12th July 2015, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

Is there any possibility to do Ph.D in IIT after having 5 years of job experience?

Sir/Mam,

I have completed my b.tech in 2009 in metallurgical engineering from I.G.I.T Sarang ,orissa securing 8.04 CGPA. After that i have joined in ESSAR steel and then JSPL (both are steel plant).Now I have almost 5 years of job experience.
Now I want to join in phd programme in iit's.
Therefore is there any facilities for my interest area?
Can I eligible for doing phd course?
Please give some necessary option.

Regards
Soumyakanta Nayak

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to get admission to study PhD if completed B.E. about 18 years ago and having 5 years of worked experience?
  2. Possibility to study PhD in Chemistry for a Lecturer who has 12 years of experience?
  3. Possibility to study M.Com for 39 years old candidate who has 17 years of work experience?
  4. Procedure to apply for Ph.D course after 3 years of software industry experience?
  5. Is there any possibility to get a seat in IITs after scoring 546 in GATE with 97.70 percentile with 1863 rank? Can I get MS in IIT? Job opportunities for MS in IITs? Which is good between MS and M.Tech in IIT? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Is it good to do job, take some experience and than join PhD or direct join PhD?
  7. Is it good to do job, take some experience and than join PhD or direct join PhD?
  8. Can I get direct admission to study Integrated PhD if completed B.Sc(Nursing) and having 2 years of Surgical experience?
  9. Possibility of pursuing Ph.D Civil Engineering in Chennai for M.Tech candidate who has 3 years of work experience?
  10. Can I do PhD if completed correspondence MBA(Marketing) and having 4.6 years of work experience in Pharma sector? What should I study in PhD to get good job?
  11. How to do PhD in Mathematics having 2 years teaching experience after M.Phil?
  12. Prerequisite to do PhD in IIT? Whether IIT offer part time PhD? What about candidate self employed and want to pursue PhD in IIT?
  13. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  14. PhD scholarship in Germany based upon my qualification?
  15. Possibility to get job in Kendriya Vidyalaya School for an experienced Teacher?
  16. Jobs for PhD in Chemistry holder Married Woman aged 33 years with no experience
  17. Possibility to pursue Ph.D if completed PGD in Monitoring & Evaluation and having 10 years of work experience in Research, Monitoring and Evaluation?
  18. After MCA we should do M.Tech or PhD for better career in academic field?
13th July 2015, 02:46 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any possibility to do Ph.D in IIT after having 5 years of job experience?

In order to apply for Ph.D you need to have the following below mentioned degrees/Documents;

> PG qualification with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.

> Candidates who have got NET/SLET/JRF/GATE exam qualification will be however, entitled for direct interview without appearing for any entrance examination.

Most of the Institutes conducts their own entrance examination in order to allow admission to candidates for Ph.D course, therefore if you do not have the above mentioned examinations score, you will probably have to appear for the entrance examination of the prospective Institute.

After having scored well in your entrance examination with good marks, you will be probably called for an Interview for admission.

However, in order to get admission in IIT, it is very important to score a good rank in GATE examination.
14th July 2015, 02:47 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is there any possibility to do Ph.D in IIT after having 5 years of job experience?

Yes there is a lot scope for you in your area but you need to complete your Maters Degree at first.
Once you complete your Masters Degree you can go forward and apply for the course of PhD.
It is best for you to prepare for the GATE Examination and if you are able to get admission to IIT for your Masters Degree then there is a high chance for you get into the PhD course of IIT from there as you did your Masters from IIT.
You need to make sure that you are one of the Top Students when you do your Masters Course from IIT to get directly absorbed for the course of PhD.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?