5th May 2020, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in JEE Advanced with 3 years gap after 12th?

Hello Sir, I have total 3 years gap after completing my 12th. I want to appear for JEE Advanced. So, with a gap of 3 years, I am eligible to appear for JEE Advanced? Kindly tell me as soon as possible.

7th May 2020, 02:42 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in JEE Advanced with 3 years gap after 12th?

•Students can attempt JEE Advanced exam for maximum two times in consecutive years.

Moreover, Candidate should be among the top 250000 in paper 1 of JEE Main to be eligible for JEE Advanced.
7th May 2020, 07:27 PM
digitalamit22

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in JEE Advanced with 3 years gap after 12th?

No, You can't. You can only appear in 2 consecutive years. After all your gap is more.
for future queries, you can check this website and resolve your queries.
8th May 2020, 12:03 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

---As per the eligibility criteria, the candidate is eligible to apply for JEE Mains and Advanced for three consecutive years.

---Age should not exceed 25 years.
8th May 2020, 12:33 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, with 3 gap years after 12th you are not eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.

JEE is conducted in two stages as Main and Advanced. Candidates passed Main are eligible for Advanced stages.

Only two attempts are eligible to appear for the Advanced stage ( year appearing for 12th and the preceding year ).
9th May 2020, 01:05 AM
Mantun Bhai

No, you are not allowed for appearing in JEE Advanced after three years of completion of your Class 12th as a candidate can appear in JEE Advanced only twice and the two attempts accounts for the attempts made in the year of their actual Class 12th board examination and the year following the same.

For more details regarding the JEE Advanced eligibility, you can refer to the link www.jeeadv.ac.in.
9th May 2020, 01:21 PM
Smart worker n
Member+

Yes you are eligible. But check your age. JEE mains and advance both have the age limit. The question may be arises during the entrance you should have a valid reason at that time. Also JEE advance gave you 2 chance to crack the exam for general category.
10th May 2020, 02:29 AM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I have total 3 years gap after completing my 12th. I want to appear for JEE Advanced. So, with a gap of 3 years, I am eligible to appear for JEE Advanced? Kindly tell me as soon as possible.
Applicants who have passed the 12th standard with subjects in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry from a recognized board are entitled to participate in the JEE examination. The maximum number of attempts permitted to appear in the JEE exam is 3 times that of three consecutive years after the completion of the 12th standard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?