10th February 2013, 09:33 PM
shubham aneja

Am I eligible for BCA after passing 11th class

now i m in +1 class and then +2 , i dont have maths in class 12 so am i elegible for bca????

12th September 2013, 08:07 PM
rojatangella

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for BCA after passing 11th class

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham aneja View Post
now i m in +1 class and then +2 , i dont have maths in class 12 so am i elegible for bca????
hai..............

B.N College

Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the admission to various vocational courses at B.N College for the academic year 2013-14.

Application forms can be obtained from respective departments on payment of Rs. 500/- on DD mode in favour of Principal, B.N College, Patna.

An additional charges of Rs.50/- will be applicable in case of obtaining form through post.

Eligibility criteria for BBA/ BCA/ B. Tech admission 2013 at B.N College, Patna

• Should have minimum aggregate marks of 55% in 10+2 level.

• Relaxation of 5% is applicable in case of SC/ ST candidates (45% in 10+2 level)

• For BBA minimum aggregate should be 45% marks for all categories.

• Appearing candidates for this academic year are also eligible to apply.

Courses

Eligibility

Last Date of Submission

Entrance Test Date

BBA

I.A/ I. Sc/ I. Com

July 15

July 20 (10 am – 2 pm)

BCA (Science)

I. Sc (PCM)

July 15

July 17 (10 am -12 pm)

BCA (Arts)

I.A/ I.Com

July 15

July 17 (2 pm- 4 pm)

Bio-Technology

I. Sc (PCB)

July 15

July 18 (11 am- 1 pm)

Functional English

I.A/ I. Sc/ I. Com

July 16

July 26 (2 pm – 4 pm)

Note - Forms will be sold June 13, 2013 till July 15, 2013

Bihar National College, a constituent unit of Patna University, was established in the year 1889. It is one of the biggest and oldest multi-faculty colleges of the state imparting degree level teaching in almost all the subjects of Arts and Science and up to post graduate level in some selected subjects.
The college imparts modern quality education in the faculties of Science, commerce, humanities and Arts at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.

all the best.............
13th September 2013, 01:06 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for BCA after passing 11th class

Hi friend............

Bachelor in Computer Applications is one of the most sought after and most preferable degree course choice these days.
It is a 3 years degree course.

>>One has to do BCA after completing +2 in Mathematics and Physics.

One can get many work as well as academic prospects after BCA.

You should required the 60% of marks in 12th standard for General candiates.

5% of marks relaxation for the other categories.

Your min age limit is 17 years.

Right after BCA one can get a descent job with an average salary between 3-3.5 lacs p.a.

It is one of those degree programme, which provides such descent jobs, mostly in IT industry and is thus equivalent to B.E in terms of prospects for Job after graduation.

It is unlike other Bachelor courses like B.Sc and B.Com which are not that effective to fetch you a good job right after your graduation.

>> One can also go for studying further after BCA (higher studies)
It can also be done in the same field of study like doing MCA is one of the most relevant option for a BCA graduate.
It also gives you a deep insight in the subject and also finetunes your chances of getting more attractive job prospects.

>> One can also take a shift from one's field of study, as it is so much technical and can get hands-on on management by doing masters in management- MBA (Master in Business Administration).

All the best...........
15th September 2013, 03:00 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible for BCA after passing 11th class

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham aneja View Post
For your information you must know that BCA stands for the Bachelors in Computer Applications. It is indeed one of the many routes to make a career in the IT Sector and grow with it. But of course there are a lot of other things to consider before one can actually go ahead in making a real time career in BCA.

Now the question that you have put up is whether or not can you appear for the BCA course even if you do not have maths in your Class 12th curriculum. So, I feel really sorry here to say that you are NOT ELIGIBLE to take up the BCA course. This is because every course has certain criteria's of eligibility.

There are a few of them, but one of the major criteria's say that BCA can be taken up only by candidates who have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects in class 11th and 12th. But since you do not have it, In the beginning itself I would have to say that you are not eligible to take up the BCA course.

It clearly states that an applicant should be a minimum Class 12th pass from a recognized college or university and scored good marks. Also maths is a compulsory subject to have studied in that. If a person has not studied it then he or she is certainly not eligible to apply for the BCA course anytime.
Though there are a lot of colleges and educational institutions which offer this course, but most of them have this criteria listed.

This is because maths is a subject of high importance and it is required to take up BCA studies. I would still request you to try and take up Maths as well in class 11th. So that you do not face any problem. Otherwise you may also try in different colleges that may give admission to BCA without maths.

Last edited by ranjeet250490; 9th April 2015 at 12:19 AM. Reason: As suggested by Support
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?