10th August 2011, 11:05 AM
sweetdear

When is the right time to start preparation for CAT Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in 1st year?

respected sir/madam,
i am doing B.E. computer science, first year now.i am aspiring to crack CAT.which will be the right time for me to prepare for it? should i join any private institutions? if so, when can i join? now? or in which year of my college? and please suggest me the names of some reputed institutions....

by
an M.B.A. aspirant

14th August 2011, 09:02 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: When is the right time to start preparation for CAT Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in 1st year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdear View Post
respected sir/madam,
i am doing B.E. computer science, first year now.i am aspiring to crack CAT.which will be the right time for me to prepare for it? should i join any private institutions? if so, when can i join? now? or in which year of my college? and please suggest me the names of some reputed institutions....

by
an M.B.A. aspirant
INFORMATION ABOUT CAT EXAM

The best time for you to carry out CAT preparation is right from the first year which you are doing now... because to clear CAT exam there is lot of time and preparation needed so it will be really good if you start the preparation from now onwards...

-> You can prepare for CAT exam by your ownself if you are fair enough to study with good concentration and interest with the helps of your seniors in college or your relatives who already gave the CAT exam...

-> If you feel that you need some type of guidance to prepare for the exam then well and good you can join some private institution..

-> T.I.M.E ( Triumphant Institute of Management Education ) is one of the good institution which helps in the preparation for CAT exam...

-> To know about T.I.M.E institution online CLICK HERE!!!

-> Most of the colleges have tie-up with T.I.M.E institute for CAT preparation.. so check out if your college as it too and try to join through college so that you will get some good offer in the fees to take classes for CAT preparation...

-> To know about CAT exam and the pattern followed CLICK HERE!!!

-> I really appreciate your interest in studies from the start of your 1st year of college.. keep it up.. and prepare well for the test right from the 1st year and also concentrate well on your college subjects... am sure you will clear the exam...

-> For more details about CAT exam, you can search in our forum and also feel free to leave a post to clear your doubts...

All the Best..
14th August 2011, 09:28 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When is the right time to start preparation for CAT Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in 1st year?

hi dear..
the right time for preparing for cat exam starts from right now from your graduation level.
as you are doing engineering you start preparation from right now , you can start preparation , don't waste your time.

some of the important coaching center
T.I.M.E
A.I.M
I.A.S
etc......
get study material from them & start your study from right now

bets of luck.
16th August 2011, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: When is the right time to start preparation for CAT Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in 1st year?

I am 2nd year student and i want to know when i should preparing for CAT and whether I should select any institute or private tutor or self study
26th January 2012, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

i am in fybms nd want to know when should i start preparing for cat
18th May 2013, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

what kind of magazine is required to crack cat?
16th July 2013, 06:46 PM
megayounus786

Quote:
respected sir/madam,

by
an M.B.A. aspirant

FORMAT OF CAT

Q.1) I hear that CAT will be held online. Is that correct?

Ans. CAT is a computer-based test (CBT) and not an Internet-based test (IBT) i.e. a candidate does not take the test on an Internet site. Instead of reading the questions in a paper booklet and darkening the ovals on the answer-sheet, a candidate will read the questions on a computer terminal and choose an answer by clicking on the correct option.

Q.2) How is the computer-based format different from the paper-based format?

Ans. The format of the test is more or less the same except that a candidate reads a question on a computer terminal and clicks on the correct answer, instead of reading on a paper booklet and using a pencil to darken the ovals on an answer sheet.

Q.3) Can I take the test from any computer?

Ans. No. A candidate will have to test on a pre-assigned workstation and will not have a choice to choose his or her workstation, in the testing venue chosen by him/her during the time of registration.

Q.4) What does a CBT test looks like?

Ans. A CAT practice test is available on the website www.catiim.in for candidates to get familiarised with the functionality and navigation of the actual test.

For more details: http://www.catiim.in/
19th July 2013, 12:41 PM
megayounus786

Quote:
respected sir/madam,

by
an M.B.A. aspirant

CAT - Common Admission Test.
The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) categories], awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/ institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100. Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at the website www.catiim.in.

The CAT application data is treated as final and no change in it is permitted at a later stage. In case of detection of any variation in the data provided at the CAT stage with the actual data your candidature may be nullified.

Prospective candidates must have the following throughout the selection process.
1. CAT 2012 Voucher
2. Pay-in Slip
3. Valid and unique Email ID
4. CAT Registration Number / Testing ID (provided to you after completion of your online registration)

For more details: http://www.catiim.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?