11th February 2016, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for doing Ph.D course after completion PG course in English literature with 60% marks?

i am rajbir pg in english and now i am willing to do phd from a reputed university i have 1st div. in all classes what should i do to fulfil my wish and aim to be a professor of english. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D course after completion PG course in English literature with 60% marks?

11th February 2016, 07:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for doing Ph.D course after completion PG course in English literature with 60% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am rajbir pg in english and now i am willing to do phd from a reputed university i have 1st div. in all classes what should i do to fulfil my wish and aim to be a professor of english. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D course after completion PG course in English literature with 60% marks?
You have completed Ph.D course in English so you are eligible for Ph.D course. But you must qualify in UGC NET exam.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria.
11th February 2016, 11:55 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for doing Ph.D course after completion PG course in English literature with 60% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for PhD course in English after completion of M.A in English literature with 60% marks. There will be an entrance examination for the admission. The course is available in full time and part time mode. So you can apply to the college/university for PhD course. There will be an interview also before selection. The PhD in English is available in many universities in India like;
12th February 2016, 02:39 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Yes you are eligible for the course of PhD in English. You need to crack the Entrance Examinations of the Universities where you want to take admission.
Once you are able to crack these Examinations followed by a Personal Interview you will be eligible for the course of PhD.
These are the things you need to do to get admission to the course of PhD.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?