15th March 2015, 04:54 AM
Unregistered

What are the qualifications to become a Collector?

I am studying 1 yr B.Tech IT in DSECT ,mamallapuram.After finishing my UG course i will be going to aboard for finishing my PG course.I want to become a deputy collector .Is my qualification is eligible to become a collector?
what are the education qualifications to become a deputy collector?
reply me.

18th March 2015, 11:13 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the qualifications to become a Collector?

Candidates who wish to become District Collector are required to take the Civil Service Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Examination (UPSC).

This exam is carried out in 3 stages.

* Preliminary exam.
* Mains exam.
* Interview.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate must be a citizen of India.

* Candidate must possess any Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognized University.

* Candidate who are writing their final examinations are also eligible to apply.

* Candidates age should be at least 21 years when they apply.

Candidates have an option of writing the exam for 4 times (7 times for OBC candidates and no limit for SC/ ST Category).
20th March 2015, 04:22 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Dear after completion of your UG Course you can apply for the TNPSC Examination.Through this you can start you career in Service Commission in Tamilnadu as Deputy Collector And there is another option as Civil's.

Civil's is the Examination held by UPSC every year and though this you can reach your goal.But for IAS examination you have to score a good marks with ranking basis.Then you will be alloted for Job post in Probation period.

For Civil's Examination you don't require any PG Qualification.But you should have the graduation from a recognized university with any discipline.

--> Age must be in between 21 to 30 years .

--> Final year students can also be eligible for the Civil's Examination.

--> But you should submit the required certificates at the time of Interview.
21st March 2015, 09:57 AM
Creator1991
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying 1 yr B.Tech IT in DSECT ,mamallapuram.After finishing my UG course i will be going to aboard for finishing my PG course.I want to become a deputy collector .Is my qualification is eligible to become a collector?
what are the education qualifications to become a deputy collector?
reply me.
I am appreciating your spirit. Definitely I will provide you, what do you expect from our side? Qualification wise, you should have a degree. Degree in any discipline. It was not matter, which subjects your pursed in degree, but you should have completed degree is mandatory. You should have minimum 21 years of age and maximum 32 years of age. Relaxation is eligible for reserved categories.

Now coming to your question to become a collector, you need to appear for entrance examination. Whether it is TNPSC or UPSC depends upon your interest. TNPSC is state level examination and UPSC is National wide examination. You are asking deputy collector than TNPSC better option for you, but final decision is yours.
21st March 2015, 07:16 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The examination is conducted by UPSC and the students who have completed there graduation from any recogonised university and under the age of 21-30 yrs are eligible to seat for it.

The examination is conducted in three phases-

1.Preliminary
2.Mains.
3.Interview.

the candidates have to clear all the three stages and then the merit list will be created the top rankers will be given the post of IAS,IPS, IFS..... and so on in the given sequence .

This is one of the toughest examination in India and it requires hard work and dedication.
31st March 2015, 10:55 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

If you want to become a Deputy Collector then you need to know the procedure of it because state governments conduct State Service examination every year for Deputy Collector, Nayab Tehsieldar, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Commercial Tax Officer, Income Tax Officer, District Welfare Officer, District Magistrate, Divisional Magistrate, Sub Divisional Magistrate etc. posts so you should apply for your state service preliminary examination.

Prelims exam : This exam will be of qualifying nature in which you have to get enough marks to pass then only you will be eligible to appear for mains exam.

Mains exam : When you apply for mains exam, prefer Deputy Collector post at first preference and submit form then start preparation for mains exam after getting passed in prelims and you will have to give more than 10 hours a day to crack mains examination because marks secured in mains exam will be responsible for your final selection.

Interview Process : If you qualify mains test then you will be required to appear for interview test which is the last and most important stage of getting selected for the job so prepare well and get the job.

There is one more way to become Collector (not deputy collector) through UPSC IAS - Indian Administrative Service examination because candidates becomes IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS Officers through this examination which is also conducted every year by UPSC so choose your way and start preparation.
1st April 2015, 09:50 PM
Ashwakh

To become Collector , Minimum qualification is Graduation from a Recognised university .

You need to appear for the IAS exam to become Collector.
IAS - Indian Administrative Service exam , which will held by UPSC of India.

So , as you are doing B.tech , you can apply for the exam when you are in B.tech Final year and after completion of your B.tech .

So , Post graduation is not at all required for the IAS exam . Just your B.tech is enough.

To apply for the exam ,

* You shouldbe a citizen of India
* If you are from General category , then your age shouldbe in between 21-30 years only
* If you are from OBC Category , then your age shouldbe in between 21-33 years only
* If you are from either SC or ST category , then your age shouldbe in between 21-35 years.

So , decision is yours now. If you want to apply for the IAS exam after B.tech or you want to go for Abroad to complete Post graduation and then came back to India to apply for the IAS exam .

It is better to apply for the exam after your B.tech or when you arein Final year of B.tech .

Go for any Coaching centres like R.C.Reddy coaching institute in Hyderabad which is well known for Civil services exam .
3rd April 2015, 03:14 PM
amanshrivastava98

The collectors of various districts are recruited by the UPSC.

UPSC stands for the Union Public Service Commission.

For filling up the various highly reputed posts in all the government departments across the country they conduct a Civil Services Examination every year.

According to the guidelines released by the UPSC regarding the eligibility for writing the CSE are as follows :

* The minimum and maximum age criteria is 21 years minimum and 32 years maximum for a general candidate.

* The minimum educational qualification required is the candidate should be graduate under the scheme of 10+2+3 of UGC at least.

* There is no such fixed or minimum percentage criteria given by them at rhe time of graduation.

* The maximum number of attempts is 6 for a general candidate.
3rd April 2015, 03:22 PM
Member+

Dear,

The Eligibility for Collector examination:
Educational Qualification: Graduate from any stream are eligible to apply for collector post.

Age limit: your age atleast must be 21 years to maximum 30 years.

There are two round for examination: 1. Preliminary 2. Mains

Preliminary examination pattern: There are Two paper of objective types of 450 marks.
Paper I : General studies
Paper II : optional subject.

Mains paper pattern: written examination
Interview

when you are selected in interview than you are given the post of collector.

All the Best
13th July 2015, 06:01 PM
Mohit.Bansal

Yes,you are eligible to become Deputy Collector. For Deputy Collector you have to apply for Civil Service exam that is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Services Commission). UPSC is the centralised commission that conduct various exams for various government posts.

Eligibility Conditions lead by UPSC For Civil Service Exam-
1. Graduation in any stream from recognised college or university.
2. Age Limit category vice-
General Category- 21 years to 32 years
OBC Category- 21 years to 35 years
ST/ST Category- 21 years to 37 years

Limit Of Number Of Attempts-
General Category- 4 Attempts
OBC Category- 7 Attempts
ST/ST Category- No Limit

How To Apply?
You have to apply online on given link-
http://upsconline.nic.in/
14th July 2015, 03:13 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends..............

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

To became a Collector You must crack the UPSC Exam
After the completion of your B.tech Degree you can eligible for IAS exam
Dear friend for apply IAS exam the minimum Education qualification is Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC under Civil Services exam.

Eligibility criteria:-
Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
Candidate should be completed Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.
Age should be between 21 years to 30 years for General category candidates.
Age relaxation for OBC category candidates 3 years
And SC/ST category candidates 5 years.

Number of Attempts:-
General category candidates - 4 time
OBC category Candidates - 7 time
SC/ST category candidates - No limit.

Selection procedure :-
- Preliminary entrance exam
- Main entrance exam
- Interview

All the best
9th November 2016, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

NON-UGC certified student,who studying in university will become a ias officer
25th July 2017, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Can you tell me that which degrees and what subjects masters shall I do in college?
8th September 2019, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

I am studying 11th bio maths what I need to study after completing it . How should I take preparation for collector of my district
5th November 2020, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

hey im studying degree 2nd year and i wanna complete my UG and study my PG in south korea..after i came back can i write exam and wht should i choose in my PG related to collector.
Thank you in advance
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?