18th February 2016, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

Qualification required to get eligible for UPSC Civil Services exam?

sir i am sandeep.my inter persentage 56. am i eligible to upsc civils exam..?

20th February 2016, 09:45 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualification required to get eligible for UPSC Civil Services exam?

The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services examinations is completion of Graduation or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. Eligibility criteria required to appear in UPSC Civil Services examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must be in between 21-32 years of age. Upper age relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates is applicable as per government rules.

3. You must have obtained Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

4. You must be physically fit as per physical standard mentioned in the UPSC Civil Service examination notification.

So, if you have completed your Graduation from a recognised university, by satisfying the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you are eligible to appear in UPSC Civil Services examination.
20th February 2016, 10:35 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualification required to get eligible for UPSC Civil Services exam?

Educational Qualification Required for UPSC Civil Services Examination:

See, you are actually referring about percentage secured in Higher secondary (Intermediate). Remember, the percentage scored in Intermediate is no where asked and even not in Graduation. So, the basic eligibility criteria required is "Bachelor Degree" PASS. So I request you to notice the word PASS (Qualify) in Bachelor Degree. If you have not passed or completed Graduation, in that case you are not eligible. On the other hand, if you have successfully passed Graduate Degree then I am sure you are eligible to apply for Civil Services Preliminary and Main Examinations which are conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The minimum educational qualification required is "Degree" of a recognized university or its equivalent. Candidates appearing in the requisite Degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in UPSC Civil Services Examination.
21st February 2016, 08:15 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i am sandeep.my inter persentage 56. am i eligible to upsc civils exam..?
If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Civil service exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 7
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

Books for Civil Service Examination:-

Indian Economy & Performance and Policies by Uma Kapila
India's Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra
India Since Independence by Bipin Chandra
A History of Modern World by Ranjan Chakravati
Indian Constitution by Subhash Kashyap
Indian Constitution by P.M. Bakshi
Indian and World Geography by Majid Hussain
Mc Graw Hill Education Series: Indian Polity for Civil Services Examination by M. LaxmikanthMc Graw Hill Education Series: Indian Economy for Civil Service Examination by Ramesh Singh
21st February 2016, 07:25 PM
kantraman

Actually for UPSC civil services exam one should be graduate in any stream with age limit from 21 years to 32 years sc/st/obc category are given reservation according to govt.norms.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?