10th March 2015, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics if having 28 years of Teaching experience after Post Graduation in Mathematics?

Hello,
I am Manjunath Prasad, Associative Professor of mathematics with 28 years of teaching experience. I have 52% of marks in PG Mathematics qualified from Bangalore University. Now am I eligible to do PhD IN MATHEMATICS.

Related Questions:
  1. How to do PhD in Mathematics having 2 years teaching experience after M.Phil?
  2. How to do Ph.D in Mathematics?
  3. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  4. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after B.E.(CSE)? List of institutes which offer PhD in Mathematics?
  5. How can I go for PhD in Mathematics after 12th? Duration of course? In how many streams can I do PhD?
  6. How can I study Ph.D in Mathematics directly being a M.Sc post graduate?
  7. How may I do Ph.D course in Mathematics? I'm studing in 12th standard
  8. Am I eligible for Ph.D in Mathematics if I have Mathematics for Business as one one of the subjects in graduation?
  9. What should I do if my Maths is weak but theory subjects are good? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Am I eligible for Assistant Professor of Mathematics while doing PhD?
  11. How can I join Ph.D in Mathematics being a candidate having completed BE in Information Science and with 7 years of work experience in Software Industry?
  12. Should I have to appear in GATE(Mathematics) to study Part Time PhD(Applied Mathematics) if working in MNC after M.Tech?
  13. How to do get Ph.D degree online in Biological Mathematics after doing MSc in Applied Maths?
  14. Possibility to do PhD in Mathematics through Distance Education for M.Sc postgraduate who is teaching in a Primary School?
  15. How can I get admission to study PhD in Mathematics in any Central University after completing M.Sc(Mathematics)?
  16. Scholarship to study Post Graduation in Abroad for a candidate who is studying Mathematics in Graduation?
  17. How can I get a government job in Delhi in the field of Mathematics? Will my experience in Maths Teaching help me in any way?
  18. Am I eligible for B.Ed Exam being a B.Com Graduate having more than 20 years of experience in Teaching and with an age of 49 years?
13th March 2015, 01:08 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics if having 28 years of Teaching experience after Post Graduation in Mathematics?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue Ph.D in Mathematics, because most of the universities have not specified any minimum or maximum age limits for Ph.D admissions. So, you can get admission in Ph.D(Mathematics) course. But, the percentage requirement to apply for Ph.D admissions varies from one university to another university, as some universities are offering admissions to the candidates, who have above minimum 55% of marks in Masters degree, while some universities are offering admissions to the candidates, who above 50% of marks. So, you have to choose the universities, which are offering admissions with above 50% of marks.
13th March 2015, 05:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics if having 28 years of Teaching experience after Post Graduation in Mathematics?

The minimum requirement for getting admission in a Ph.D program is Master's Degree with at least 55% marks in relevant discipline. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category. Hence, if you belong to reserved category then you can surely apply for Ph.D admission.

Experience in Mathematics field will help you to get admission without appearing for any other entrance exam. You can easily carry on your Ph.D program along with your job. The notification for Ph.D admission is released every year and you have to keep yourself updated so that you don't miss out.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?