15th February 2016, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

What is the age criteira for OBC students for Police Constable post?

I am Rohan and belong to OBC category. I am willing to join police force as a constable. I want to get information regarding the age criteria set for OBC students for the post of Constable in Police?

15th February 2016, 09:19 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age criteira for OBC students for Police Constable post?

In government jobs OBC and SC/ST get reservation. OBC gets 2 years of age relaxation as well as 5% relaxation in marks.

Eligibility criteria are as under:-

Candidate must have passed their higher secondary education with at least 60% aggregate and it is 55% for OBC candidates.

Candidate must attain at least 18 years of age.

Candidate need to be physically fit.
15th February 2016, 10:27 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age criteira for OBC students for Police Constable post?

OBC stands for Other back ward caste , The eligibility criteria for Police constable jobs are as follows :

The candidates must have passed 10th class or 12th class or have passed equivalent examination from recognized Board.

Police constable age limit :

For General candidates: Age limit is between 18 yrs. to 22 yrs.

For FEMALE candidates: Age limit is between 18 yrs. to 25 yrs.

For SC/ ST or OBC:The minimum age limit required is 18 yrs. but the upper or maximum age limit relaxation is as per rules.

physical qualification

The various physical standards required is as follows:

HEIGHT:

The minimum height required for:

General/ SC/OBC MALE: 168 cm

General/SC/OBC FEMALE: 152 cm

The minimum chest measurement required for:

For MALE: (General/ SC/OBC): 79 cm to 84 cm

For FEMALE: General/SC/OBC/ST): Not Applicable

(The Center had given an approval to the relaxation of age for the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC ) examThe OBC candidates are allowed to attempt the exam for nine times till the age of 35 years.)*
15th February 2016, 11:28 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

It depends on the Notification released by various states by its own. And more over it is all depends on " Vacancies " in that particular state. But as per notification the upper age limit will depend.

In addition to that you will have 3 years age relaxation as per government norms. Similar to this for SC/ST candidates relaxation is about 5 years.
16th February 2016, 12:31 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for constable post in Police are as under :-

-The minimum educational qualification required for the post of constable is 10+2 in any discipline or equivalent.

-The age limit should be from 18 years to 25 years.The upper age limit is relaxed by 3 years for other backward classes and upto a maximum of 5 years for SC/ST candidates .

-The upper age limit is relaxed by three years in addition to the length of service rendered in the Army, Naval or Air Force of the Union for the candidates who served in the Army, Naval or Air Force of the Union.
16th February 2016, 12:57 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The age limit for post of constable for candidates of different category is as below:

General Category is : 18-22 years.

OBC candidates: 18-27 years.

SC/ST candidates: 18-30 years.
16th February 2016, 12:59 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The age limit for candidates of reserved category is 18-27 years for Other backward caste in case of Police constable jobs.

For general category it is 18-22 years.
10th August 2017, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

What is the age for obc candidates in up police constable vacancy 2017 tell me sir
23rd September 2017, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

What is the age for obc candidates in up police constable vacancy 2017 tell me sir
15th January 2018, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am belong obc candidate and my age is 26 year old Sir can I apply upp constable vacancy?
15th January 2018, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

What is the age for obc candidates with relaxation in up police constable vacancy 2017 tell me sir. Please sir my Dob 03/07/1992
10th February 2020, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am belong obc candidate and my date birth is 1995 can I apply constable form
Sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?