11th June 2014, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility of M.Sc Statistics after B.Sc Mathematics?

I have completed bsc in mathematics .i want to do msc in statistics but i had statistics only in 1st year and not in 2nd.whether i am eligible for it? plz reply.

12th June 2014, 01:40 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility of M.Sc Statistics after B.Sc Mathematics?

You can take up Statistics in your post graduation even though you did not complete your graduation with Statistics. Since Statistics is a part of Mathematics and you have done your graduation in Mathematics as well as you had Statistics in your 1st year, so you can get admission in Statistics in your post graduation level.

The top institutes of the country like ISI, JNU take admission on the basis of scores obtained by the candidate in the entrance exam conducted by them. For other universities, you can get admission on the basis of marks in your graduation level.
3rd May 2017, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am studying B.Sc. in statistics and i have completed my 1st year exams. I want to know what is the eligibility criteria for taking admission in post graduation in statistics, what are the cut-off marks for post graduation in statistics n what are the job opportunities in govt. and private sectors. Please help me out sir...

Thanking you
Ashmita mishra
3rd May 2018, 04:38 PM
iamssuhana

You are eligible for the same. The minimum eligibility for admission to which is completion of B.A. (Honors)/ B.Sc.(Honors) in Statistics or Mathematics /Bsc MAths with computer and statistics as one of the subject, or graduation with min. 60% in a related discipline (Mathematics and Statistics as main subjects at the level of graduation ) from a recognized university.

Some institutes conduct their own entrance exams for selecting and admitting candidates, while some select students on the basis of the merit obtained at the level of graduation.

The best colleges to study Msc Statistics are:
ISI- Indian statistical institute
IIT K
Delhi university
Lovely Professional University
St Xavier's college mumbai
Lady shri ram college for women
Indian school of mines
Loyola college chennai
7th May 2018, 06:02 PM
Shalini_Sh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed bsc in mathematics .i want to do msc in statistics but i had statistics only in 1st year and not in 2nd.whether i am eligible for it? plz reply.
Yes,you are eligible for the M.Sc. as the statistics is the part of mathematics. But make sure that you should have minimum 55% marks without rounding off in graduation.
21st February 2020, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am doing BSC in mathematics but I think after BSC MSC in stats is best for carrier because I have internet in stats whether I am eligible or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?