14th December 2012, 07:31 PM
Rohith Murthy.S

Can I join Navy while studying final year diploma in mechanical

Sir, I am 21 year old and i am stuyding final year diploma in mechanical . I got 6 subject back in my course .
can i join navy?

Related Questions:
21st May 2015, 01:33 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Navy while studying final year diploma in mechanical

One can join Indian Navy through NDA or CDS exam.Both the exams are conducted by UPSC in order to make recruitment in different wings of InDian Defense Services.

The eligibility required to join Indian Navy through NDA exam are following:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The qualification required is 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy.

-The selection process involves written examination followed by personal interview by Service Selection Board.

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards required to join NDA.

The eligibility required to join Indian Navy through CDS Exam are following:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The qualification required for Indian Naval Academy is Bachelor of Engineering.

-The age limit to apply for the Indian Naval Academy is 19 years to 22 years.

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards for admission to CDS exam.

-The exam process involves

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.

Sorry to say,but,you can't join Navy while studying final year diploma in mechanical because Diploma holdar are not eligible for NDA exam or CDS exam.

If you would have done your 12th in PCM group and your age would be in between 16.5 years to 19 years then you would have become eligible for the NDA exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?