20th December 2012, 10:07 PM
shyam14390

Am I eligible for PSU after passing 12th with 64%? I have done B.E with 73%

sir i had done my b.e. With 73% agg. My 10th and 12th percentage are 64% and 54.6% so i am eligible in all psu or not. I belongs to sc category. Is there any criteria of 12th % in all psu like ntpc, bhel, ongc or not.
Also tell me where i can find details of all psu

14th January 2013, 11:43 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for PSU after passing 12th with 64%? I have done B.E with 73%

Yes you are eligible to apply to PSU after passing B.E. with 73%.

You will need a GATE Score to appear in the interviews conducted by PSU.

There is no percentage fixed to be attained in 12th Boards to be eligible to apply

to PSU like NTPC,BHEL,etc.

GATE Exams are conducted by IIT.

Since you belong to SC Category you will get benefits like less fees(Rs600/-) for

applying to GATE Exams and relaxation of age limit as per

Govt. norms in the PSU selection procedure.

Minimum eligibilty to appear in GATE Exams is B.E./B.Tech/Equivalent Pass.

Next GATE Exams you can appear only in 2014 now.

This year GATE Exams are on 20 Jan 2013 and 10th Feb 2013.
15th January 2013, 02:00 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for PSU after passing 12th with 64%? I have done B.E with 73%

With 73 percent marks in B.Tech you are definitely eligible for job in Public Sector Undertaking. You will have to appear for entrance exam conducted by the Public Sector Undertaking to get the job.

I should tell you that there is no single entrance exam. Each PSU conducts its own. Therefore you will have to wait for official notification by the company. The notification is published on leading newspapers as well their official website. There are several websites that also publishes the notification.

Follow the procedure mentioned in the notification to apply. Please remember to check whether there are any vacancies for your stream before applying. I will also recommend you to appear for the GATE entrance exam.

The selection procedure is different for the companies. Some conducts a written test which is followed by a interview. While some companies call the candidate for interview but demand GATE score to be shown. They have replaced written test with GATE entrance exam.

Eligibility

1. You should be citizen of India.

2. B.Tech/B.E. degree from a recognized college.

3. Minimum of 60 percent marks.

4. There should be no pending backlogs.

5. Age limit is 21 to 30 years.

6. There is three years relaxation for OBC.

7. SC/ST candidates get 5 years relaxation.

List of PSU

BHEL

BEL

HAL

Indian Railways

ISRO

DRDO

IOCL

BPCL

GAIL

NALCO

Coal India

ONGC

NTPC

BSNL

MTNL
16th January 2013, 02:54 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyam14390 View Post
sir i had done my b.e. With 73% agg. My 10th and 12th percentage are 64% and 54.6% so i am eligible in all psu or not. I belongs to sc category. Is there any criteria of 12th % in all psu like ntpc, bhel, ongc or not.
Also tell me where i can find details of all psu
Yes you are eligible to apply to PSU after passing B.E. with 73%.

You will need a GATE Score to appear in the interviews conducted by PSU.

There is no percentage fixed to be attained in 12th Boards to be eligible to apply

to PSU like NTPC,BHEL,etc.

GATE Exams are conducted by IIT.

Since you belong to SC Category you will get benefits like less fees(Rs600/-) for

applying to GATE Exams and relaxation of age limit as per

Govt. norms in the PSU selection procedure.

Minimum eligibilty to appear in GATE Exams is B.E./B.Tech/Equivalent Pass.

Next GATE Exams you can appear only in 2014 now.

This year GATE Exams are on 20 Jan 2013 and 10th Feb 2013.
26th June 2013, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

sir ,
i have completed MY PG (ME- CAD/CAM) with 8.1 CGPA in the period of 2011-2013... Now i am working as a assistant professor in one private college , my age is 24 so, am i eligible to atten PSU's examas ? also is there any special scope to my pg qualification in PSU's ? and also what are sector there for mechanical engineer in PSU's ? my scores are SSLC 66% , HSC 76% , BE 77% and ME 8.1 CGPA .

my email id : [email protected]
16th September 2015, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for PSU exam If I'm having 64% in average of all semester but 69% in aggregate of my degree. If Psu is looking for more than 65 %. Please reply
16th September 2015, 10:51 PM
manish12121212

Am I eligible If I'm having 64% as average of all semester and 69 % as aggregate means (10% of first year 20% of second year 30% of third year 100 % of last year) if PSU is looking for more than 65%.
17th September 2015, 11:36 AM
pikachu1993
Junior Member+

Hello,

To enter into PSU's like BHEL, NLC, SAIL, NTPC etc you have to write GATE exam. To write this exam you have to complete engineering or you can be a final year student. As you have completed your engineering degree you can apply for this exam. With that score you have to apply for the PSU's you need. According to the score the PSU's will shortlist and call for the interview. This is the procedure for entering into PSU.

Your score doesnt matter for applying GATE exam. You can definitely apply for the GATE exam. To get more details with the cut off marks use the following link.

http://engistan.com/category/ps/psucutoff/
20th February 2016, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

my btech final year percentage is 65 but aggregate is not first class am I illigible for psu after securing good rank in gate exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?