10th August 2017, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for bank clerk exam after retiring from Army at the age of 26 years?

Sir, I am serving in Indian army. My retirement date is 26th June 2022. At retirement time my age will be 36 years. Am I eligible for bank clerk exam for after retirement. Please reply.

10th August 2017, 10:07 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for bank clerk exam after retiring from Army at the age of 26 years?

With 36 years of age after your retirement, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for this bank clerical cadre recruitment.

There is a certain age criteria that is required for Bank Clerical Cadre recruitment.

>> The minimum educational qualification required is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.

>> The minimum age required is 21 years for clerical cadre recruitment.

>> The maximum age must not exceed 30 years in order to be eligible for this recruitment.

>> There will be an age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per government norms. For SC/ ST candidates there will be an age relaxation of 5 years, so with this 36 years of age I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for bank clerical cadre recruitment.
11th August 2017, 07:28 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for bank clerk exam after retiring from Army at the age of 26 years?

First thing I would like to let you know that the age limit for recruitment as bank clerk in nationalized bank of India is 20 years to 28 years for general category candidates. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

So being 36 years old at the time of retirement you are eligible for your recruitment if you belong to category getting the facility of age relaxation such as OBC and SC/ST categories for which there is provision of age relaxation of 3 years and 5 years respectively. Also there is provision of age relaxation of 5 years for ex-servicemen which includes you too.

And hence if you belong to SC/ST category you are eligible to apply for bank clerk in 2022 at the age of 36 years as the age limit for ex servicemen candidates belonging to SC/ST category the will be 21 years to 38 years as per the current norms.

For more details regarding bank examinations for recruitment in nationalized banks you can refer to the links www.ibps.in and www.sbi.co.in.
14th August 2017, 01:21 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am serving in Indian army. My retirement date is 26th June 2022. At retirement time my age will be 36 years. Am I eligible for bank clerk exam for after retirement. Please reply.
You can apply for Bank clerk exam.

If you have completed graduation degree from recognized university then you are eligible for Bank clerk exam. Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years. Age relaxation is provided for reserved category candidate.
27th July 2020, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

I have completed BA degree from JMI 47% can I apply in SBIbank PO I'm ex service man
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?