16th June 2014, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

How can I prepare for IES exam along with job? Study materials and tips for the preparation?

Hi Friends,
After completion of my engineering i started working in one software company. Now I am planning to write IES without leaving my job because I need job safety and I required it.
Thing is I don’t know how prepare..please tell me how to prepare and if u have any materials and all then let me know so that I can collect with you..
I have 15months time to prepare, so how can I prepare..
Give me good useful tips to crack IES..
And if anyone give the refernece of IES cleared person then its too good for me
Thank you

1st September 2014, 01:40 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for IES exam along with job? Study materials and tips for the preparation?

For completely Engineering Services Examination directed study material you can refer
either MADE EASY or ACE coaching material but you will have to refer the text books
to clear your basics and make good command on theory.

The Engineering Services Examination comprises of both objective papers and
conventional subjective papers so, subject specific knowledge is mandatory.

15 months time could be more or could be less as well. It completely depends on how
well you have studied your subject papers during B.E./B.Tech. If your subject knowledge
is good then you will take less time in theory and hence more time can be given to
revision & practice.

You can download some previous year question papers from UPSC official website get a
quick idea about the pattern of questions.

The General Ability Test has two parts.
Part A
General English : Questions based on grammar, compression etc. to check general
understanding of English language.

Part B
General Studies: This contains questions from current events, History of India and
Geography etc. Reading a daily newspaper like The Hindu or TOI should be sufficient
for current events and for History and Geography, you can refer any coaching institute’s
material for ES.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?