27th September 2014, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

Am securing 76% of aggregate in B.E civil in the clg is affiliated to vtu up to 6th sem ,now am studying 7th sem I want a govt job .is there any govt job I will apply now.plz give information ant that.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?