2nd March 2013, 12:23 AM
Vibpra

How should I start preparation for ICS?

Dear Sir,
With a due respect i want to know that how much no are requied for qualifying for Mains in Civil Services Exam....
Right now i am in 1st year B.A(H)pol.sci and i want to crack Civil Services Examinatuon nd bexome IAS Officer.
So sir tell me from when and how i start my prepration for Civil services examination...

A'm waiting for your answer...
i highly oblinged to u...

16th December 2015, 12:57 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I start preparation for ICS?

Civil Services examination is one of toughest examination of India. The competition is very tough and it has three stages which a candidates need to clear:

1. Preliminary examination.

2. Mains examination.

3. Personal interview.

The qualification required for this exam bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for exam.

From second year of bachelor's degree, you can start preparation for exam by initially reading core text books for NCERT. You must read NCERT books from class 6th to 10+2 of social science and science.

After completing this books, you can join any good coaching institute like Vajiram and Ravi or Chanakya IAS academy for better preparation.

Marks differ from year to year. It is not fixed. Out of overall mains and interview, if you manage to score above 1000 marks out of 2025, most likely you will get administrative services.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?