14th August 2015, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to become Doctor in AFMC for a candidate who has secured 60% in 12th Science?

Hello,
I want to become an Army Doctor. But I have scored only 60% in my 12th Science. I want to join AFMC. Please tell me I am eligible or not? Please reply as soon as possible.

15th August 2015, 03:46 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligibility to become Doctor in AFMC for a candidate who has secured 60% in 12th Science?

AFMC stands for Armed Force Medical College.
It is acknowledged as a center of excellence for education and research.
Graduates from AFMC will get chance to serve our country as medical officer for Indian Armed Forces.
Admission in MBBS course in AFMC will be done through AIPMT.
So,to become a doctor from AFMC, it is necessary for the candidate to qualify AIPMT examination with high ranks.
AIPMT stands for All India Pre Medical Test which is conducted by CBSE.
Eligibility to appear in AIPMT are
-Candidate must be a citizen of India.
-Candidate must have passed Higher Secondary Cetificate examination .
-Candidates appearing in Higher Secondary Certificate examination are also eligible to apply .
-Candidate must complete the age of 17 years on 31st December in the year of appearing examination.
15th August 2015, 03:47 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligibility to become Doctor in AFMC for a candidate who has secured 60% in 12th Science?

AFMC stands for Armed Force Medical College.
It is acknowledged as a center of excellence for education and research.
Graduates from AFMC will get chance to serve our country as medical officer for Indian Armed Forces.
Admission in MBBS course in AFMC will be done through AIPMT.
So,to become a doctor from AFMC, it is necessary for the candidate to qualify AIPMT examination with high ranks.
AIPMT stands for All India Pre Medical Test which is conducted by CBSE.
Eligibility to appear in AIPMT are
-Candidate must be a citizen of India.
-Candidate must have passed Higher Secondary Cetificate examination .
-Candidates appearing in Higher Secondary Certificate examination are also eligible to apply .
-Candidate must complete the age of 17 years on 31st December in the year of appearing examination.

AIPMT examination will be of 3 hours and consists of 180 objective questions.
15th August 2015, 10:13 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria to become a Doctor in AFMC:

>The candidate must be a citizen of India.

>The candidate must be unmarried. Marrying during the course is not permitted.

>The candidate should be medically fit as per prescribed standards by the Government of India, Ministry of Defence.

>The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinations in the first attempt with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken simultaneously and securing not less than 60% of the aggregate marks in these three science subjects taken together and not less than 50% marks in each of the science subjects.

All The Best.
15th August 2015, 10:57 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for doctor in AFMC (Armed Forces Medical College ):

<> Unmarried Candidates are only eligible.

<> Need to qualify in Medical Examination to get admission for doctor course.

<> Minimum Age : 17 years

Maximum Age : 21 years

There is a relaxation about 3 years for the candidates who have completed B.Sc.

<> You should complete 12th with BiPC with minimum 60% of marks in every main subject and atleast 50% of marks in remaining subjects.
15th August 2015, 11:56 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

AFMC stands for the Armed Force Medical College. In order to do join MBBS course from AMFC colleges, you need to crack the entrance exam conducted for it.

To be eligible for the entrance examination conducted, a candidate must have scored at least 50% marks in 10+2 from a recognized board. The subjects combination must include Physics, Chemistry and Biology. English must be compulsory subject.

The minimum age limit is 17 years for the entrance examination. So you can apply for the exam with 60% marks in 10+2 science.
16th August 2015, 12:41 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

AFMC stands for the Armed Force Medical Colleges. The eligibility criteria for entrance exam of AFMC is as below:

1. Academic qualification:

Candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board. The subjects must be Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

The minimum percentage of marks required is 50% in PCB and English.

2. Age criteria:

You must be 17 years at the 31st december of year of admission.

SO, with 60% marks in 10+2 science stream, you are eligible for the AFMC exam.
16th August 2015, 01:23 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I want to become an Army Doctor. But I have scored only 60% in my 12th Science. I want to join AFMC. Please tell me I am eligible or not? Please reply as soon as possible.
Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for AFMC exam but your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 40%.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years. No age relaxation provide for reserved category.
10th January 2017, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Is there any own entrance exam conducted by AFMC for class 12th PCB students??????
please tell me in detail!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?