7th January 2013, 07:05 PM
Prashant mourya

How to join IES after passing B.E? Can I do high studies after doing IES?

Hello sir,
i am prashant mourya. I am doing be. I want to know all about ies. What is its salary. Can i do higher study after doing ies.

5th March 2013, 05:08 PM
Senior Member+

Smile Re: How to join IES after passing B.E? Can I do high studies after doing IES?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashant mourya View Post
Hello sir,
i am prashant mourya. I am doing be. I want to know all about ies. What is its salary. Can i do higher study after doing ies.
IES Details

Hello Prashant Mourya,
Glad to see you are interested in this Feild of Career. IES stands for Indian Engineering Service and is Quite a Dream of Every Engineer.
Here are the Details regarding the Exam:

► This Exam is Conducted by UPSC every year in the month of May and any candidate clearing this Test will Land up being an Engineer in a Govt Sector. Seats for any branch/year depends on vacancy in that particular year in that Branch.
► The examination has two parts:
  • Written examination
  • Interview
Written Examination
The written covers two parts :
-Part I consists of objective type questions
-Part II is of conventional papers.
Interview
Candidates Clearing the Written Test shall be called for Interview(Usually, 2.5 to 3 times the vacancy for particular year).
Marks in this Round: 200
Duration: 30 minutes
Marks expected: 65 to 165

Results: Candidate's final result will be published in UPSC website and Employment news.

Posts/Categories where the Candidates clearing both Written and Interview Test are placed are as follows:

Category I : Civil Engineering Category II : Mechanical Engineering

Category III: Electrical Engineering

Category IV: Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

Salary:

Basic pay will start from Rs. 21000/- 39000/- per month+DA
To be Frank, the government officials are never paid much. As a fresher you would only get 15-20k per month, although if you were to include the incentives and other different expenses, the salary becomes really high and also along with that you would be getting different facilities.

::IES 2013 Dates and Notifications::
  • Notification Date: 17.08.2013
  • Last Date For Receipt Of Applications: 16.09.2013 (Monday)
  • Exam Date: 07.12.2013 (Saturday)
  • Duration of Exam: 3 days
For More Information, Please Log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Regards,

Nik!

25th March 2013, 10:22 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to join IES after passing B.E? Can I do high studies after doing IES?

Quote:
Hello sir,
One can apply for it after graduation in engineering and age limit is 21-30 yrs..

And the package is handsome as you will get the govt job after clearing it..
26th March 2013, 08:03 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to join IES after passing B.E? Can I do high studies after doing IES?

IES - Indian Engineering Service conducted by UPSC every year for appointment of young Engineers in the top Technicak post under various Central Govt. Dept.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. or B.E. Degree in any stream preferably in Mechanical/Civil/Electrical/Electronics & Telecommunication from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through written exam followed by Personal Interview.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

After Graduation in Engineering, you may apply for GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) for higher studies like M.Tech. in IITs, NITs and other reputed Institutions.
26th March 2013, 09:33 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Hello sir,

Indian Engineering Services

Eligibility for Appearing in IES

Nationality - Indian

Education Qualification
  • You should have a bachelor degree in Engineering in Mechanical/Electrical/Civil/Electronics & Communication. / OR
  • M.sc in Wireless Communication/Radio Physics/Electronics/Radio Engineering.
  • Minimum age should be 21 years.
  • Age should not be above 30 years.
Scheme of Examination

~Paper I (Objective Type)
  • Questions will be from General Studies and General English.
  • Total marks will be 200.
~Paper II & III (Objective Type)
  • It will include questions from your academic Knowledge.
  • Total marks for each paper will be 200.
~Paper IV & V (Conventional Type/Written Type)
  • It will include questions from Numerical and Statistical Methods.
  • It will also include technical questions related to your stream.
  • Total marks for each paper will be 200.
~Interview - Total marks for this phase of exam will be 200.

Exam Duration

~Paper I,II,III will be of 2 hours each for each paper.
~Paper IV & V will be of 3 hours for each .

26th March 2013, 11:17 AM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: How to join IES after passing B.E? Can I do high studies after doing IES?

Quote:
Hello sir,

Dear Friend,

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service

This exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission)

The candidate who want to be eligible for the exam as per the education qualification should have completed a degree in B.E/B.Tech in the following departments are eligible for it....
  1. Mechanical Engineering
  2. Civil Engineering,
  3. Electrical Engineering and
  4. Electronics & Tele Communication Engineering.

Final years students also eligible for it...

The candidate age limit should be 21 to 30 years. The age relaxation for OBC candidates is 3 years. And the SC/ST candidates is 5 years.......

Selection Process:

• Preliminary exam
  • Main exam
  • Interview

All the best.........
30th June 2013, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

Now I am in final year of Instrumentation & control Engg. from pune university, can I apply for IES??
30th June 2013, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

Now I am in final year of Instrumentation & Control Engg. from pune uneversity, can I apply for IES ?
30th June 2013, 07:43 PM
nishadkharade

Now I am in final year of Instrumentation & Control Engg. from pune university, can I apply for IES ?
31st March 2014, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

I want a list of appropriate books for the preparation of ies.... i m from electronics n communication engineering branch...... plz let me know
11th July 2015, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

I am preparing for ies I want to know that I have 2nd division in metric and intermidiate.
Is this affect during interview process. What I do to it does not affect during interview can you suggest any excuse
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?