28th November 2013, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

What are the difference between following master degrees of Criminology?

good mrng......

pleaseee...... answer my question properly because I'm very much confused &
[COLOR="Red"]

I am doing bsc(zoology) 2nd year & i want to go in criminology but there are lots of courses for criminology.i am too confuse .
i want to know what is the differences between following courses:-

• Master of Law (L.L.M) in Criminal Law and Criminology
• Master of Science (M.Sc) in Applied Criminology
• Master of Science (M.Sc) in Criminology
• Post Graduate Diploma in Criminology & Correctional Management (PGDCC)

31st December 2014, 03:23 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the difference between following master degrees of Criminology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
good mrng......

pleaseee...... answer my question properly because I'm very much confused &
[COLOR="Red"]

I am doing bsc(zoology) 2nd year & i want to go in criminology but there are lots of courses for criminology.i am too confuse .
i want to know what is the differences between following courses:-

• Master of Law (L.L.M) in Criminal Law and Criminology
• Master of Science (M.Sc) in Applied Criminology
• Master of Science (M.Sc) in Criminology
• Post Graduate Diploma in Criminology & Correctional Management (PGDCC)
There is a huge difference between the courses. All the above mentioned courses are specialization in the same field but, the level of courses is different. Here, I am providing you the details regarding difference between the courses,

1) Master of Law (L.L.M) in Criminal Law and Criminology is a two years professional Course. Its not a normal degree course. Those candidates who are interested to become a Lawyer then can apply for Master of Law. After completing L.L.M, you can practice as a Lawyer by joining experienced lawyer.

Eligibility Criteria:
LLB or its equivalent qualification with 50% from a recognized university.

2) There is not much difference between the Master of Science (M.Sc) in Applied Criminology and Master of Science (M.Sc) in Criminology courses. It is a two years Master degree course which is divided into four semester. After completing M.Sc Applied Criminology you can get job opportunity in Police Department, NGOs, Research Organizations, Detective Agencies

3) Post Graduate Diploma in Criminology & Correctional Management (PGDCC) is a three years Diploma in Criminology specialization. There are so many colleges which offers this course. Once after completing PGDCC, you can work as a Criminologist, Police Officer, State Medical Examiners, Crime Intelligence Analyst, Drug Policy Advisor etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?