25th August 2014, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

Which exam should I prefer among GMAT, CAT and GATE?

Can you please tell me which exam should i prefer among gmat,cat and gate?i m doing b.tech(ece 3rd year).i m an average student

29th August 2014, 07:12 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exam should I prefer among GMAT, CAT and GATE?

CAT (Common Admission Test)

This test is conducted by IIMs for admission to 2year PGDM (equivalent to MBA) at IIMs. All
graduates can apply for the exam. The score of this test is also sometimes used by non IIM
colleges/universities e.g., S.P.Jain Mumbai, NITIE Mumbai and FMS Delhi. Also IITs MBA
program use CAT score for admission in MBA program at IIT campuses. You can apply for
the test during final year of B.Tech. or after completing B.Tech. if you wish to do MBA.

GATE (Graduate Management Test in Engineering)

This test is conducted by IITs for admission in various M.Tech. programs at IIT campuses.
Also many other government engineering colleges and NITs do accept GATE score for
admission in M.Tech. program. Many Public Sector undertaking companies like NTPC, BHEL,
IOCL etc. recruit engineering graduates on the basis of GATE score. You can apply for the
test during final year of B.Tech. or after completing B.Tech. if you wish to do M.Tech. or
you are willing to do a job in a PSU company.

GMAT (Graduate Management Aptitude Test)

This test is mostly for doing MBA from international universities and is well suited for those
who have at least 2-3 years work experience after graduation. So, right now there is no
point running for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?